8473 11 2020-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rahul K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67884 ft
Canada

Hi

Is it possible to have the Osmo Pocket shoot a video in slow motion mode but after when editing the video in DJI MIMO choose which part of the video we want in slow motion and which to play as regular video, I know this is easily achievable on my phone not sure if we can do this in Osmo Action or Osmo Pocket.

If not can this be a feature idea?

2020-1-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Easy enough to do in a video editor in post. You can even sync in the accompanying audio track.

2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. I am sorry to say that this feature is unavailable for the said camera. But can be done by using a video editing software. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-22
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Canada

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-21 15:48
Easy enough to do in a video editor in post. You can even sync in the accompanying audio track.

https://youtu.be/37JwrQvFyhc

Hey Ray,

Thanks for your reply and your post.
Yes, I know it's quite easy to do this in post
But did you shoot this video at a higher frame rate and then slowed parts of it down?
Also, my question is more to when I am taking a hyperlaps and just want to pop out of the hyperlaps into normal video for a few seconds and then switch back to hyperlaps and have my video intact or able to shoot in 24p and slow down part of the video at will without stopping and changing the framerate.
2020-7-12
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Canada

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-21 15:48

https://youtu.be/37JwrQvFyhc

Hey Ray,

Yes, I know it's quite easy to do this in post
But did you shoot this video at a higher frame rate and then slowed parts of it down?
Also, my question is more to when I am taking a hyperlaps and just want to pop out of the hyperlaps into normal video for a few seconds and then switch back to hyperlaps and have my video intact or able to shoot in 24p and slow down part of the video at will without stopping and changing the framerate.
2020-7-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Rahul K Posted at 7-12 12:26
Hey Ray,

The slow sections are done in slow motion. You can't change modes on the fly. The modes use different codecs. If a camera can shoot video in motion JPEG then it can be technically possible but the video files and processing requirements in camera would be huge.
Hyper-laps doesn't give you an accompanying soundtrack whereas slow motion gives you a separated sound track you can sync up to later if you know what you are doing and the video editor accepts the sound aac sound files the Pocket produces. Also the sound is recorded at normal speed so either the video clip or the sound track needs further work to get into sync. Often these types of shows within these events do two performances a day or more that are exactly the same. So I go back a second time and stand in a different place to get a different camera angle.
If you want to mix frame rates in a video the software either has to take frames away or make up frames to fill in gaps. Either way there is a risk of frame tearing or not getting as smooth a flow as one would  expect.  

Ray.
2020-7-12
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Canada

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-12 16:58
The slow sections are done in slow motion. You can't change modes on the fly. The modes use different codecs. If a camera can shoot video in motion JPEG then it can be technically possible but the video files and processing requirements in camera would be huge.
Hyper-laps doesn't give you an accompanying soundtrack whereas slow motion gives you a separated sound track you can sync up to later if you know what you are doing and the video editor accepts the sound aac sound files the Pocket produces. Also the sound is recorded at normal speed so either the video clip or the sound track needs further work to get into sync. Often these types of shows within these events do two performances a day or more that are exactly the same. So I go back a second time and stand in a different place to get a different camera angle.
If you want to mix frame rates in a video the software either has to take frames away or make up frames to fill in gaps. Either way there is a risk of frame tearing or not getting as smooth a flow as one would  expect.  

Thanks again Ray for replying.

I actually figured it out, as long as I shoot at 60fps I can and keep for shutter at 1/120 (180 rule). I am able to slow down the parts of video or play them at normal speed in the Mimo app. Also, able to export everything in 24fps.

The part about hyperlaps was to do with the new Hero8 feature (timewrap 2.0) where during a hyperlaps you could switch the video to regular speed and then switch back to the hyperlaps and the camera generates one seamless video.
Check it out you will understand what I am taking about.

I guess I could do this with in mimo as well but I have to shoot the entire video as regular and then do speed ramping where I want the hyperlaps looks.
2020-7-13
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Canada

This feature isn't that important.

I really want DJI to add motion shot feature in the Osmo pocket.

We can do motiontimelaps so why not motion shot, where I can program a dedicated path and duration and the Osmo moves the gimbal head while shooting a normal video.
I have requested this multiple times and even have another thread on it, if you help post on that thread it will be nice.
2020-7-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Rahul K Posted at 7-13 07:32
This feature isn't that important.

I really want DJI to add motion shot feature in the Osmo pocket.

I have yet to understand people buying something that does not do what they want and then expecting the product to be upgraded. The specs are published with the product. The only responsibility for the company is then of quality control and correcting errors in the original that do not work correctly or as advertised.
DJI never mentioned the product would do more than they originally specified.
I wouldn't expect any further implementations of new features on this product run.
Most of the 'wish lists' from customers here I'm sure are up-chained  to the developers who will sift through the ideas and incorporate those that are feasible into either then next model or at some future date if the demand is there.
What any manufacturer puts into a given product is up to them. No-one else.
It is up to the consumer to check that what is on sale fits their needs.
I can't think of a single product that does everything I would like it to but some come close enough to be usable with a bit of planning and forethought.
Even a Swiss Army knife has its drawbacks.

Ray.
2020-7-13
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Canada

Ray-CubeAce keep you sneezy comment to yourself and read what is said and understand please.
Slow motion and Motion shot were both advertised features for the Osmo pocket so when you say "I have yet to understand people buying something that does not do what they want and then expecting the product to be upgraded." I did read and know what I was buying!!!!

What I am asking DJI to do is change how they implemented it,
1. Slow motion is not real slow motion as the video is shot in 120p but the file is only saved in 30p. I want the file to be saved in the original 120p framerate
2. Motion is only allowed in time-lapse, I want the ability to shot Motion Shot for video not just time-lapse.  

2020-7-24
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Canada

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-13 10:49
I have yet to understand people buying something that does not do what they want and then expecting the product to be upgraded. The specs are published with the product. The only responsibility for the company is then of quality control and correcting errors in the original that do not work correctly or as advertised.
DJI never mentioned the product would do more than they originally specified.
I wouldn't expect any further implementations of new features on this product run.

Ray-CubeAce keep you sneezy comment to yourself and read what is said and understand please.
Slow motion and Motion shot were both advertised features for the Osmo pocket so when you say "I have yet to understand people buying something that does not do what they want and then expecting the product to be upgraded." I did read and know what I was buying!!!!

What I am asking DJI to do is change how they implemented it,
1. Slow motion is not real slow motion as the video is shot in 120p but the file is only saved in 30p. I want the file to be saved in the original 120p framerate
2. Motion is only allowed in time-lapse, I want the ability to shot Motion Shot for video not just time-lapse.
2020-7-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Rahul K Posted at 7-24 11:25

So not how it was described when bought then?
2020-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules