Camera signal error - randomly transmitting to RC
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Everybody,
I am fairly new to this forum and for sure not an expert when it comes to troubleshooting.
On my P3 Pro I have the following problem:
- Sometimes everything works perfect but most of the times I get problems with the video capture. It's not showing up on the RC in the DJI Go app but I am still being able to take pictures.

- Then sometimes when I turn on the AC I am having a video signal in the DJI Go app but after a few seconds the gimbal freezes.
- Then sometimes when I turn on the AC I am having no video signal but I am able to move the gimbal.
- Also sometimes everything works perfect but after a restart it won't

What I have done so far:
- I have reset the RC
- I tried to downgrade the FW but that doesn't work. I guess it was possible in the past but it isn't anymore. I am running the P3 Professional Firmware v1.11.20 on the AC

This is driving me nuts. Anyone an idea what could cause the problem? Anyone having an idea how to solve the problem?

Cheers
Markus

2020-1-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is all quite normal. Yes, you can still save pictures or movies on the SD card in the aircraft, even though you don't see the picture, because they are two seperate streams. And there are multiple radio channels in both directions, hence you can still contol the aircraft even though you see no picture. If you are flying near a city, this happens all the time, one of the channels may be experiencing interference, but not the others. You will see this less if you are out in the country. Try switching your phone to airplane mode.
2020-1-21
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Geebax Posted at 1-21 21:00
It is all quite normal. Yes, you can still save pictures or movies on the SD card in the aircraft, even though you don't see the picture, because they are two seperate streams. And there are multiple radio channels in both directions, hence you can still contol the aircraft even though you see no picture. If you are flying near a city, this happens all the time, one of the channels may be experiencing interference, but not the others. You will see this less if you are out in the country. Try switching your phone to airplane mode.

Hello Geebax,

thanks for the hint. I will check whether that makes a difference when I get back home tonight. I will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Markus
2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern.  As Geebax at post 2 please try to fly the drone on airplane mode. Did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash prior from getting this issue? May I ask what is the model of the mobile device that you are using when encountering this issue? Are you seeing an error message " No image transmission " or just black screen? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-22
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Hi DJI Paladin,

thanks for jumping in.
Well, the airplane mode doesn’t solve the problems.
As of 10 starts I am having a video signal in 3-5 cases.

On the RC I have updated the software already via the DJI Go app
Does this answer your question about the RC?

You are right about the crash. In my opinion it wasn’t that hard but I had to change the gimbal flat ribbon cable and since them I am experiencing these problems. Do you think there is something wrong with the cable? I have read in another blog that the cable should be constructed as a two layer cable. Is that right? Unfortunately I can not remember how the one was constructed that I have mounted.

Or do you think there is something wrong with one of the boards?

Cheers
Markus
2020-1-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's important that you have a somewhat updated RC version of FW to go with AC FW 1.11.20 because otherwise there could be an encryption mismatch.  

Re the cable, did you replace the bad cable with a genuine DJI cable?  I have read that the aftermarket cables only work about half the time.  

Good luck
2020-1-22
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-22 14:33
It's important that you have a somewhat updated RC version of FW to go with AC FW 1.11.20 because otherwise there could be an encryption mismatch.  

Re the cable, did you replace the bad cable with a genuine DJI cable?  I have read that the aftermarket cables only work about half the time.  

Hi Mark,

I am not sure whether it was a genuine cable but I would doubt it cause I bought it from an Amazon store.

Where can I check what FW version I am running on the RC??? I have the following RC model: GL300B

Cheers,
Markus
2020-1-22
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

@ DJI Paladin:

I am having the RC model: GL300B
Do you know where to check the FW version of the RC?

It doesn't show any error message on the screen. There is just no live video...

Cheers,
Markus

2020-1-22
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

@ DJI Paladin:

I am using the following mobile devices:
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2016
- iPhone X
- iPad air

I have also tried the Litchi app on the iPhone and on the iPad but it also doesn't sho a live video most of the times....

Cheers,
Markus
2020-1-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

MRKS Posted at 1-22 22:13
@ DJI Paladin:

I am having the RC model: GL300B

You look on your app at the bottom of one of the screens under the "About" section  It'll show FW for your AC, RC, and app.  

If you just replaced the cable and now it's not working right, it would seem to be the cable.  Can you show us the Amazon link?
2020-1-23
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-23 03:12
You look on your app at the bottom of one of the screens under the "About" section  It'll show FW for your AC, RC, and app.  

If you just replaced the cable and now it's not working right, it would seem to be the cable.  Can you show us the Amazon link?

Sorry. Wrong information. I got it on Ebay.
Here is the link: https://www.ebay.de/itm/DJI-Phantom-3-Adv-Pro-Gimbal-Yaw-Roll-Arm-Gimbal-Cable-Flachbandkabel-Parts/153401190164?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I have bought option C. Just the cable !!!

Cheers
Markus
2020-1-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

That looks like the one.  

Back to post #2, are you in the city or rural?  
2020-1-23
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-23 06:15
That looks like the one.  

Back to post #2, are you in the city or rural?

No, I am not in the city. I live in a small village (2000 inhabitants) but we got a pretty good mobile phone network coverage (LTE).
2020-1-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Okay.  RC FW?  
2020-1-23
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-23 10:03
Okay.  RC FW?

7906FD6B-74B2-43AB-AA0F-28A44BC58C68.jpeg
2020-1-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Looks good!

I've heard people advise reinstalling the Go app to try to fix it.  I've never had to do it.
2020-1-23
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-23 11:38
Looks good!

I've heard people advise reinstalling the Go app to try to fix it.  I've never had to do it.

Ok. Will give it a try.
Thanks
2020-1-23
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Updated the Go app but didn’t solve the problem.
I am getting frustrated...
2020-1-23
Use props
MRKS
lvl.1

Germany

Any other ideas?
What would you do to locate the bad part?

Do you think it’s one of the boards???
2020-1-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I am out of ideas.  Sorry
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now