1916 6 2020-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thierry38
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62320 ft
France

Hello,

It's been 1 year now that I fly with a Mavic Pro (last firmware update, Mavic and radio included) all went well until August 2019, or I found myself having this error code "remote controller connection error "in full flight and I found myself having the gray image on my phone ...
And I was able to put the RTH into service because the radio was still working ...

Thinking that it came from the OTG cord I contacted the DJI support and my cord was exchanged.

After ten flights the problem comes back with a new cord and with the same Xiaomi M 8 phone ...

I can see that I am not the only one with this problem, and that many people have the same problem, we discuss it here, and on other forums ...

My question then is is DJI well aware of the problem ...?

For my part I have the impression that not, because no official note has appeared and even less firmware update ....

Did you find a solution on your side ...?

Thank you in advance for info and other help.

Thierry

2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Please try a different compatible mobile device to check if issue persists. Kindly please refresh the firmware of the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue.  Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-1-22
Use props
Thierry38
lvl.1
France

Hello,

And thank you for your reponce which remains for me more than Pathetic ....

Very many people who had confidence in buying a mavic pro pro2 drone, have the same problem 15 to 20 minutes after the flight the problem of deconnection error appears ....

We must forcibly stop DJI GO 4 and restart the application.

Once in flight with the application restarted the problem returns to after 15 to 20 minutes ...

If the OTG cord (when it was already replaced once) had bad contacts the connection problem would be random and not regular as it is

From a Xaomi  phone I switched to a recent Samsung and the problem is identical.

I even tried to flash the drone and the radio via DJI_Super-PatcherV2.0.2.

I also put the remote control at the same firmware level and I used the DJI GO 4 version of deejayeye-modder-master, and the problems of disconnection are the same...

There is therefore indeed a problem either of application what I doubt, is of a malfunction between the drone the radio control and the data of the radiocommand port.

In view of the price of more than 1200 euros for a combo version, I think it would be good, for your firm, to question itself and admit that there is a problem rather than giving a solution worthy of a hot-line at lowcost ...

It’s shameful to leave your customers with their problems without you being able to question or care about them.
2020-2-23
Use props
marcintomasik
lvl.1
Poland

Hi Thierry, I had the same problem "Remote Controller Connection Error" in the middle of flight of MavicPro (lost control & vision) and in consequence I lost the drone in warranty time - it's popular error take a look on the DJI forum and others. Even in Mavic 2. DJI judged this as "Customer Responsibility" I proofed that it is impossible with the calculations, pictures and screens from the same flight and guess what? They changed analysis to "unable to judge". They want me to buy a new main unit for the price of new drone. This is unfair!  :| I think we should join our forces and report a dispute in something like that place: European Consumer Centres Network.  Are you from EU?

2020-2-27
Use props
Thierry38
lvl.1
France

Hello,
I totally agree with your comments, I am in France and we have a fairly efficient consumer association.
We could firstly carry out a joint petition bringing together all the countries, via specialized websites (why not https://www.change.org), this will better guide consumer associations in different countries,
in order to defend at best a common cause.

Regards
2020-2-29
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 173432 ft
Australia

Hi Thierry,
I have almost exactly, if not exactly, the problem you face.  The one detail where we may differ is that rebooting my phone does not help at all.  However if I restart the Remote Controller I do regain full control at the phone.  In practice this means when the disconnect occurs in the middle of a flight I deliberately terminate the mission by switching the controller off.  This initiates a RTH sequence.  I then restart the controller and when it reconnects with the aircraft and the phone I am able to regain control of the returning aircraft.  I can then abort the continuing RTH sequence and carry on with the mission.  What a horrible state of affairs.  

I have swapped my Galaxy S5 phone with a damaged iPad Mini 4 (cracked LCD screen) and have done some more testing.  After several battery loads of testing I have not had a single disconnect with the iPad, although I have not been brave enough to leave the ground due to the smashed LCD on the iPad.

This is an issue that should be reproducible in the DJI labs and it is a very poor show that it has not happened.
2020-4-7
Use props
Thierry38
lvl.1
France

Hello,

DJI would he have made improvements to correct the problem on Android, or are we still forced to use mobile phones or Apple tablets ..?

Thierry
2020-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules