Lens hood for mavic 2 pro
1523 7 2020-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silverdan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62920 ft
Italy

Hi all djiers, I wanted to ask you if someone uses the lens hood for the mavic 2 pro. I read on the Pgytech website that protects the camera from the left, right, and top sides the hood minimizes lens flare, stray light, vignetting, and undesired color effects. Do you think it's a good buy?

pgytech_dji_mavic_2.jpg

2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Silverdan. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will best information from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome,  does it really help lens flare?
2020-1-22
Use props
Silverdan
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-21 14:21
Hello and good day Silverdan. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will best information from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

thanks Stephen for your valuable advice. You are right about products made by third parties. Now I'll try to test it and I'll tell you if it's okay for the mavic 2 pro's camera.
2020-1-22
Use props
Silverdan
lvl.1
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 02:15
Awesome,  does it really help lens flare?

Hi DAFlys, I can't answer your question because I still don't try it. As soon as I get the lens hood I will test it and let you know if it actually solves the problems related to reflections on the lens.
2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Silverdan Posted at 1-22 08:45
Hi DAFlys, I can't answer your question because I still don't try it. As soon as I get the lens hood I will test it and let you know if it actually solves the problems related to reflections on the lens.

Ive been suffering with flare a bit recently due to the low sun in the winter so Im interested to know more.
2020-1-23
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39652 ft
United Kingdom

Just broke my Platinum gimbal, fortunately have refresh but it will still cost.

Ordered a couple of gimbal protectors.  This is open at the front and allows required ventilation.  Apparently someone had an email from DJI saying it was ok to fly with the standard cover on, but tests showed it increased drone temp by 25 deg.  DJI say they don't recommend third party products, but if the gimbals don't touch it cannot see a problem.
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Silverdan Posted at 1-22 08:41
thanks Stephen for your valuable advice. You are right about products made by third parties. Now I'll try to test it and I'll tell you if it's okay for the mavic 2 pro's camera.

You are very much welcome Silverdan and thank you for the additional information. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules