DJI Sent me a bill and photos for a crashed drone which is not mine
1181 12 2020-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8fcaaaf7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7146 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone got a contact number for someone higher up at DJI than the call centre?

I sent my Mavic pro 2 in for a check as the gimbal wouldn’t keep a level horizon and in return I have been sent a bill for €300 and photos of a drone that has been crashed badly. Mine was a month old and never had a hard landing in its short life. Now somehow it’s their word against mine that I had crashed the drone even though all of my flight logs show clean safe flights. I sent them my drone in pristine condition.

This is the second time I’ve had an issue like this and time is off the essence so anyone who has any advice or contacts to sort this out would be great.

Thanks in advance!
2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I am able to get your case number by your name, your case has been escalated to the supervisor department to investigate the issue, the supervisor team will keep you updated once there is an update about your case. Please kindly wait for the update. Sorry again for the trouble.
2020-1-21
Use props
Mheuser
lvl.2
Netherlands

Im sorry this has happend to you. The best is to have them check your RMA number and cross check the receiving photos against those of the damage assesement. If these are not simulair condition then something has gone wrong and this indeed not your unit. I trully hope your issue will  be solved very soon, the best of luck.
2020-1-22
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that sounds like a horrible situation. I am sorry. The best advice i have is to argue using your flight records, ask them to their products record EVERYTHING... make them prove to you  that you crashed it based on the records, else demand that they give you a new one, but they're very very greedy, it's their culture, so best of luck.
2020-1-22
Use props
fans8fcaaaf7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Absolutely useless, they stand by the fact that it is my drone yet have refused to provide me evidence of the damaged drone and serial number. I have provided All my flight logs That will prove it hasn’t been crashed so it will be interesting to see what they come back with. I HATE DJI SO MUCH. This is the second terrible experience i’ve had they are the worst and refuse to help you make it better.
2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans8fcaaaf7 Posted at 1-22 07:21
Absolutely useless, they stand by the fact that it is my drone yet have refused to provide me evidence of the damaged drone and serial number. I have provided All my flight logs That will prove it hasn’t been crashed so it will be interesting to see what they come back with. I HATE DJI SO MUCH. This is the second terrible experience i’ve had they are the worst and refuse to help you make it better.

I apologize for the difficulties that you had experienced. As per checking, the supervisor team received your email reply and will keep following the case in working hours. Your patience will be appreciated.
2020-1-22
Use props
Mheuser
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans8fcaaaf7 Posted at 1-22 07:21

That is indeed very awkward if its your drone, then why would they refuse to send you pictures or serial number? Where did you send your drone to as per my experience they usually look into these kind of situations.
2020-1-22
Use props
WRATH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12175 ft
Australia

Refusal to send you the serial number and pictures of the crashed drone makes this highly suspicious. Dji really need to sort their systems out. As a customer myself i am dreading wether i send anything back if i have an issue. There are alot of horror stories. Doesnt make dji look good.
2020-1-24
Use props
fans8fcaaaf7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

UPDATE!!

So they still remain adamant that my drone had been crashed however they found no suggestion of a crash in the flight records. I have provided them with photographic evidence of my drone before being sent to DJI repair which proves absolutely no damage whatsoever for which Emily (the person dealing with my case) completely ignored and refuses to acknowledge. She also refuses to send me proof that my drones serial number matches up with the damage on the drone they have. ALSO THE DAMAGE SHE ORIGINALLY STATED HAS NOW CHANGED FROM A BROKEN LEG TO DENTS BEHIND THE LANDING GEAR!!! Emily is being extremely patronising, unhelpful and damn right rude. She remains the only resolutions for this case is to send back my now “crashed” drone or have 10% of the repair which is laughable. They think that I am enjoying this and doing it for fun as I have nothing better to do. This drone is insured so if I had of damaged it I would of just claimed on insurance it makes no sense and I will keep fighting this awful customer service.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be great, I am going to try contacting DJI USA and China and try report this woman Emily for her condescending attitude towards me.
2020-1-27
Use props
fans8fcaaaf7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans8fcaaaf7 Posted at 1-27 06:42
UPDATE!!

So they still remain adamant that my drone had been crashed however they found no suggestion of a crash in the flight records. I have provided them with photographic evidence of my drone before being sent to DJI repair which proves absolutely no damage whatsoever for which Emily (the person dealing with my case) completely ignored and refuses to acknowledge. She also refuses to send me proof that my drones serial number matches up with the damage on the drone they have. ALSO THE DAMAGE SHE ORIGINALLY STATED HAS NOW CHANGED FROM A BROKEN LEG TO DENTS BEHIND THE LANDING GEAR!!! Emily is being extremely patronising, unhelpful and damn right rude. She remains the only resolutions for this case is to send back my now “crashed” drone or have 10% of the repair which is laughable. They think that I am enjoying this and doing it for fun as I have nothing better to do. This drone is insured so if I had of damaged it I would of just claimed on insurance it makes no sense and I will keep fighting this awful customer service.

2020-1-27
Use props
fans8fcaaaf7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mheuser Posted at 1-22 21:56
That is indeed very awkward if its your drone, then why would they refuse to send you pictures or serial number? Where did you send your drone to as per my experience they usually look into these kind of situations.

Netherlands, it is the second time I have had a problem like this happen!
2020-1-27
Use props
fans6c4e50a8
lvl.1

Austria

Crazy story, what a shockingly bad after sales service DJI have. Good products but terrible service. If they ever get serious competition they will be out of business right away.
2020-1-29
Use props
WRATH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12175 ft
Australia

WHAT A LOAD OF BS!!!!!!!!!!. even if they had strict regulations on photographing the serial number they have still refused to provide you with the serial number off the drone. maybe it would be better to get the drone back and see if it is still the same drone. why the hell are they creating so much added bull s#!t to this case. it will get worse now that dji have shut down till mid february due to this corona virus. this customer support is terrible. do they not realise that without customers they wouldnt have a job. cant believe they would go through so much crap.
2020-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules