Did anybody weigh the Mini?
1113 10 2020-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

I was curious if the little anti-scratch glasses for the lens weigh more than 1g so that the Mini is weighting more than 249 and I put my Mini + Battery on my digital kitchen scale.
Well, my scale shows (without any accessoires) 254g. Either it's very unprecise or my Mini could never get below <249.
I'm curious what your scales show up and also it would be interesting if you actually 'get busted' because of these few grams of difference.... hm...

2020-1-21
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

..., I'm so stupid, i forgot to remove the gimbal protection. Nevermind.
Anyways, what do you guys think? Would the law punish you to death because of let's say 250g weight?
2020-1-21
Use props
German DroneTV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 741864 ft
Germany

Yes, exactly 249g

in the first 6 sec:

2020-1-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using an Ozeri ZK14-S Digital Scale my MM weighs 246g.  That being the ready to fly weight (with battery, no gimbal cover)
2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mizzu. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. It is great to know that everything is fine. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with your DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to assist you. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-1-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did exactly the same thing...and then looked at the shield.....nuff said.
2020-1-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

there's no way for state or local law enforcement to enforce this by using force.
2020-1-21
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

In a days of miniaturisations, i hope that DJI can make smaller dron but in the same weight 249.
Smaller can be better for windy days, and you can add some sensors in the future too.
2020-1-22
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-21 20:28
there's no way for state or local law enforcement to enforce this by using force.

… many local police carry scales for drugs... not likely but not "unpossible"...

Would you be obliged to surrender your drone to any one other that an FAA agent with a calibrated scale for weight?  Theory.
2020-1-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Akirasho Posted at 1-22 15:59
… many local police carry scales for drugs... not likely but not "unpossible"...

Would you be obliged to surrender your drone to any one other that an FAA agent with a calibrated scale for weight?  Theory.

you live in the usa and you're asking me if you are forced to surrender your drone to be weighed?  what state do you live in (to be thinking like that)?  certainly you can consent to it....

just because the police have a scale in their trunk doesn't mean they get to weigh anything they want to.

2020-1-22
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

Imagine all Cops running around with Scales in their Holsters...
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules