Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First 'Decent' Drone Footage
547 11 2020-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sirius99
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Only had about 3 flights out with the mini so far but it was a lovely day over here and also experimenting with Da Vinci Resolve editing software and produced this.

Exposure levels seem a bit high to me and it needs a fair bit of work i think but for a 20 minute flight and an hour of editing I'm not unhappy with it.

Must do better but interested in feedback to improve ...

2020-1-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job yes when filiming with the sky directly in view slightly overexposed but reall nice and sharp, the ending shot was perfectly exposed, maybe lower the EV and if it’s under exposed just bring it back in post, but really nice, for a tiny camera it produces beautiful sharp footage.
2020-1-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

For only your 3rd flight I thought you did a great job.  I'm still a Newb at photography so I'd definitely take the wise words of wisdom/tips from Captain DB and Captain 007.  I have seen their videos - simply awesome.
2020-1-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You're learning quickly!
2020-1-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work
2020-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome,  keep it up.
2020-1-22
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

That's good for your 3rd flight. I didn't have nearly as much confidence on my 3rd one. I'm now on my 13th flight and have 1 flight where I edited a video together. Funnily enough, I use the same video editor as you . I can recommend a few things based on my experience. If the video is overexposed (you can look at the histogram to know for sure) dial down the EV value and once it's set, lock the exposure. Also slow and thought out movements are an important part of the video. C-mode is useful for that. These are what I have noticed while flying and editing. Have fun flying!
2020-1-22
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nice short, but you have slightly increased the speed, which is visible at the people walking and the first yaw looks a bit shaky.
2020-1-22
Use props
Sirius99
lvl.1
United Kingdom

UweE Posted at 1-22 03:57
nice short, but you have slightly increased the speed, which is visible at the people walking and the first yaw looks a bit shaky.

if i could have edited the people out I would have    - good eyes to notice that but what can you do at normal C mode speed without the 2x speddup it would have been crawling I thought ..P mode seems to me to be faster but less smooth but tbh I havent experimented enough to get a feel for the difference this makes .

Yes still not got my 'nerves' out of my fingers when flying it hence a few jerky motions through it ..it will take time ...

also used thumbs on sticks but considering 'pinch' method ....

2020-1-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sirius99 Posted at 1-22 04:19
if i could have edited the people out I would have    - good eyes to notice that but what can you do at normal C mode speed without the 2x speddup it would have been crawling I thought ..P mode seems to me to be faster but less smooth but tbh I havent experimented enough to get a feel for the difference this makes .

Yes still not got my 'nerves' out of my fingers when flying it hence a few jerky motions through it ..it will take time ...

Pinch method on sticks tends to help for me also.  Keep shooting those videos.  Looking forward to your next one.
2020-1-22
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nice thanks for sharing!
2020-1-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Always nice when you get past your first moves and can start focussing on the footage
2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules