Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone apps
2939 17 2020-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wazu
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone have any experince using drone apps, other than dji fly, with a Mavic mini, or any Mavic?
2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day wazu. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I would highly recommended you to use the DJI Fly application fro your DJI Mavic Mini and all the recommended DJI application for designated DJI drones for compatibility and reliability purposes. Using this DJI application you will be able to access all the intelligent flight modes for different DJI drones. Thank you.
2020-1-21
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-21 13:37
Hello and good day wazu. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I would highly recommended you to use the DJI Fly application fro your DJI Mavic Mini and all the recommended DJI application for designated DJI drones for compatibility and reliability purposes. Using this DJI application you will be able to access all the intelligent flight modes for different DJI drones. Thank you.

Thank you for your timely response, I am only looking at another app because, I cannot get the DJI Fly app to load, I have read many complaints. Will Dji go work?

MY phone
LG L423DL (SOLO),
OS
Android OS v8.1 (Oreo)
Chipset
Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
CPU
ARM Cortex-A53, 1800 MHz, Cores: 8, 64-byte cache lines
GPU
Adreno 506

Although it appears to exceed all the requirements, this particular model is not on any DJI list. The fly app will not load. Any segestions would be welcome

Wazu
2020-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At the moment there are no other apps for the Mavic Mini.  You need a 64bit device (with a 64bit OS) to use the app.
2020-1-22
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 02:17
At the moment there are no other apps for the Mavic Mini.  You need a 64bit device (with a 64bit OS) to use the app.

Thanks Dafly,
From what I read, my LG L423DL (SOLO),
OS
Android OS v8.1 (Oreo)
Chipset
Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
CPU
GPU
Adreno 506
should do the trick, am I mistaken?
Any help would be appreciated.

Wazu

2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wazu Posted at 1-22 02:34
Thanks Dafly,
From what I read, my LG L423DL (SOLO),
OS

Go to 'Settings' > 'System' and check 'Kernel version'. If the code inside contains 'x64′ string, your device has a 64-bit OS.
2020-1-22
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 05:34
Go to 'Settings' > 'System' and check 'Kernel version'. If the code inside contains 'x64′ string, your device has a 64-bit OS.

My  'Kernel version' says 3.18.71 (?), but my CPU
does that mean 64 bit os?
2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wazu Posted at 1-22 08:19
My  'Kernel version' says 3.18.71 (?), but my CPU
does that mean 64 bit os?

I think that means you do not have 64bit OS.
2020-1-23
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 01:11
I think that means you do not have 64bit OS.

Just bought samsung galaxy a10e
System chip:
Samsung Exynos 7884
Processor:
Octa-core, 1600 MHz, ARM Cortex-A73 and ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit, 14 nm
GPU:
Mali-G71 MP2
RAM:   
2GB
Internal storage:
32GB
Storage expansion:
microSDXC up to 512 GB
Android (9.0 Pie)

hope it works.
2020-1-23
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

wazu Posted at 1-23 10:44
System chip:
Samsung Exynos 7884

OK, so the a10e downloaded the dji fly app directly from play store, no compatibility warnings (good so far). However, app still fails to install?

Any help, I would be grateful.

Wazu
2020-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wazu Posted at 1-23 10:44
System chip:
Samsung Exynos 7884

Fingers crossed,  I assumed you checked the supported phones list first.
2020-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wazu Posted at 1-23 14:17
OK, so the a10e downloaded the dji fly app directly from play store, no compatibility warnings (good so far). However, app still fails to install?

Any help, I would be grateful.

Heres whats supported - I think someone said it needs 3gb of ram -

Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.
  Compatible with LG V20, VIVO X9, OPPO R11, Google Pixel, Nexus 6P, Huawei P9, Huawei MATE 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, MI 6, MI5.
2020-1-24
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

According to cultofdrone (if accurate)   cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/, under Samsung, a10e is the last tested compatible device listed
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

wazu Posted at 1-21 14:10
Thank you for your timely response, I am only looking at another app because, I cannot get the DJI Fly app to load, I have read many complaints. Will Dji go work?

MY phone

You are very much welcome Wazu and thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. I am sorry to say that the even the DJI Go or the DJI Go 4 application is not compatible with the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition rest assured the our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile for the DJI Fly application and for the DJI Mavic Mini in the near future. Thank you.
2020-1-25
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 08:28
You are very much welcome Wazu and thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. I am sorry to say that the even the DJI Go or the DJI Go 4 application is not compatible with the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition rest assured the our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile for the DJI Fly application and for the DJI Mavic Mini in the near future. Thank you.

OK ALL,
FINALLY got the samsung galaxy a10e to install the dji fly app
The phone has 2 gb ram (which is the minimum requirement), so I started looking for ways to maximize the ram and found this utube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgkxboFkhtQ
After, I tried installing the app again and it installed!
Had a few test flights and all appears normal so far. I hope this helps some one.
And thanks DAFlys for the helping hand.

Wazu
2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

wazu Posted at 1-26 20:22
OK ALL,
FINALLY got the samsung galaxy a10e to install the dji fly app
The phone has 2 gb ram (which is the minimum requirement), so I started looking for ways to maximize the ram and found this utube:

Thank you for sharing these information and for haring this link with us. These information will be a very big help for us DJI Mavic Mini. Again thank you for your support.
2020-1-27
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 13:15
Thank you for sharing these information and for haring this link with us. These information will be a very big help for us DJI Mavic Mini. Again thank you for your support.

We're all in it together (right), BTW, we just got my neighbors samsung galaxy a20 to install also. We had to go to the Developer Options screen and disable the Force 4x MSAA option.
Again, I hope this helps someone,

Wazu
2020-1-27
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

Now that we are airborne, my first drone shot (avatar).
Wazu
2020-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules