Seems the Mavic 2 Pro still has the edge -

2020-1-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I watched this, it’s very clear Evo 2 has some catching up and “8k” doesn’t look that great, I just see more hype here, Fur coat no Knickers ;+)....
2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-22 05:33
I watched this, it’s very clear Evo 2 has some catching up and “8k” doesn’t look that great, I just see more hype here, Fur coat no Knickers ;+)....

When he shows all three video samples next to each other Im with you, there M2P looked the best at least to my eye.
2020-1-22
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 05:36
When he shows all three video samples next to each other Im with you, there M2P looked the best at least to my eye.

Agree with that but also what would be expected with a 1.0 inch sensor. Also feel the Zoom is a little superior to the Evo II.
2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gelert Posted at 1-22 07:52
Agree with that but also what would be expected with a 1.0 inch sensor. Also feel the Zoom is a little superior to the Evo II.

I think its going top depend on which sensor they choose and there colour/sharpeness profile they select for it.  Until we can see it I wouldn't make a judgement,  But then with that sensor its much more expensive than M2P.
2020-1-22
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Seems the Mavic 2 Pro has the best detail looking at the clouds in the background.
2020-1-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree the MP2 does look better.
2020-1-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Evo looks more mean and bull-ish with this dragonfly face and "Boo!" expression, M2P appears intimidated, screaming "Ahhhh", while M2Zoom simply don't care in resignation ... She's lost counting pixels ...
2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-22 23:01
Evo looks more mean and bull-ish with this dragonfly face and "Boo!" expression, M2P appears intimidated, screaming "Ahhhh", while M2Zoom simply don't care in resignation ... She's lost counting pixels ...

Its not about the looks,  don't be so vein.
2020-1-23
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely. However, I don't think they'll be able to catch up and here is why:

The 8K version of the Evo2 uses a 1/2" sensor. That is even smaller than the 2/3" sensor on the M2 Zoom. Sure they upped the recording speed to 120Mb/s that is like a drop on a hot stone. At 8K-10bit 25fps then compression ratio has to significantly more than 4 times higher than the M2Z recording 4K at 25fps.

Now we all know that dynamic range and low-light noise are directly related to the pixel size on the sensor. The 1/2" sensor has more than four times the pixel density of the M2Z 2/3 sensor. That explains the "blah" quality of the Evo2 video when compared to the M2Z let alone the M2P.

The 1" sensor version will be better for sure, but I doubt it will be better than the M2P when both are recording at the same speed and resolution. Again, more pixel density (smaller pixels) but a slight advantage on the higher bitrate encoding.

I am disappointed in their camera design choices. It appears to be focused more on "marketing" than "quality".

I am really looking forward to the M3P with an improved 4K 1" sensor camera and improved image processor. Hopefully DJI too will push the recording bitrate up as far as possible especially if they offer 60fps or more at 4K. SD cards are quite limited.
2020-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

roamer105 Posted at 1-23 14:27
Absolutely. However, I don't think they'll be able to catch up and here is why:

The 8K version of the Evo2 uses a 1/2" sensor. That is even smaller than the 2/3" sensor on the M2 Zoom. Sure they upped the recording speed to 120Mb/s that is like a drop on a hot stone. At 8K-10bit 25fps then compression ratio has to significantly more than 4 times higher than the M2Z recording 4K at 25fps.

I’m sure their 1” will be great and the great thing about this is dji will have to step up again, good times ahead I think.
2020-1-23
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-23 14:34
I’m sure their 1” will be great and the great thing about this is dji will have to step up again, good times ahead I think.

I agree and I am looking forward to get an MP3. When it comes to imaging and especially video, I think DJI does have the edge and will continue to have since that is their main focus all along. Frankly that is what counts the most for me.
2020-1-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we get an update to do C4K60 with H.264 on the M2s like we can with the P4PV2.0?
2020-1-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I tend to agree!
2020-1-24
Use props
Hover-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2425 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 01:01
Its not about the looks,  don't be so vein.

Actually I picked up on the aesthetics from another point of view. Aerodynamics. It's an aircraft and things are sleek for a purpose. The Evo II has a real badonkadonk rear end. Baby's got back. Many shots are taken flying backwards , and any aircraft that is designed more aerodynamically must improve battery life and therefore flight time. It looks like a flying brick made by Black and Decker. Cheers and regards.
2020-1-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hover-Fly Posted at 1-24 08:36
Actually I picked up on the aesthetics from another point of view. Aerodynamics. It's an aircraft and things are sleek for a purpose. The Evo II has a real badonkadonk rear end. Baby's got back. Many shots are taken flying backwards , and any aircraft that is designed more aerodynamically must improve battery life and therefore flight time. It looks like a flying brick made by Black and Decker. Cheers and regards.

This made me laugh.
2020-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hover-Fly Posted at 1-24 08:36
Actually I picked up on the aesthetics from another point of view. Aerodynamics. It's an aircraft and things are sleek for a purpose. The Evo II has a real badonkadonk rear end. Baby's got back. Many shots are taken flying backwards , and any aircraft that is designed more aerodynamically must improve battery life and therefore flight time. It looks like a flying brick made by Black and Decker. Cheers and regards.

I wouldn't disagree with that in the slightest.
2020-1-25
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

take a look at this guys:

to me this explanation makes sense, since majority of videos i 've seen on web, are nowhere near 6 or 8, i would say even 4K. it's a basically 12mpix sensor, which upscales to x4 "resolution" by more refined bayern filter infront, that's it.
evo 2 pro uses same sensor as m2p (so, i guess hat this model video should be better), bit alse here fro sure same pixel binning wil be used as mavic 2 pro is using and we'll see, if lens on gimbal is any good (which probably is more important than just a pixel count). pure marketing nothing else. i would call it a bs, but let's not be so drastic..

oh, end onther thing: also i have seen on soma other video, where it was mentioned evo2 IR model wont be collecting any radiometric data (aka will not saving in radiometric data file), so forget this for some serious thermal inspections etc. could get handy for rescues, firefighter etc, but that's about it probably.

so, it good to be back on planet earth with things, since all this hyping is sometimes really over the top..
2020-1-25
Use props
SveinDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1273379 ft
Norway

Remember when 4k came out, but no one had monitors for watching this kind of size.. And now 8k, and still alot of people (including myself) do not have a 4k monitor even. So not worth it in my opinion!
2020-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

People haven't even made One video where it does 8k on Youtube.  It's always 4k so we don't really know.  It's as stupid as having a 4K60 video when the render is 4K30.

I think it's stupid people don't let us download the actual files.  I would if I had one.
2020-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-25 15:41
People haven't even made One video where it does 8k.  It's always 4k so we don't really know.  It's as stupid as having a 4K60 video when the render is 4K30.

I think 4K has been around for a long time now, yet the vast majority of both tv viewers and social and all media still watch in 1080p, I don’t think 4K really caught on and I don’t think it will .
2020-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SveinDJI Posted at 1-25 11:14
Remember when 4k came out, but no one had monitors for watching this kind of size.. And now 8k, and still alot of people (including myself) do not have a 4k monitor even. So not worth it in my opinion!

4K never caught the public imagination, most people don’t watch anything in 4K and I suspect they don’t care about it either .
2020-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-25 15:45
I think 4K has been around for a long time now, yet the vast majority of both tv viewers and social and all media still watch in 1080p, I don’t think 4K really caught on and I don’t think it will .

4K60 is way better than anything else.  8K60 is even better but that camera setup is like $80k.  World's first 8K drone is huge social media viral hype that gains instant marketing where they get performance equivalent to the DJI Mavic 2 for the same price they most would have never seen Autel on their list it if they had identical capability specs which, as we can see they look pretty much the same.  I know, Autel wasn't even on my list at all just as people didn't even know about the existence of the US government website library that got hacked by Iran.  All the things unknown to people that matter, I need to know about.  Like the purpose of the creators that created us with all kinds of human vulnerabilities with the main concern of the design, the pain sense, what the afterlife may look like and why, etc.  We know that we go about how we were taught and stick to what works but for those who are introduced into unfamiliar areas with skillsets they do not have to cope, they would do crazy stuff that normal people wouldn't think about such as driving the wrong in Las Vegas because they gambled all their money and more away.  I can go into more details but if no one cares it's dumb to.
2020-1-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happy to know the M2pro still has the leading edge.
2020-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 1-25 18:34
Happy to know the M2pro still has the leading edge.

So am I,  very pleased.
2020-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules