Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another JELLO PROBLEM!!!
2039 10 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brain
lvl.1

Hungary

Ok guys!

So is this normal or not?
I just want to hear that everybody has this type of "jello" or just some of us?
Its better If i set the shutter for lower, but that is not a solution

This video is cutted, i collected only the bad parts.

I checked the phantom in my hand and the gimbal is vibrating in some positions,  so in the air that can be a problem and cousing the jello effect.

and yes, i calibrated everything...

2015-6-12
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

That's jello alright. Check your prop balance and tightness. Too tight, jello. Too loose, jello. Unbalanced can also cause it.
Also, if the uv filter on the camera is removeable, try removing it. If it is already off, try putting it back on. Make sure your gimbal motion settings are stock. Too high of a gain can cause vibes. Not sure if the gimbal PIDs are adjustable but if they are, keep them stock. And if there is anything throwing off the balance, it will cause problems. Gimbal must be perfectly balanced at all 3 axis
2015-6-12
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Rsheehan79 Posted at 2015-6-13 00:05
That's jello alright. Check your prop balance and tightness. Too tight, jello. Too loose, jello. Unb ...

sorry but i never heard that at all. The props are self tightening, they cant be to loose. Otherwise the props would fall off. It has nothing to do with the tightness of the props. It also has nothing to do with the UV protection filter. The gimbal dont need to be balanced, it isnt even balanced from factory. I balanced my gimbals but it wont change anything in case of vibrations.

When the gimbal is vibration on the ground than the gimbal is the problem. I can only guess that DJI has one FW for all P3 gimbals they sell and that means always the same PID data. The problem is that every gimbal is different and you have to fine tune the PID data for every gimbal even when you have to identical gimbals they can behave differently. Maybe this is the reason why some gimbals are vibrating, they need to be fine tuned. But this is all specualtion from me since i know how tricky it is to fine tune a gimbal perfectly with the PID. The only thing clear here is that the gimbal needs calibration somehowand i think the repair center have the "machine" or tool for it
2015-6-12
Use props
Spankybear
Second Officer
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

What was your shutter speed? Is this your first flight?
2015-6-12
Use props
brain
lvl.1

Hungary

Rsheehan79 Posted at 2015-6-13 00:05
That's jello alright. Check your prop balance and tightness. Too tight, jello. Too loose, jello. Unb ...

Removable Uv filter? Ballance camera? PID settings?
We r on a phantom 3 forum.
Or am i missing something?

That would be a life saver if we have gimbal settings, like gain for all the axes.

Andrew
2015-6-12
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

Yeah... Doesn't matter if it is unbalanced from the factory. IF YOUR GIMBAL IS UNBALANCED IT WILL VIBRATE. I know this. The uv filter will cause imbalance if it was tuned at factory without it. Don't try making me out to be an idiot when this is what I do. Solve the problem yourself and don't ask questions if you don't want a real answer. Your props will only tighten to the torque that the max inertia wfrom the spinning will allow. If they are too loose they will tighten more or less than others. If they are too tight you'll get more vibration.
I don't care what gimbal it is. A $2500 zenmuse, $1500 G3, $900 ZYX or a blade cgo2, or one you make yourself. It has to be balanced. If it isn't perfectly balanced, the PIDS, whether accessible or not, set from the factory will cause vibes. Your gimbal is unbalaned.
But since you don't like a real answer, here is a quick fix for your jello... post stab and hope. Good luck.
2015-6-12
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

Do this... get your gimbal to the position where it vibrates. Lightly push it at different points and see if the vibes stop. The motors will oscillate when they have to constantly compensate. And probably a good thing the PIDs aren't accessible by the user. Lol. I doubt most people even know what they are.
2015-6-12
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

brain Posted at 2015-6-13 05:37
Removable Uv filter? Ballance camera? PID settings?
We r on a phantom 3 forum.
Or am i missing som ...

Yeah... the uv filter is replaceable. It's an accessory and DJI even sells spares
2015-6-12
Use props
brain
lvl.1

Hungary

Rsheehan79 Posted at 2015-6-13 06:40
Yeah... Doesn't matter if it is unbalanced from the factory. IF YOUR GIMBAL IS UNBALANCED IT WILL VI ...

Okay, sorry, maybe you missunderstand me!
I dont wanted you to be an idiot, but i cannot balance the gimbal or set pid settings or set gain settings.
I know on a normal gimbal, you can do this, but on this you cant.
That s why i asked what should be the problem.
Also, maybe my english not so perfect, and not expressing myself the way i like.

So anyway, thanks for your answer, but i still want to know, is this normal? How much of us havingbthis problem???
2015-6-12
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

brain Posted at 2015-6-13 13:50
Okay, sorry, maybe you missunderstand me!
I dont wanted you to be an idiot, but i cannot balance t ...

I apologize for taking offense, actually.
The only thing that I can think that would cause the vibration is imbalance which DJI would have to fix for you. I can't see these dampers causing jello. they would have to be too hard and they are super soft. I wish I could look at it for you because even a small piece of tape could fix the vibe problem.
You want to keep your shutter speed twice what your FPS is set to or close to it. It could be roll but does look like a jello problem caused by high frequency vibes.
2015-6-13
Use props
mtnmaddman
Second Officer
United States

check this link http://forum.dji.com/thread-19801-1-1.html
2015-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules