Digital sharpness...advice
569 3 2020-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricardopt
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi everyone! Greetings from Portugal.

First time here,first time with a DJI product, i´ve been using the OP for a week and i find the video to sharp, im using the 'fine' option, how are you guys dealing with this situation, are you adding a gaussian blur filter on your footage? Can someone share some tips on how to atenuate this 'digital over sharpenning'? side by side comparison between 1080p and 4k video shows less sharpning on 1080p but the quality is worse.

Any chance DJi adding through firmware some more sharpness options?

Thanks for any help/tips

2020-1-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The superfine setting is a noise reduction effect and does soften the image somewhat but what's the point of having a soft image? Other than that any decent video editor would have the tools to soften footage if that is required. Shooting at 1080p and converting up to 4K may also yield some softening of the image but it won't be pretty.
2020-1-22
Use props
ricardopt
lvl.1
Portugal

The superfine setting is a noise reduction effect and does soften the image somewhat
Still has that digital oversharpened look/feel

but what's the point of having a soft image?
When i said soft i meant less digital, more organic, not everyone has english as first language, apologies if i didnt explain correctly.

Other than that any decent video editor would have the tools to soften footage if that is required.
thats what brought me here, advice/discussion on these subject.

Shooting at 1080p and converting up to 4K may also yield some softening of the image but it won't be pretty.

1080p to 4k? exactly not pretty, i would rather downscale using a soft resizer from 4k to 1080p.

Anyone else managed to 'soften' the image a bit, more organic 'look'?
Thanks for any advice
2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members here about the best video editor that they can refer. Again, welcome to the DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules