One forward red flight LED shut off in flight for a few seconds.
867 7 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Took my PH2V+ v.3 out for an evening ride last night around 10PM and had something really weird happen... after pre-flight was done and Drone lifted off, I proceeded to perform post-lift off control checks and suddenly the left hand red forward LED shut off, the right stayed on.  I continued to verify flight control for a few more seconds and decided to land to repower and check the LED when suddenly it just turned back on before I touched down.  I resumed flight without landing and flew for about 15 minutes with no further issues on the light.

Any idea if this was some kind of status indicator or other kind of error?  I'm paranoid because I suffered a crash a couple of weeks ago that resulted in a damaged gimbal.  This is the 4th flight since I replaced the gimbal and there were no LED issues with the first 3.

Thanks!
Dan
2015-6-12
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The LED is part of the ESC, and so I would check it very carefully before flying again, especially after a previous crash.
2015-6-12
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-6-13 01:01
The LED is part of the ESC, and so I would check it very carefully before flying again, especially a ...

So should I pop the lid and inspect the ESC for any signs of damage, loose wires etc?  I did notice something that may not be coincidence... the propeller on that side does turn fine and sounds totally normal, but when I power off, that motor stops spinning faster than the other 3.  Could the LED turning off indicate a motor problem and I should change that one out along with the ESC?  I could post a video of it to get a better opinion.

Dan
2015-6-12
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Sorry and just to confirm, this is the ESC I need right?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... amp;pf_rd_i=desktop

And I believe the motor is this guy but will have to doublecheck:

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phanto ... 3FGNDRDBX767N1XHDYE

I may just order a pair of each to keep as spares, just in case.  Just want to make sure I get the right ESC.

Dan
2015-6-12
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Yes that ESC is correct, normally its all you need as the motors either work or not.
It is worth spinning the motor by hand and comparing it with the other 3, if it feels stiff then for safety sake I would replace it as well.

Either way only 1 of each is needed.

Good luck.
2015-6-12
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-6-13 01:39
Yes that ESC is correct, normally its all you need as the motors either work or not.
It is worth spi ...

The motor is definitely not stiff when you spin by hand and feels like all the others.  It just seems to slow down and stop faster than the other 3 when you land and power down by holding down the left stick.

I'll grab a set and swap out the ESC and try with the old motor and see if that works.  Do you think I should ground the bird until I swap?  I'm so paranoid with this thing...

Dan
2015-6-12
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Faken Posted at 2015-6-13 01:51
The motor is definitely not stiff when you spin by hand and feels like all the others.  It just se ...

Dan,

I think John is right and yes, I would ground her until you get it done. One ESC/motor goes down and your bird is going down as well.

Jerry
2015-6-12
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-13 03:02
Dan,

I think John is right and yes, I would ground her until you get it done. One ESC/motor goes  ...

Fair enough then guys, thanks for your advice!  I'll be ordering my parts tonight and get them installed in time for my trip to Ottawa in a couple of weeks
2015-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules