o(^-^)o
CYRBAE31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 640604 ft
France

Hi
Hope to have a clear answer to this question I am raising for the 3rd time

I have 2 SD Cards : one on the Smartcontroller one on the Mavic 2

Is there a selector / a switch / a configuration method to decide onto which one of the SD CARDS my media will be recorded ?

I have made a first flight : all the media (pics & videos) where on the SD CARD on the Smartcontroller Nothing on the SD CARD that was on board the Mavic 2

Can some one to give me a clear answer / process ?

Thanks
2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The smart controller only records a low quality version of the footage and all include any glitches caused by signal etc, the card in the Mavic will have the full res video/images.
2020-1-23
Use props
CYRBAE31
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 01:26
The smart controller only records a low quality version of the footage and all include any glitches caused by signal etc, the card in the Mavic will have the full res video/images.

Ok thanks
But again is there a selector to decide to record in one SD CARD instead of another one ?
If there is a SD CARD only on the MAVIC and not on the Smartcontroller will it automatically rrecorrd on the MAVIC and vice versa ?
And again what happen when the 2 gears are mounted with an SD CARD ?
Is that possible to decide which one will record ?
2020-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CYRBAE31 Posted at 1-23 02:35
Ok thanks
But again is there a selector to decide to record in one SD CARD instead of another one ?
If there is a SD CARD only on the MAVIC and not on the Smartcontroller will it automatically rrecorrd on the MAVIC and vice versa ?

Its recording different things so you can switch between them.  
2020-1-23
Use props
CYRBAE31
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 03:03
Its recording different things so you can switch between them.

Ok thanks
But how / where is the function to select / configure all this ? This is my question since the very beginning
Regards
2020-1-23
Use props
neilfisher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385243 ft
Canada

CYRBAE31 Posted at 1-23 03:18
Ok thanks
But how / where is the function to select / configure all this ? This is my question since the very beginning
Regards

You're missing the point.

The MicroSD card on baord your Maic 2 Pro is the only card used to capture the full resolution, high bit rate video files.

The SD card in the Smart Controller only ever captures low resolution, low bit rate reference video files.

These two cards have such drastically different usages - there is no scenario where anyone should want to only record the low resolution, low bit rate reference video from the controller, and because of that there is NO means of switching which device and card is capturing video.

If you want lower quality video, simply change the recording format of the Mavic 2 Pro.
2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the confusion. The SD card of the DJI Smart Controller only saves cache files or files that have a much lower resolution. On the other hand, the files that was saved on the SD card are the original files that have the full resolution. In addition to this, we don't have any capabilities to configure this storage location, either you wish to change and save the original files (files that was save on SD card) on your Smart Controller SD card or vice versa. You can only disable the cache file that was saved on the DJI Go 4 app, you may refer to the image below. Also, If the SD card on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro won't save any files even you have the cached files save on your SRC SD card, try to use a different SD card on your drone to see if the problem persists. Hope this will clarify your query to us. Thank you for your support!

2020-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CYRBAE31 Posted at 1-23 03:18
Ok thanks
Regards

If you don't want to record onto the drone SD card don't press the record button,  if you don't want a cache of the video/photo turn off cache on the smart controller.  
2020-1-24
Use props
GPJeff
New

United States

I know this is an old thread. I think I know what he is talking about.

I have the DJI Mavic 2 zoom.

If I remove the sd card from the drone and insert it in to the computer, the recorded video and photo files do not show up in the windows menu from the sd card. There is a limited menu available, but the computer does recognize the sd card. When I connect the drone with USB C connection to the computer, the video and photos show up.
2020-12-6
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Hi, I do not know if this helps, as I have the Go 4  remote controller. But in camera view in press the item to the right and below the record button. Its the one with 3 lines and round rings on each line. On the next screen that comes up I select the cog wheel at the top on the right hand side and the scroll down until I see select the SD card or internal storage. Here you can select where you want to record the full quality. If you select the SD card you get the one in the drone and if you select internal I get low resolution on my phone. The drone also have an internal storage, but it is not so large. I guess that you get it on the SD card in your remote controller and nothing on the SD card in the drone.
2020-12-7
Use props
Craig C
lvl.1

United States

Is there a way to designate which folder on the SD card in the drone where the photos and videos will be stored?
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_1PzTKBiuWL4f
New
United Kingdom

Craig C Posted at 2021-10-6 02:24
Is there a way to designate which folder on the SD card in the drone where the photos and videos will be stored?

I dont think the origional question has still been answered .

If u have an sd card in the drone and controller will the controller and drone record at the same time .
2022-7-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_1PzTKBiuWL4f Posted at 7-6 23:53
I dont think the origional question has still been answered .

If u have an sd card in the drone and controller will the controller and drone record at the same time .

The SD card in the drone is the only one that records the original images.
The controller signal does not have enough bandwidth to handle control, liveview and transferring full-size files too.
The low-res cached files that can be sent to the controller aren't really much use for anything.
2022-7-7
Use props
djiuser_nk7GQjOkE9FE
New

United States

my lord, no one is answering the question.

he says he's trying to record with the sd card on the drone, NOT THE ONE ON THE CONTROLLER, but that the one on the drone IS NOT RECORDING. he's trying to find out how to make the one on the drone record.
2023-9-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_nk7GQjOkE9FE Posted at 9-17 13:19
my lord, no one is answering the question.

he says he's trying to record with the sd card on the drone, NOT THE ONE ON THE CONTROLLER, but that the one on the drone IS NOT RECORDING. he's trying to find out how to make the one on the drone record.

You do know this thread is well over a year old? ANd yes, his question was answered.
2023-9-17
Use props
Tri2Fly
New

Netherlands

I was googling because i had the same question, i use the standard remote with a phone with DJI GO 4 on it, and i found the location where you can select between internal storage and the SD card in the drone. It is in the settings of the camera (the three sliders under the record button). I hope this helps anyone still searching for this answer
1-19 04:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules