mid flight compass errors
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Racerman17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1690984 ft
United States

Hi I have a phantom3 professional an the other day I had a compass error mid air about 4000 ft out an was wandering what would cause that
2020-1-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The first place to look is where you took off from. The most common source of compass problems while in the air were caused by taking off from a spot that had iron or steel in it. Favourites are concrete roads, concrete building roofs, hoods of cars.  The metal is usually too close to the compass in the aircraft. Did you know the compass on a P3 is in the bulge on the foot of the landing gear?

Best to take off from grass or some place with no metal in it.
2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has cause. With regards to this concern. As Geebax advised at post 2 the issue might be caused by the interference in the environment. I would recommend to please try flying to different location after calibrating the compass to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-23
Use props
Racerman17
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the advice but I was taking off from grass in my backyard nothing steel around the compass I made sure of that an yes it’s on the leg I knew that
2020-1-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Racerman17 Posted at 1-23 09:59
Thanks for the advice but I was taking off from grass in my backyard nothing steel around the compass I made sure of that an yes it’s on the leg I knew that

Your compass could have been slightly out of whack before you launched.  You might consider giving it a calibration.  
2020-1-23
Use props
Racerman17
lvl.3
United States

I have tried that I can get it calibrated but sometimes  everything is fine an sometimes not I done a Imu calibration an seemed to help too an also I had a new compass put in it
2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules