DJI warranty lens replacement
1490 3 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As I never heard from DJI , I had to contact when the hours of Operation are 10AM Est for me.   40 minutes. after sending a photo, explaining, and the Agent offers a few options.

Send the camera in or buy a lens.

I asked a very simple question  why can not a lens just be sent, he had to speak to Higher support.  The response was since it did not happen  from the factory new,  it's not covered.

The DJI Osmo Action camera is it shockproof a uestion I asked during the conversation,  not the lens protector or glass.  one of the main  FAQ are

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)]Is it easy for the Osmo Action lens to become damaged?

Osmo Action is equipped with durable lens filter cap that effectively protects the camera lens. It is made of abrasion and dust-resistant glass with an anti-fingerprint and anti-oil/water coating that protects against liquids. This lens filter cap also effectively reduces lens glare, allowing you to shoot in bright conditions.

So that said the lens that is used ins not shockproof at all and needs a better design, and  even the DJI Osmo Action they did not answer on at all?  

I am not upset at all things happen and due to a poor design  exposing a lens  where more a lip could have been on the leading edge would have stoppe the break?  My  next lens protector will have a  adhesive or rubber   ring that will prevent the next break, when this one fails.  

prevent damage get a tempered glass, and aring on the lens and rest is history.....  warranty on lens according to DJI  is not valid only the camera is under their warranty. nothing more.  that is Life Mikey

2020-1-23
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

They do sell just the filter or whatever it is.  It is glass.  It can break.

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-action-lens-filter-cap

Whereas for their drones, they don't even sell the equivalent glass filter (front piece).  A company concerned about Good Will would either offer it for sale or even for free.
2020-1-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If I knew better i get a lens cap and round the inner diameter .
2020-1-23
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

I just noticed a few dead pixel on my camera you can see it on the left part of the image looking like a satellite as the stars move with the time lapse.

2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules