Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Return-to-Home (RTH)
1238 13 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Griz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7211 ft
United States

Hi folks.  I've had the Mavic Mini only a week, with just a few flights under my belt.  I tried a couple times now to utilize the RTH function of the Mini.  But Rather than returning to take-off point to land, the Mini wants to go straight down to land.  I thought the RTH position was "automatically" set before initial take-off.  Do I need to manually set the RTH position even before initial take-off?  Or, do I have an issue with my drone/controller or even my Android phone?  Any insight highly appreciated.  
Thank you,

Mike
2020-1-23
Use props
Francoisd
Captain
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

Hi,

Perhaps are you less than 20m from the home point. In this area, the mini lands immediately instead of going back to the home point
2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. If the drone is less than 20 m away from the Home Point then the RTH was triggered the drone will land immediately. Please refer to the image I will be posting for more details about the RTH processes. Thank you.

2020-1-23
Use props
djiuser_EphaIhPkpzUX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fly it a hundred metres away and try again
2020-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There are several different Rth modes, please check your manual and best to become familiar with all of them.
The one your experiencing is Rth within 20m your craft will always land .
2020-1-23
Use props
The Griz
lvl.1
United States

Wow...thanks for all the prompt responses.  I thought I was outside the 20 meter radius.  But frankly now I am not sure.  I will certainly implement your replies and try again.  Again thank you!!!!
2020-1-23
Use props
TDZHDTV
First Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Did you read the manual?
2020-1-23
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-23 11:02
Did you read the manual?

He may have just forgotten some of what he read, but the forums are for help and he asked and got very good replies
2020-1-23
Use props
Niknik
Captain
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 09:54
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. If the drone is less than 20 m away from the Home Point then the RTH was triggered the drone will land immediately. Please refer to the image I will be posting for more details about the RTH processes. Thank you.

[view_image]

Why is that? If it is three meters or five why cant it reach the home point and land? I think technically can be done
2020-1-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-23 11:02
Did you read the manual?

Obviously not If I had a nickle for every “why is rth just landing” topic... )

P.S. Just kidding, nobody take it personally
2020-1-23
Use props
The Griz
lvl.1
United States

The 20 meter radius criteria was in fact the issue!!!  I took it out to about 150 to 200 feet.  Hit the RTH button and back it came.  Did it three times and worked each time.  However, I did notice that it landed about 5-6 feet from the takeoff point.

I have had several questions answered here, and this forum has good people!!!  This forum is an exceptional source of info, answering questions, and resolving a problem.

For the individuals suggesting I did not read the manual.  Yes...I did read the manual, and watched dozens of instructional videos as well.  I don't know about you, but not everything I try to learn sticks!  The 20 meter criteria obviously did not stick.  Experience is my best teacher.  Guaranteed I won't forget the 20 meter criteria again.  But thanks for your suggestion if in fact I did not read the manual.
2020-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Griz Posted at 1-23 12:57
The 20 meter radius criteria was in fact the issue!!!  I took it out to about 150 to 200 feet.  Hit the RTH button and back it came.  Did it three times and worked each time.  However, I did notice that it landed about 5-6 feet from the takeoff point.

I have had several questions answered here, and this forum has good people!!!  This forum is an exceptional source of info, answering questions, and resolving a problem.

Your manual will become your reference, keep asking the questions, it won’t be long before your giving the answers.
Good luck .
2020-1-23
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.3
United States

Another thing to note is if you have your RTH at 150 ft, but you are flying at 200 ft and push RTH it will not lower to 150 ft and return but will stay at 200 ft and return to home. If you are at 100 ft and RTH is 150 ft it will raise to 150 ft and return.

After having my MM for over a month I have only had to use RTH once when I lost orientation. Once it turned toward home I regained control and returned on my own.
2020-1-23
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 1-23 11:14
Why is that? If it is three meters or five why cant it reach the home point and land? I think technically can be done
Because it doesn't & never has.  We just covered this in another thread.  Within 20 meters of Home it immediately lands.  Beyond 20 meters it does the full RTH process (climb to set RTH altitude, RTH, land).  This is described fully in the manual.

If the bird is within 20 meters, you can see it. hear it, & manually fly it to the Home point.  If you want the drone to perform the full RTH procedure, fly to 21 meters or more distance.
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules