Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Download New Software problem
2051 12 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If I download the new software via Assistant 2, it beeps and stops at 16% and Power off the SC ????
2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Was there any error code on the DJI Assistant 2 when the DJI Smart Controller failed to update and shutdown? Did the said remote controller experienced any failed update before connecting it to the DJI Assistant 2. Did you download the DJI Assistant 2 from this link . Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-23
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

One thing you can do is go to Main Settings and change the screen/display timeout value up to 30 minutes.  This can prevent the SC from turning off too soon.  Also you can keep taping the screen.  It does tend to stall at 16% and then again at around 98%.

Good lluck.
2020-1-23
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

your SC just went to sleep. Keep it awake by changing the screen time out or tap from time on the screen of the SC.
2020-1-23
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1051375 ft
Croatia

when it starts to beep press the power button once, you have about 5 seconds from the first sound to wake it up from sleep
2020-1-24
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 1-23 17:09
One thing you can do is go to Main Settings and change the screen/display timeout value up to 30 minutes.  This can prevent the SC from turning off too soon.  Also you can keep taping the screen.  It does tend to stall at 16% and then again at around 98%.

Good lluck.

One would think that when DJI Assistant 2 is updating the firmware/software in the SmartController that it would override any screen display timeout and should certainly disable any chance of powering off?

I mean something we are always warned against is not interrupting the power or shutting anything off mid-update on any device irrespective of what it is to prevent corruption.

And yet here we are with DJI hardware being flashed by DJI software allowing the device to power off mid-update.

Why on earth let this happen in the first place FFS?

-=Glyn=-
2020-1-24
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

GlynH Posted at 1-24 16:03
One would think that when DJI Assistant 2 is updating the firmware/software in the SmartController that it would override any screen display timeout and should certainly disable any chance of powering off?

I mean something we are always warned against is not interrupting the power or shutting anything off mid-update on any device irrespective of what it is to prevent corruption.
It actually falls asleep in the transfer stage. Once it starts replacing the firmware, it stays awake. So, no harm done. But still you have to start all over again.
2020-1-25
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 1-25 00:47
It actually falls asleep in the transfer stage. Once it starts replacing the firmware, it stays awake. So, no harm done. But still you have to start all over again.

Maybe...but it took 5 attempts for me to update my SC following DJI’s instructions to the letter because of the 16% and other issues!

Annoyingly despite downloading the update after every failure it commenced with downloading it again. And again. Each & every time.

Firmware upgrades of all things should have safeguards built-in to prevent disconnection IMHO.

Not only that but the SC must know it is connected to DJI Assistant 2, cabled to a USB port and is in fact receiving power - albeit a limited charge - and having data transferred to it so one would think it would do all it can to stay connected and not time out?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2020-1-26
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've been in IT over 30 years and updated hundreds upon hundreds of devices of all types and never experienced nor read about so many instances of failed updates as I have with DJI products.

My first drone was a Phantom 3 Pro given to me by a friend and I was advised to update it as soon as it was turned on.

Ended up bricking the controller before I even spun the props on the aircraft and had to buy a second hand one off eBay.

Quite the welcome to the world of DJI!
2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thank you for all the advice, reinstalled Assistant 2, and the problem is resolved.
2020-1-26
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Bryan Posted at 1-26 11:29
Thank you for all the advice, reinstalled Assistant 2, and the problem is resolved.

Nothing has worked for me so far.  Reinstall; uninstall; reboot different computers; DJI cables; different cables.  Assistant 2 will not connect to my smart controller through my PC
2020-1-31
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GlynH Posted at 1-26 08:06
I've been in IT over 30 years and updated hundreds upon hundreds of devices of all types and never experienced nor read about so many instances of failed updates as I have with DJI products.

My first drone was a Phantom 3 Pro given to me by a friend and I was advised to update it as soon as it was turned on.

yes mate I can only agree, worst company ever in regards to product updates and I have had around 10 DJI drones so far. If you want a day troubleshooting just do a firmware update on any DJI drone
2020-1-31
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So thought I quickly update my Smart Controller Firmware before a big trip next week.

I first update trough the Smart Controller itself, seems logical if it askes me if I like to update. As most I read the first few lines and click update. Only after the update is in progress, I scroll all the way down and see that the update can only be done via DJI Assitant 2. Hm why can I initiate an update if that is not supposed to happen? Why is the note that it needs to be done via Assistant ONLY on bottom of scroll screen after everything else?

I let the SC update finish, and it tells me it is successful (it's not) now my Mavic Pro constantly disconnects from SC and can't be used.

Ok now I connect Smart Controller to my Mac Pro and run DJI Smart Assitant 2 v2.0.8 which runs Catalina It recognises the SC but can't find any Firmware.

I try the same on my Mac Book Pro, which also runs Catalina same result.

Reading through more DJI forum posts, it seems DJI can't be bothered supporting recent OS and DJI Assist 2 only works with older versions of Mac OS or Windows. Good luck if you only have one computer.

Looking further on the DJI website  I also see there is a newer version DJI Assist 2 out 2.0.10. DJI Assistant it's probably the only software I have on my Mac who does not have a software update check and let you know of updates.

Ok, fortunately, I a have a few macs in my place, and an old Kid's I Mac still runs High Sierra so downloading DJI A2 2.0.10 and installing it. Now I can see the Firmware updates for the Smart Controller. Yeaaaa

I apply the first update, that fails midpoint as you actually need to sit next to Smart Controller and tap the power button once in a while as SC otherwise shuts itself off and interrupts the Firmware update process.

Obviously, that is not mentioned and absolutely counter-intuitive anywhere that's a smart way doing it DJI....

Finally, everything seems to work again, took only 4 hours and access to an outdated computer to get a simple Firmware update to work.

Just glad I was home and did not attempt the update via mobile data and no old operating system Mac at hand I would have wrecked 10 days of shooting on Fraser Island.

2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules