Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic mini RAW?
20938 34 2020-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chewbacca
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Am I right in understanding that the mavic mini only shoots in JPEG no raw?
2020-1-24
Use props
Francoisd
Captain
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

Hi,

Yes, you're right, no RAW file on the MM, juste JPEG
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Yes, the DJI Mavic Mini doesn't have the capabilities to shot a Raw file, only Jpeg. Thank you for your valued support!
2020-1-24
Use props
Chewbacca
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Man, what a shame, that’s an awesome feature missing
2020-1-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
First Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Missing all the Spark features also!
2020-1-24
Use props
Donsir_LTU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

Missing my money
2020-1-24
Use props
Chewbacca
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Odd thing to do leaving out RAW photo, basically rules out anyone who actually wants to take photos.

Wonder if it can be added in a future firmware update?

I was litterally just about to buy this drone too, glad I double checked the specs first !
2020-1-24
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Chewbacca Posted at 1-24 13:18
Odd thing to do leaving out RAW photo, basically rules out anyone who actually wants to take photos.

Wonder if it can be added in a future firmware update?

Many of us are counting on at least all spark features since spark will be discontinued.
I agree RAW is basic, nothing fancy and needed for any serious photography.
Only upcoming upgrades will tell.
2020-1-26
Use props
Corsairoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779049 ft
United Kingdom

RAW not included is probably a conscious marketing decision, not a technical decision.
The sensor/camera effectively provides RAW images, which are then converted to jpg in the Mini electronics.
So, I believe that RAW is actually easier than jpg, technically.
2020-1-26
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51598 ft
Austria

I hope they add this. I don't even think it's a "pro feature". As an amateur, I appreciate having the possibility to safe my photos in Lightroom after the fact. When shooting in jpg, you basically have to nail it on the spot and if your photo is over- or underexposed, the damage is done.
2020-1-26
Use props
RampL Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I prefer my video medium rare...
2020-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Corsairoz Posted at 1-26 03:26
RAW not included is probably a conscious marketing decision, not a technical decision.
The sensor/camera effectively provides RAW images, which are then converted to jpg in the Mini electronics.
So, I believe that RAW is actually easier than jpg, technically.

You are correct and it probably shows this was a conscious decision and not likely to change, I have noticed that you can get a little more out of jpegs on this camera than others might think .
2020-1-26
Use props
TDZHDTV
First Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-26 03:18
Many of us are counting on at least all spark features since spark will be discontinued.
I agree RAW is basic, nothing fancy and needed for any serious photography.
Only upcoming upgrades will tell.

Total agree, the Spark was not a Mavic Air killer, the Spark has been replaced by the Mini, it’s not unreasonable to ask for the Spark features back.  I tired of seeing comments from users saying ‘it’s only a $500 drone’,   this continues to send the wrong message to DJI and we’ll never see any improvements.
2020-1-26
Use props
SUNNY 2461
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275197 ft
Bangladesh

It can shoot only jpeg. I hope DJi will open raw for it. Anyway, exposer brackating and then HDR marge in Lightroom gives decent result.
2020-1-26
Use props
virtual
Captain
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

"it probably shows this was a conscious decision and not likely to change"

But it is better keep customers satisfied then keep them constantly checking the competion for their favourite features... I still hope that they will add Spark features.
2020-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

virtual Posted at 1-26 04:54
"it probably shows this was a conscious decision and not likely to change"

But it is better keep customers satisfied then keep them constantly checking the competion for their favourite features... I still hope that they will add Spark features.

Well we know they can’t add some of spark features, and only real competition is their own Mavic air but it costs a lot more.
2020-1-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-26 04:20
Total agree, the Spark was not a Mavic Air killer, the Spark has been replaced by the Mini, it’s not unreasonable to ask for the Spark features back.  I tired of seeing comments from users saying ‘it’s only a $500 drone’,   this continues to send the wrong message to DJI and we’ll never see any improvements.

Other than OA related stuff, all Spark functionallity should be added.
Is not a lot we are asking:
Raw Photo
AEB would be nice  (but doable manually)
Panoramic mode would be nice (but doable manually)
Flat video profile
Manual settings for video
2020-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-26 05:40
Other than OA related stuff, all Spark functionallity should be added.
Is not a lot we are asking:
Raw Photo

No Raw on Spark . And 1080p only .
2020-1-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 05:45
No Raw on Spark . And 1080p only .

Ok, so Spark features + RAW lol
Just kidding, trying to keep the "please add more features vibe" alive
2020-1-26
Use props
virtual
Captain
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 05:05
Well we know they can’t add some of spark features, and only real competition is their own Mavic air but it costs a lot more.

I own Mini and I'm not unhappy at all, but customer's support will decide if I (like many others) stay with DJI (consider Osmo line, Mini 2...) or I loose interest. I'm pretty sure that I (like many others again) won't be "upgradeing" to heavier and bigger Air (not because of price but because of size, weight, noise ect.). So there's no win in banning those features by sales manager IMPOV.
2020-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-26 05:57
Ok, so Spark features + RAW lol
Just kidding, trying to keep the "please add more features vibe" alive

Look I don’t know what features they add, I only wish for one more manual controls, the mini has a great look on its video, colours are exceptional for this small camera, for me I would say better than Mavic Pro spark and just as good as Mavic Air, and I own all of these, but just a slight change and we could control it for different light, after that you all can fight over what it is you want ;+)...
2020-1-26
Use props
Wei Huang1
New

United States

Please add RAW support DJI, if my crappy phone and cheap mirrorless can do it, no reason to leave it out. Not like 12mp raw would even be that big of a file size anyways.
2020-1-31
Use props
Domenico.
New

Australia

+1 vote for RAW support.

Never have bought a drone, considering the Mavic Mini because it is has an amazing form factor I can easily put in a camera bag with my DSLR to take photos I cannot generally reach for landscapes. I work with RAW so I can do my own development, but JPEG only is a dealbreaker for me as I like to adjust colours and exposure. Even my old smartphone can take RAW with a third party app... although it can't fly :^(

I'm a bit perplexed that software is used to seperate low and high tier drones instead of hardware only (e.g. sensor size, lens type). If I really wanted a better sensor, lens and RAW support sure I'd pay more.. but if I'm happy with the sensor and form factor and want to take RAW and it's disabled no one wins. Will wait and reconsider purchase if firmware allows saving RAW images.
2020-6-16
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.4
Ukraine

+1
JPEG is a boring thing.
RAW\DNG is a great amazing!
2020-6-17
Use props
TerziBG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141857 ft
Bulgaria

+1 vote for RAW support.
2020-6-17
Use props
First Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If it's possible it would be great. I don't think it has the processing power. The Spark didn't have RAW either.
2020-6-17
Use props
First Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 07:02
Look I don’t know what features they add, I only wish for one more manual controls, the mini has a great look on its video, colours are exceptional for this small camera, for me I would say better than Mavic Pro spark and just as good as Mavic Air, and I own all of these, but just a slight change and we could control it for different light, after that you all can fight over what it is you want ;+)...

Yeah i was surprised at the quality of image the Mini produces compared to larger, older model DJI drones. The Air does have the same sensor size so it's no real surprise I suppose. It makes it difficult for me to upgrade though. The new MA2 is a little too pricey for me, but the only real other option under that is the Air. But once I started watching some videos comparing the two images and videos I thought it wasn't much of an upgrade after all...
2020-6-17
Use props
Rob25
lvl.1

Spain

+1 Raw feature PLEASE!

Will we ever get this????

2020-11-7
Use props
VanzPix
Captain
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Rob25 Posted at 11-7 06:27
+1 Raw feature PLEASE!

The wobbly strategy of DJI is to forget their old customers in favor of the new, from now on you will have to buy the dji mini2 to have the raw or any other features . While it's so simple to add it.
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

This is starting to be same as the "GroundHog Day" movie....
2020-11-7
Use props
Grumbleduke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1824862 ft
United States

Having only purchased the mini a couple of months ago, the Mini-2 completely blindsided me.  While RAW was not one of my primary purchasing criteria, I would absolutely have spent the extra $50 if I'd only known.  I am loving the mini but more than a little disappointed to find myself in this situation - especially as I am just starting to realize how great the Mini is for sunrise/sunset and panorama photography, which really needs RAW pics for best results.  

Is it reasonable to assume that, now the Mini-2 is on the market, there are unlikely to ever be any more features added to the mini?
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_YgXGX8G4gLyr
New
United States

ChRoM Posted at 2020-1-26 03:35
I hope they add this. I don't even think it's a "pro feature". As an amateur, I appreciate having the possibility to safe my photos in Lightroom after the fact. When shooting in jpg, you basically have to nail it on the spot and if your photo is over- or underexposed, the damage is done.

Yep totally right.  RAW is zero compression so there's no way it's technically impossible.  Gotta be a way to enable RAW pics with a firmware update....
2021-1-3
Use props
unpluggeduk

United Kingdom

If the mini can handle writing 2k video at a constant rate it can handle writing DNGs at the 0.3fps rate of the camera. The fact that RAW support (and to a degree) things like Panoroma require at most a minor firmware update to add instructions (with panoramas 99% of it already existing in the fly app) and would add much value into the Mini for photographers.

Unfortunately by releasing the Mini 2 good old (and extreme in the case of the mini) planned obsolescence has kicked in and I suspect DJI have essentially discontinued the Mini even if their store doesen't acknowledge it. Aside from fixing any major problems that will arise until they officially discontinue it I expect scope for additional "tweaks" is now all but dead.

2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_dgrJu49sPrek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186959 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

OK, let's start some petition...We need raw/dng update for Mavic Mini
And panorama option of course
Panorama option exists within Litchi app for Mavic Mini...
2021-12-4
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Grumbleduke Posted at 2020-12-6 15:05
Having only purchased the mini a couple of months ago, the Mini-2 completely blindsided me.  While RAW was not one of my primary purchasing criteria, I would absolutely have spent the extra $50 if I'd only known.  I am loving the mini but more than a little disappointed to find myself in this situation - especially as I am just starting to realize how great the Mini is for sunrise/sunset and panorama photography, which really needs RAW pics for best results.  

Is it reasonable to assume that, now the Mini-2 is on the market, there are unlikely to ever be any more features added to the mini?

DJI is trying to sell off parts used to make Mavic Mini in the form of Mini SE. They have very little financial reason to add more values to the drone considering they do not wish second hand market to hurt the sale of Mini 2 or even Mini 3. Pumping out new drones is always more profitable for them and they will do just that because they are a business after all. When did DJI say they are passionate about the best user experience?
2021-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules