Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP: suddenly my Huawei Mediapad M5 won't work
1493 13 2020-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa
lvl.1

Norway

I had my Phantom 4 pro v2 sitting unused for a month or two, and when I was going to use it again, the DJI Go 4 will not connect to my RC. I have uninstalled/installed Go 4 three times, restarted the M5 several times, with no positive result.
I was able to update firmware using my phone, and connecting just fine, but when I connected to the M5 again - disconnected.
How can I make this work again? I have used this for the year I have had it, with no problems.

2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. This happens since the Huawei Mediapad M5 is not listed on our recommended mobile device. Therefore, there is a possibility that this mobile device will not properly work with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro due to its compatibility issue. I will highly recommend you to use a recommended mobile device that was listed on our website. You may refer to the image below. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 14:21
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. This happens since the Huawei Mediapad M5 is not listed on our recommended mobile device. Therefore, there is a possibility that this mobile device will not properly work with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro due to its compatibility issue. I will highly recommend you to use a recommended mobile device that was listed on our website. You may refer to the image below. Thank you for your understanding and support!

[view_image]

Ok, thanks for your answer.  have noticed that it is not on the compatibility list, but since it has worked with no problems since I bought the Phantom 13 months ago, I thought it was a bit odd ...
But then I know the solution.
Thanks again
2020-1-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 14:21
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. This happens since the Huawei Mediapad M5 is not listed on our recommended mobile device. Therefore, there is a possibility that this mobile device will not properly work with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro due to its compatibility issue. I will highly recommend you to use a recommended mobile device that was listed on our website. You may refer to the image below. Thank you for your understanding and support!

[view_image]

This happens since the Huawei Mediapad M5 is not listed on our recommended mobile device. Therefore, there is a possibility that this mobile device will not properly work with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro due to its compatibility issue.
That's absolute rubbish.
The Huawei M5 is probably the best flying tablet available but DJI has never tested it.
DJI rarely test new devices for their list of recommended devices and many good devices will never make onto that very short list.
2020-1-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

How can I make this work again? I have used this for the year I have had it, with no problems.
As I said above the M5 is probably the best flying tablet you can get.

I've had only one temporary problem with mine and perhaps it was what's happened to yours.
Somehow mine mysteriously dropped out of Developer Mode.
Once I enabled Developer Mode again, it's been perfect.

See point 2 here for instructions:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips ... ep-by-step-guide.31
2020-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Maybe let's not forget that for some of us, English is not our native language.  "This may happen because..." might work better than "This happens since....".  The second sentence including the word "possibility" seems to hint to the intention of the post.  
2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa
lvl.1

Norway

Labroides Posted at 1-24 21:27
As I said above the M5 is probably the best flying tablet you can get.

Thank you for your answer, I appreciate it.
I have tried this from point 2 right now, uninstalled DJI go 4, and reinstalled it from Play Store, but still won't connect. When I plug/unplug the M5 it gives the small "ka-plong"-sound ...
The remote has contact with the drone, as I am able to start the props and operate the gimbal.
I restarted my M5 too, by the way
2020-1-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa Posted at 1-25 01:43
Thank you for your answer, I appreciate it.
I have tried this from point 2 right now, uninstalled DJI go 4, and reinstalled it from Play Store, but still won't connect. When I plug/unplug the M5 it gives the small "ka-plong"-sound ...
The remote has contact with the drone, as I am able to start the props and operate the gimbal.

If your M5 is definitely in Developer Mode, have you tried a new cable?
2020-1-25
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

Labroides Posted at 1-25 02:38
If your M5 is definitely in Developer Mode, have you tried a new cable?

Good point. My Mediapad M3 would not connect, I had to try three different cables - the one that worked was a supposedly high quality cable. Maybe Mediapads are picky on cables?
2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa
lvl.1

Norway

ArcticPhoto Posted at 1-25 03:07
Good point. My Mediapad M3 would not connect, I had to try three different cables - the one that worked was a supposedly high quality cable. Maybe Mediapads are picky on cables?

Hmm, I tried 3 different cables. One of them worked with my phone. Now I tried to "juggle" (?) the connector at the M5, and there it was ...
Well thanks guys, I hope I have learned something, and that this will be the fix.
2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa
lvl.1

Norway

djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa Posted at 1-25 04:35
Hmm, I tried 3 different cables. One of them worked with my phone. Now I tried to "juggle" (?) the connector at the M5, and there it was ...
Well thanks guys, I hope I have learned something, and that this will be the fix.

Just bought 2 new cables. Tried one of them, and it seems that the problem is solved. I think that is strange, because I use one of the cables I tried, to charge my M5 on daily basis, right now in fact - and that is no problem.
Well I did not get to fly the drone because it was dark when I got back from the cable-shop, but it connected ok, so I will try tomorrow. I will notify whether it works out well or not.
2020-1-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa Posted at 1-25 14:44
Just bought 2 new cables. Tried one of them, and it seems that the problem is solved. I think that is strange, because I use one of the cables I tried, to charge my M5 on daily basis, right now in fact - and that is no problem.
Well I did not get to fly the drone because it was dark when I got back from the cable-shop, but it connected ok, so I will try tomorrow. I will notify whether it works out well or not.

I think that is strange, because I use one of the cables I tried, to charge my M5 on daily basis, right now in fact - and that is no problem.
That a cable will charge is not an indication of whether it will pass data.
It's good that you've fixed the issue and will be back flying.

2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa Posted at 1-24 14:35
Ok, thanks for your answer.  have noticed that it is not on the compatibility list, but since it has worked with no problems since I bought the Phantom 13 months ago, I thought it was a bit odd ...
But then I know the solution.
Thanks again

You're welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa
lvl.1

Norway

djiuser_C19iVDxjVwEa Posted at 1-25 14:44
Just bought 2 new cables. Tried one of them, and it seems that the problem is solved. I think that is strange, because I use one of the cables I tried, to charge my M5 on daily basis, right now in fact - and that is no problem.

Well, update on this: it seems like it's the USB-port on the M5 that is the problem. When I bend the cable gently towards me, it connects fine.
Have to see if there is any fix to that.
2020-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules