Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
C4K60 H.264?
702 13 2020-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we get an update for the Mavic 2s for this to happen?  This way there would be no need to get a Mavic 3 in the air and Mavic 2s will still sell.
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out  and for the information you have shared. As of the moment we do not have any information with DJI's Future products and firmware updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition this information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you for your support.
2020-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 08:00
Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out  and for the information you have shared. As of the moment we do not have any information with DJI's Future products and firmware updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition this information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you for your support.

I understand but can you at least send the information to the engineers so they can possibly do it?  I heard the Phantom 2 or 3 had a firmware update that allowed 2.7K from 1080p.
2020-1-25
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 1-25 12:55
I understand but can you at least send the information to the engineers so they can possibly do it?  I heard the Phantom 2 or 3 had a firmware update that allowed 2.7K from 1080p.

You can just use your P4P V2.0
2020-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 1-25 17:16
You can just use your P4P V2.0

It's not the same.
2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AntDX316 Posted at 1-25 12:55

Thank you for the additional information you have shared. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again thank you for your support.
2020-1-26
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 09:35
Thank you for the additional information you have shared. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again thank you for your support.

When I said there was no need to get a Mavic 3 in the air I meant there is no need to manufacture Mavic 3s into production.  Just continue to make the Mavic 2 camera system better like how the P4PV2.0 got an update.
2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AntDX316 Posted at 1-26 13:06
When I said there was no need to get a Mavic 3 in the air I meant there is no need to manufacture Mavic 3s into production.  Just continue to make the Mavic 2 camera system better like how the P4PV2.0 got an update.

Thank you for your insights with regards to this matter and for continuously supporting DJI.
2020-1-27
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Too many reasons for DJI to offer a new model.  Doubt we will see this.
2020-1-28
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 1-28 16:28
Too many reasons for DJI to offer a new model.  Doubt we will see this.

They brought back the P4PV2.0.  It cost money to build up new tech than just to firmware update old ones that work.
2020-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

We have seen Autel skydio with 4K 60 but it doesn’t look anything near as good as M2P 4K 30, so I hope if they do upgrade or include it in a new Mavic 3 that it at least matches P4 pro or better .
2020-1-28
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-28 17:03
We have seen Autel skydio with 4K 60 but it doesn’t look anything near as good as M2P 4K 30, so I hope if they do upgrade or include it in a new Mavic 3 that it at least matches P4 pro or better .

Of course, probably even a 4/3" in the air wouldn't make too much of a difference. It boils down to the glass quality to get sharpness edge to edge which no all-in-one drone in the air really can truly accomplish unless you crop in a 12K footage down to 8k or 8K down to 4K etc.  Autel with 28mm is cheating imo.  M2P looks definitely better in HQ mode though.  M2Z and P4PV2.0 zoomed out is the best so shooting tight and indoors would be quite impossible w/ the M2P as it's cropped in at the lowest mode.  I could imagine the M2P bring rushed but the video quality is like no other when truly compared at the price point.  As long as super colorful stuff is being shot at the right settings of course otherwise it can look the same as the rest.  The worst is when you are absolute max potential w/ a product and can't go any further.

This is why shooting in a pano is great because you can crop in the frame that actually looks like a 1-shot.
2020-1-28
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

It would be fantastic if DJI released an update to use 4K/60fps on the Mavic 2.  Though it is a plausible possibility, knowing how DJI moves, they may just hold out until the Mavic 2 successor to add this feature.
2020-1-29
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Neo Supreme Posted at 1-29 04:53
It would be fantastic if DJI released an update to use 4K/60fps on the Mavic 2.  Though it is a plausible possibility, knowing how DJI moves, they may just hold out until the Mavic 2 successor to add this feature.

4K60 with H.265 would have absolute zero need for a Mavic 3 as the quality smokes the competition at even 1080p.

I made this in autumn.  I can't find footage as good as this as the competing drones don't look like this.  Don't mind the gimbal tilt as that was before the warranty fix.
2020-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules