Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattj47
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all
i just got a new
Phantom
4 pro plus, i got a message on controler screent o calibrate the vision sensors, i have downloaded the DJI assisitant, and followed loads of advice on youtube and in the forum, but i am still getting the screen size issue, and when i enter the screen size all i get is a white screen when go to calibrate again.

i have disabled the driver manager, i have reduced screen resolution to 1600 x 900, and swapped to my laptop tried all the same again, none has worked, i am still getting the issue and it is really beginning to pee me off, i have tried 3 different laptops, unplugged monitors on my home pc and adjusted settings contrast and brightness etc..

i have exhausted all avenues, can anyone please help ? drone has latest firmware, as does controller, i have checked sensors for any dirt etc, hence i have run out of ideas.

Matt
screen size error.JPG
2020-1-25
Use props
mattj47
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hav tried on win 10,  and win 7 laptop
2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Matt. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  With regards to issue that we are facing today, you may give a try to change the resolution of your screen for your reference you may take a look at this information. It is recommended to use a monitor with a size of 14 inches or more, and a curved screen is not supposed to be used. Set the display resolution to the recommended value (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) *1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). I addition I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to properly calibrate the Vision System of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Please give us an update on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you.

2020-1-26
Use props
mattj47
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 10:03
Hello and good day Matt. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  With regards to issue that we are facing today, you may give a try to change the resolution of your screen for your reference you may take a look at this information. It is recommended to use a monitor with a size of 14 inches or more, and a curved screen is not supposed to be used. Set the display resolution to the recommended value (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) *1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). I addition I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to properly calibrate the Vision System of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Please give us an update on the said situation for us to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkV1rhG7YpU

HI Stephen
Many thanks for taking the time to reply, having looked through the forums and youtube it does seem this is a very wide issue that affects all drones across the DJI range, maybe a fault/bug within the DJI Assist 2 programme.
Having said that, after a fresh look today through the forums I followed the advice and your video, I re booted my win 7 laptop which is a Dell inspiron 1750 with Win 7, the screen res was 1600x900 which others on forum suggested as good resolution, I uninstalled the dji assist programme, and removed all antivirus ( AVG) from the laptop, I then rebooted system and used the F7 function to disable drive manager on boot up whilst machine was connected to the laptop, I then reinstalled software and run the programme install again, it booted and picked up the phantom and I run the calibration and it worked first time, I was really careful not to move the drone side to side.
So as you can imagine after a full weekend of trying I was so relieved to see calibration success message on the laptop.
It saved me having to take it to a DJI authorised service agent.

I would say that it would be good for DJI to release a patch for the assist programme as it seems there is a lot of calibration issues across all drones from Mavic, to spark, phantom etc.

Thanks again for your help

Matt
2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Matt and it is great to know that the calibration DJI Phantom 4 Pro was now successful. In addition, I will forward this information you have shared with us to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Again thank you for your valued support and please fly safe always.
2020-1-27
Use props
Tom_ATX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85886 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 10:16
You are very much welcome Matt and it is great to know that the calibration DJI Phantom 4 Pro was now successful. In addition, I will forward this information you have shared with us to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Again thank you for your valued support and please fly safe always.

Stephan,

I am having the same problem with my Mavic 2 Zoom.  This below from Matt seems absolutely crazy to have to do to calibrate the sensors.  I am not a computer person so maybe this is easy and not as risky as it sounds but this seems fishy and unacceptable to have to reconfigure things and especially the Virus protection. Has there been an update to the DJI Assist Program to remedy this?  I tried all the different resolutions, different screens,  Win 10 and 7 but this does not work.  I gave up.

"I uninstalled the dji assist programmer, and removed all antivirus ( AVG) from the laptop, I then rebooted system and used the F7 function to disable drive manager on boot up whilst machine was connected to the laptop, I then reinstalled software and run the programmer install again, it booted and picked up the phantom"
2020-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules