Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/10/uk/drone-fall-sky-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

To all those who wonder why their drones fall out of the sky after some time.  DJI should stick a big sticker when people unbox for the first time on top of the drone that people have to remove.  Not water-proof instead of people assuming, it should be water-proof right?  It falls out of the sky and lands on someone's head or property first after realizing way after what might have happened was, it wasn't water-proof.
2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. The DJI Matrice 200 series are designed to be Water Resistant. It means that it is effectively splash proof so good to brush of landing the said drone quickly in the middle of an unexpected rain shower without any concerns. In addition most of the DJI drones are not waterproof. The DJI Matrice 200 series has an IP43 rating under IEC Standard 60529. But the resistance is not a permanent condition and might decrease as a result of normal wear. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 15:16
Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. The DJI Matrice 200 series are designed to be Water Resistant. It means that it is effectively splash proof so good to brush of landing the said drone quickly in the middle of an unexpected rain shower without any concerns. In addition most of the DJI drones are not waterproof. The DJI Matrice 200 series has an IP43 rating under IEC Standard 60529. But the resistance is not a permanent condition and might decrease as a result of normal wear. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty. Thank you and fly safe always.

M2s are water-resistant too?  M2s, P4PV2, and Spark IP ratings?
2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. The DJI Mavic 2 Series, the DJI Spark and the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2 are not waterproof. Please do not fly it in the rain and please avoid getting these drones wet to avoid any issue and damages. Thank you.
2020-1-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 10:42
Hello and good day AntDX316. The DJI Mavic 2 Series, the DJI Spark and the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2 are not waterproof. Please do not fly it in the rain and please avoid getting these drones wet to avoid any issue and damages. Thank you.

Are they all IP43?
2020-1-26
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Only the Matrice 200 series, Matrice 200V2 series and Wind series have an IP rating.
2020-1-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keule Posted at 1-26 16:47
Only the Matrice 200 series, Matrice 200V2 series and Wind series have an IP rating.

But we can assume they were built the same way or even have a higher IP rating if tested?
2020-1-26
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 1-26 17:00
But we can assume they were built the same way or even have a higher IP rating if tested?

No. I see from your answer that you have no idea what IP rating is.
2020-1-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keule Posted at 1-26 17:22
No. I see from your answer that you have no idea what IP rating is.

I see from your answer that you have no idea what things can pass w/o being truly tested.
2020-1-26
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 1-26 17:41
I see from your answer that you have no idea what things can pass w/o being truly tested.

I'll be watching this space when you report back after you flew with one of your DJI drones in rain ...
2020-1-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keule Posted at 1-26 17:55
I'll be watching this space when you report back after you flew with one of your DJI drones in rain ...

I don't fly in the rain at all as I'm worried it would bust later on.  I read about how it's not the rain that ruins the components, it's the minerals that dry up and short things.

You can ask questions for things that don't mean you would involve in it but certain things off course are off limits, the things in the dark web.
2020-1-26
Use props
NordicDroneSolutions
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 15:16

Hi Stephen
Originaly the Manual for the Matrice 200 serien V2 said that the angle of inclination of the aircraft body and the ground should not exceed +- 60 degress whe fly the aircraft in rainy days. Then you changed this in december 2019 just as the first cases of this problem occured to only 30 degress?

Does this mean that the matrice 200 V2 series is only IP 42,5 basicly?
2020-1-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

NordicDroneSolutions Posted at 1-27 04:18
Hi Stephen
Originaly the Manual for the Matrice 200 serien V2 said that the angle of inclination of the aircraft body and the ground should not exceed +- 60 degress whe fly the aircraft in rainy days. Then you changed this in december 2019 just as the first cases of this problem occured to only 30 degress?

Although Ingress Protection rating in specs of any equipment looks very serious for average Joe, the combination of these two numbers (4 and 3) in case of Matrice 200 series isn't really too impressive. It means that the said apparatus should survive occasional shower, "direct moisture spray at angles up to 60° off vertical", to be exact.  I wouldn't rely on this protection blindly, as - sooner or later - the water will penetrate fine mesh on front of cooling fans and eventually land on electronics under the umbrella of sealed shell. Apparently IP43 rating was too optimistic. Nice marketing hype though ...
2020-1-29
Use props
Robert M Serino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-29 00:03
Although Ingress Protection rating in specs of any equipment looks very serious for average Joe, the combination of these two numbers (4 and 3) in case of Matrice 200 series isn't really too impressive. It means that the said apparatus should survive occasional shower, "direct moisture spray at angles up to 60° off vertical", to be exact.  I wouldn't rely on this protection blindly, as - sooner or later - the water will penetrate fine mesh on front of cooling fans and eventually land on electronics under the umbrella of sealed shell. Apparently IP43 rating was too optimistic. Nice marketing hype though ...

Practically speaking and the take-away I use for my excellent M200: You can land with confidence if you encounter some light rain while flying.  You should try to avoid take-offs if it’s already raining.
2020-1-29
Use props
NordicDroneSolutions
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-29 00:03
Although Ingress Protection rating in specs of any equipment looks very serious for average Joe, the combination of these two numbers (4 and 3) in case of Matrice 200 series isn't really too impressive. It means that the said apparatus should survive occasional shower, "direct moisture spray at angles up to 60° off vertical", to be exact.  I wouldn't rely on this protection blindly, as - sooner or later - the water will penetrate fine mesh on front of cooling fans and eventually land on electronics under the umbrella of sealed shell. Apparently IP43 rating was too optimistic. Nice marketing hype though ...

This is more in regards to regional warranties.

If you are using the Ingress Protection scale you are commiting to that level. If you change it during a products lifetime in a hidden manor as just switching a line in the manual, it can give the wrong idea and means that people buying the Matrice before the change are flying on false promises and thus probably voiding warranty without knowing.

Plus in countries with marketing laws it would be considered a illegal move to do while maintaining add telling customers that the drone is waterestitant in light weather and rain.

To go from light rain to droplets is a huge change.
2020-1-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NordicDroneSolutions Posted at 1-29 03:14

If you are using the Ingress Protection scale you are commiting to that level. If you change it during a products lifetime in a hidden manor as just switching a line in the manual, it can give the wrong idea and means that people buying the Matrice before the change are flying on false promises and thus probably voiding warranty without knowing.

Wear and tear will happen though.
2020-1-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

NordicDroneSolutions Posted at 1-29 03:14

If you are using the Ingress Protection scale you are commiting to that level. If you change it during a products lifetime in a hidden manor as just switching a line in the manual, it can give the wrong idea and means that people buying the Matrice before the change are flying on false promises and thus probably voiding warranty without knowing.

You're right about said confusion, I agree. On the other hand, DJI made the change in manual for M200 V2 series rightfully, feeling that IP43 stamp may create false impression of total water protection. Bottom line: don't fly in rain ... That said, M200/Wind may survive occasional shower, while any other DJI drone may not ...
2020-1-29
Use props
NordicDroneSolutions
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-29 12:07
You're right about said confusion, I agree. On the other hand, DJI made the change in manual for M200 V2 series rightfully, feeling that IP43 stamp may create false impression of total water protection. Bottom line: don't fly in rain ... That said, M200/Wind may survive occasional shower, while any other DJI drone may not ...

At least it shouldn't be made all hidden away like that.

Especially in Europe that have stict marketing laws this is in clear violation when you still advertise base in the old rating.

This isnt about the drones flying in rain, mist or even a huricane. This is about the writing material they use in advertisment, in ther manual and what our customers experience in the field.

Telling a Police department or fire department that the advertised rating that they use for all of their other equipment is not the same and shouln't be taken likely or literally is for our part of the world highly unprofessional. Even more so with the recent cases here popping up all over Europe with bad seals and water damage, some with busted ESC's on a >5mm rain days.

All I'm saying is that the change might be valid but their way of handeling it based on their marketing and advertisement is lacking in regards to the EU audience.
2020-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules