Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 3 pans upward on its own
1919 9 2020-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patriotdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1572740 ft
United States

First of all, this is my first gimbal for a phone. I am using a iPhone 11 Pro Max and fine that the phone wanders or pans upward on its own, typically ruining my shots. Is this wander normal? Is there something I can do to prevent it? I have tried locking the gimbal while holding down the trigger but that doesn’t seem to help.
2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please send us a video showing the issue for us to further isolate the problem? You can post the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-26
Use props
ketos
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello
I have the exact same problem with an iPhone and a OnePlus T6.
However, with me, it slowly pans downwards all the time.
Is there already a solution?
I have the latest firmware,did calibrate etc.

Thank you in advance
2020-2-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Are you quite sure you have balanced the phone correctly on two axes?
2020-2-6
Use props
ketos
lvl.1

Switzerland

Yes, I recalibrated and balanced over and over again with both phones OnePlus 6T and an iPhone. Both have this problems. The Osmo is unusable like this, unfortunately. Is there a possibility that there is a sensor problem or a software problem? I have the latest app on both devices...
2020-2-10
Use props
Krause31
First Officer
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ketos Posted at 2-10 23:02
Yes, I recalibrated and balanced over and over again with both phones OnePlus 6T and an iPhone. Both have this problems. The Osmo is unusable like this, unfortunately. Is there a possibility that there is a sensor problem or a software problem? I have the latest app on both devices...

Hello,
i have the same problem with my galaxy s10 plus! And this device is on the list for compatible Smartphones!

Best regards!

2020-2-11
Use props
ketos
lvl.1

Switzerland

Is there anyone from DJI maybe who can help us? Is it possible that there is a hardware problem causing this error?
2020-2-25
Use props
Mesut
lvl.1

Turkey

ketos Posted at 2-25 07:09
Is there anyone from DJI maybe who can help us? Is it possible that there is a hardware problem causing this error?

Unfortenly i think we are alone. I hava same problem. And i think it is not about smartphones. Because i tried 3-4 smartphones with diffirent sizes but promlem is same. I think this is about software or bad motor quality. And there is not much software update in a year. I think i will return it.
2020-2-25
Use props
devabega
New

Singapore

I use to have this issue too. Is this happening when your wrist holding the gimbal is at a certain angle? For me I have to twist my wrist in certain positions.
For example for me a problem is with pan-up shots. This is when you are standing, and then bend down to hold the gimbal near the floor, but you want the phone to be looking upwards. Due to the special hinge the phone cannot "look upwards" at all from a low height. My previous other normal gimbals have no issue because the hinge at the side is a normal one (not the special angled arm like the Osmo 3 Mobile)
2020-2-29
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

devabega Posted at 2-29 01:28
I use to have this issue too. Is this happening when your wrist holding the gimbal is at a certain angle? For me I have to twist my wrist in certain positions.
For example for me a problem is with pan-up shots. This is when you are standing, and then bend down to hold the gimbal near the floor, but you want the phone to be looking upwards. Due to the special hinge the phone cannot "look upwards" at all from a low height. My previous other normal gimbals have no issue because the hinge at the side is a normal one (not the special angled arm like the Osmo 3 Mobile)

If you hold the gimbal across your body horizontal it will give you the movement to look up.
2020-2-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules