Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Huawei P20 Pro Compatability
2118 4 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans78f5f0a3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48212 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

This may have already been covered in previous posts but there are too many to look through them all.

I am just about to press the button on buying an Osmo Pocket but wanted to check and see if anyone is using a P20 Pro with the pocket. The comparability list suggests the P20 is good to use but doesn't mention the P20 Pro yet mentions other pro models. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Peter
2020-1-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

A constant complaint on the forum is the lack of updates to the phone list. I don't have a phone that is fully compliant but can use some recording with the Pocket through Mimo where my phone's frame rate and resolution coincides with the Osmo pockets ability to record at the same settings.
I think that is where you need to check the phone's compatibility with the Osmo Pocket. Mainly picture size and supported frame rate. Also make sure the phone records at a constant frame rate as a variable frame rate such as found on some phones may well not work. Audio  sample rate must also comply.
While I love the Osmo Pocket, the supporting Mimo app could do with a lot of work done to it.

DJI are not alone with this problem but whatever kit you use this is a very frustrating problem possibly being held up by the current trade war. Who knows?
2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Peter. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who uses the Huawei P20 Pro on there DJI Osmo Pocket. In addition, DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when using the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, these are the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket.

2020-1-26
Use props
fans78f5f0a3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48212 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 08:30
Hello and good day Peter. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who uses the Huawei P20 Pro on there DJI Osmo Pocket. In addition, DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when using the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, these are the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket.

[view_image]

Thanks Stephen,

I just find it a little strange that the P20 model is listed but the mate pro is. I understand that you have a compatibility list that you refer people too but that is a fairly restrictive list and I would hope that it's not exhaustive.

Hopefully somebody with a P20 Pro reads this as i have nowhere to try before I buy.

2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans78f5f0a3 Posted at 1-26 09:55
Thanks Stephen,

I just find it a little strange that the P20 model is listed but the mate pro is. I understand that you have a compatibility list that you refer people too but that is a fairly restrictive list and I would hope that it's not exhaustive.

You are very much welcome Peter and thank you for the additional information. Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the near future. Again thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules