Transporting the Mini
973 8 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

I got the mini to film some amazing scenery on my motorcycle travels. My main concern is how to keep it safe from all the shaking while is in the motorcycle. The mini will suffer from that? I have the combo, is the bag enough to keep it safe?
2020-1-26
Use props
Miixxa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280682 ft
Finland

It has already suffered worse on the different transports before you got it so it will be fine, maybe just needs recalibration from time to time.

Personally I would keep it in the combo case and pack it in a backpack to minimize vibrations, but if you're going to keep it in the bike's saddle, side or tankbags you can pad it with clothes etc. generally anything soft that isolates it from the vibrations.
I'd say the effect of the combo case is pretty minimal as it's a sort of a hard case not really dampening the vibrations all that much...

2020-1-26
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41161 ft
United Kingdom

Tank bag is the answer.  

This is the video I did of my last European tour, drone and Gopro's,  Drone work at the beginning and end as well as 2.35, 6.00, 7.10

2020-1-26
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I've got this one, not waterproof but extremely well padded
Screenshot_20200126-115533_eBay.jpg
2020-1-26
Use props
RampL Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you riding road bikes or off road dirt bikes? On road cruising bikes the mini will be fine, off road riding I would keep it in a backpack on your back..
2020-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So long as you keep gimbal guard on, and maybe tie up props, there are many after market products for that, but no need to worry .
2020-1-26
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Romania

RampL Aerial photography Posted at 1-26 03:58
Are you riding road bikes or off road dirt bikes? On road cruising bikes the mini will be fine, off road riding I would keep it in a backpack on your back..

I ride an R1200GSA, I can't put a backpack. Dirty roads are like 20% of my rides. I will pad the topcase with some sponge-like materials.
2020-1-26
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Romania

Mavic Dave Posted at 1-26 02:47
Tank bag is the answer.  

This is the video I did of my last European tour, drone and Gopro's,  Drone work at the beginning and end as well as 2.35, 6.00, 7.10

That's a good idea, I kinda hate those but for the sake of my mini I will give it a try.
2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on how the are able to transport there DJI Mavic Mini on a motorcycle safely and on what case do they use as well. Thank you and please be safe always.
2020-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules