It has been a month...
2146 29 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

...this weekend without a single day good for flying!  I am going crazy!   
2015-6-12
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

buy some spare parts and fly it until your is back!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... uadcopter_v2_0.html
2015-6-12
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-6-13 05:36
buy some spare parts and fly it until your is back!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/801199877 ...

Back from where?  My quad is with me - the weather has not been good to fly.  Rain or wind or both every day.
2015-6-12
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-13 06:05
Back from where?  My quad is with me - the weather has not been good to fly.  Rain or wind or both ...

sorry , the title made it sound like it was a month since you had it to fly rather
my mistake
2015-6-12
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Wow, that really sucks. You should build a hangar to fly in! We've had unpleasant weather too, but mostly the non-flying days have been because of high wind. Next 2 days are supposed to be gorgeous - fingers crossed.
l hope your weather changes soon, a month is a long time to go without.
2015-6-12
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Chris,

I know the feeling! Not quite as bad as you though, I'm sneaking flights in between weather breaks. Rain and wind, one battery or flight at a time. Of course, the gnats have hatched and they're biting the hell out of me but I'm guessing I'd better not complain too much. I hope you get a break soon!

Jerry
2015-6-12
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Jerry,
Gnats?  How about ticks, horseflies, deer flies, other things that fly and bite - by the millions!  Billions even!  This year seems even more severe than the past few.  Right now there are 'violent' thunderstorms raging through the region.  I got some lightning shots with the DSLR, but not the best.  Hit or miss really (power lines in the way).  But I tried.  Perhaps I will post some stills after I review and process.  All I want to do is get my quad up in the air and fly even if at a place I have been a hundred times before.  I just need to get up in the air.

Chris
2015-6-12
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-6-13 08:25
Wow, that really sucks. You should build a hangar to fly in! We've had unpleasant weather too, but m ...

Andrea,
I actually could fly it in the warehouse where I work if I wanted to.  But not worth the risk.  Most of my days have been due to high wind as well.  I hope my weather changes soon too.  Listening to the thunderstorms going on now...

Be well.

Chris
2015-6-12
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-13 09:48
Andrea,
I actually could fly it in the warehouse where I work if I wanted to.  But not worth the r ...

Chris,

Looks like today and tomorrow you should be all clear for some flying! A little windy and overcast but looks flyable, online anyway. Looks about the same here. Maybe we'll both get a little flying in. I was going to work to prep for a meeting with the tax and investment men on Tuesday but I think getting some air time may take priority. I really hope you get some opportunities!

Jerry

2015-6-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-13 22:09
Chris,

Looks like today and tomorrow you should be all clear for some flying! A little windy and  ...

Jerry,
It is a bit windy as I write this.  But I have everything charging as I type so perhaps this evening I can get some air time.  I go to NY tomorrow morning to watch a ball game and will be bringing Dozbot along.  If it is nice there are a few spots I may try to fly - Selkirk Train Yards, GE Plastics, Owens Corning Fiberglass, Port of Albany just to name a few.  Of course, if the grandkids want to fly kites that will take precedence.  But then I could get some kite flying video perhaps.  

Good luck, enjoy!
Chris
2015-6-13
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Here ya go....A small spirit lifter.
2015-6-13
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Mowing is keeping me busy lately. The month of May was nothing but rain, now it's the grass that's growing.....and skeeters by the tons...just started a 4 day work week for the summer so maybe I can catch up on flying.....and mowing...yuck. Also been pretty warm down here in Texas...hitting the 90s and plenty of humidity. Flying in the evening is the best time right now.
2015-6-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-14 09:16
Mowing is keeping me busy lately. The month of May was nothing but rain, now it's the grass that's g ...

After in-house chores, weeded and mowed today.  Then trimmed and clipped some willow that is becoming a problem.  Watered necessary plant material, cleaned and refilled hummingbird feeders (only ones I keep at this time of year due to bears) and all the while had things charging.  

After a shower, change of clothes, some much needed caloric intake, I finally had Dozbot in the air.  I will have video, but not yet.  I flew two batteries - one at an old tannery in Pownal, Vt. - mostly for the waterway - and another at Green River Farms in South Williamstown - mostly for the cows who which, by the way, were not nearly as friendly as the cows in Jerry's video.

I go to NY first thing in the morning and hope to get good video there and will process all upon return.  
2015-6-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-6-14 02:18
Here ya go....A small spirit lifter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UQSG4tF25E

What is the processing you applied to this video?
2015-6-13
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-14 09:50
After in-house chores, weeded and mowed today.  Then trimmed and clipped some willow that is becomi ...

Spent 6 hours out driving and flying today! I'm hoping I'll have some good stuff soon. Didn't even know I got this one until a few minutes ago. I wonder what else I got...

Jerry

2015-6-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-14 11:46
Spent 6 hours out driving and flying today! I'm hoping I'll have some good stuff soon. Didn't even ...

Was he running from you?
2015-6-14
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-14 11:46
Spent 6 hours out driving and flying today! I'm hoping I'll have some good stuff soon. Didn't even ...

White tail? Looks like he had his flag in the air.
2015-6-14
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-14 09:50
After in-house chores, weeded and mowed today.  Then trimmed and clipped some willow that is becomi ...

This morning, flash flood watch. This means more mowing in the future....more skeeters, less flying. Dang it!
I put my hummingbird feeder out a month ago and had several birds. Haven't seen them lately. Was thinking about putting my GoPro on my tripod and getting some slow mo of them feeding. Maybe the rain ran them off.
2015-6-14
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-14 19:40
Was he running from you?

I have no idea but would assume so. I didn't even know I had captured it until I was sitting in front of my laptop last night looking at some of the video I got earlier in the day.

Jerry
2015-6-14
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-14 20:09
White tail? Looks like he had his flag in the air.

Definitely a white tail, not to many Mulies here.

Jerry
2015-6-14
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-14 20:25
This morning, flash flood watch. This means more mowing in the future....more skeeters, less flyin ...

Yeah. The rain and weather so far this summer has been a bear. I'm afraid this is going to be a short summer for us. I've only got on the bike three times so far.

Jerry
2015-6-14
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Pemier Pro.  The color change was accidental. Bird passed from morning light to shade. Though it was cool...left it in
2015-6-14
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-14 21:06
Definitely a white tail, not to many Mulies here.

Jerry

Jerry,
I was sitting here thinking about your neighbors video. It's been several years ago but when I was up in your neck of the woods I saw bison and or buffalo. Are there any ranches around you that have any of those?
I don't know if it would be wise to fly around them, could cause a stampede!
2015-6-14
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-14 21:34
Jerry,
I was sitting here thinking about your neighbors video. It's been several years ago but wh ...

Sitting and thinking? Don't you have yard work to do?

Yeah, we've got a few of them around here. I'll put it on the bucket list!

Jerry
2015-6-14
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-14 22:48
Sitting and thinking? Don't you have yard work to do?

Yeah, we've got a few of them around h ...

This sounds too familiar for some reason.
2015-6-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-23 09:09
This sounds too familiar for some reason.

He's alive! He's alive! I can't believe all you guys left me here to do all of the heavy lifting! Gerry's watching movies leaving Roy and John to answer all the tech questions, who knows what the hell happened to North, Ray's b*tchin' about doing yard work but he's secretly making new friends over at the Solo forum and you're over there twiddlin' your thumbs. You've all but forced me to go make new friends. I'm even Rubin' shoulders with the big shots at DJI now! Ed still won't talk to me (he hasn't deleted anymore of my threads yet) but the new guy Dave may be takin' a Likin' to me! I bought a P3 and you guys blasted off the face of the forum world. I'm retired in the boonies with nothin' but time on my hands' so I'm starting to write dim-witted essays on any issue I can come up with. Think I might have scared off a person or two.

Soooo.....been doin' some sittin' and thinkin' have ya?

Jerry
2015-6-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Poof!!! And he's gone again...

Jerry
2015-6-22
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-23 09:55
Poof!!! And he's gone again...

Jerry

Who?  Me?  Jerry...I have not left anyone behind.  You know my personal story at the moment.  Things are not what I would like them to be nor what I am able to tolerate any longer.

I apologize if you feel you have been left in the wind.  I do have video to process and publish - at least 4 or 5 different flights.  I just don't have the time at home, in peace, to process them.  Just a hostile environment at the moment.  Next date for possible relief 7/10.  I trust you know what that means.
2015-6-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-23 10:34
Who?  Me?  Jerry...I have not left anyone behind.  You know my personal story at the moment.  Thing ...

Chris,

Sorry, lighten up. I was just trying to be funny. Man, I'm off my game these days.

Jerry
2015-6-22
Use props
john
New

United States

May 6th i called support for my blue tooth connection didn't work with iPad.  After 2 days they came to the conclusion to send it in.  They had my phantom for a month before I got a notice that they have checked it in.  From time of checking in they said it would take 6 weeks.  Now after more than 2 months I still don't know when they are going to send it back.  Most incredibly poor customer service.
2015-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules