Photos has blurry left corner, but video seems sharp?
734 4 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayjay70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34026 ft
Finland

I have a pretty weird problem in my Pro's camera.

If I shoot video the image seems sharp on alla areas. If I shoot photos, the upper left corner (at least) seems out of focus.

I have some examples here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vcqdq ... -DsRuL6nYp-5Ca?dl=0

One reference picture for this problem could be DJI_0206.jpg

I've already treif AF/AFC/MF modes, same result with every mode. Sharpness is set to +1 as instructed in many videos.

I have calibrated IMU and Gimbal, reset camera setting, Format SD,  practiced some voodoo etc..nothing seems to help!
This Drone has always been handled with care and there's not even one single scratch on it.

Could you please check the pictures and video for any quidance?

Br, Janne

2020-1-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Its probably just the limits of the Mavic Pro's optics - rather than anything to do with image compression and the data as such. The reason you are not seeing it in the video(s) is that that area is cropped out compared to the more square aspect ratio of the still images.  One test worth trying is to take a series of still photos with differing focus points - it could be that even though you think the camera is focused on 'infinity' its actually focused on the area in the bottom half of the frame. Also to eliminate the possibility of the blur being motion related (even slight camera gimbal ajustments due to wind etc). set the shutter to something faster than 160th second for example. (But you'll need a bright sunny day for that probably).
2020-1-26
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Finland

Lamplighter55 Posted at 1-26 07:38
Its probably just the limits of the Mavic Pro's optics - rather than anything to do with image compression and the data as such. The reason you are not seeing it in the video(s) is that that area is cropped out compared to the more square aspect ratio of the still images.  One test worth trying is to take a series of still photos with differing focus points - it could be that even though you think the camera is focused on 'infinity' its actually focused on the area in the bottom half of the frame. Also to eliminate the possibility of the blur being motion related (even slight camera gimbal ajustments due to wind etc). set the shutter to something faster than 160th second for example. (But you'll need a bright sunny day for that probably).

Thanks for your reply! Did the pictures look like the optics is all right?

I already have taken those pictures with focusing different places. left corner, right corner, center..
I even took same photo bu manually setting the focus to infinity.

Also lock gimabal when shooting option put off, but no remarkable difference in my mind.
2020-1-26
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

I had a similar problem but in the videos. Try IMU calibration, that worked for me. Good luck! Hope it helps.
2020-1-26
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Finland

Micato Posted at 1-26 14:03
I had a similar problem but in the videos. Try IMU calibration, that worked for me. Good luck! Hope it helps.

"I have calibrated IMU and Gimbal, reset camera setting, Format SD,  practiced some voodoo etc..nothing seems to help!
This Drone has always been handled with care and there's not even one single scratch on it."

Most probaly is like someone previously stated. Optics isn't just good enought for full frame pictures. The lens is prettu small and that would make some sense.
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules