Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC MINI CHARGING BASE
12Next >
7983 47 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reinis SkyHighFilms
Captain
Flight distance : 4212828 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

2020-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Reinis SkyHighFilms. Thank you for creating and sharing this video you have created for the DJI Mavic Mini's Charging Base. Great review and thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have to say when I bought this I thought I’d never use it, but every time I fly from home I just pop the drone on the base and let it charge, I’ve used it more than any charger I have and it looks great .
2020-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Certainly looks really cool.  I wonder if they'll make these for other models in the future.
2020-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 1-27 02:34
Certainly looks really cool.  I wonder if they'll make these for other models in the future.

It would take a big one to hold an inspire ;+)...
2020-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 04:35
It would take a big one to hold an inspire ;+)...

True,  I was thinking about new Mavic models.
2020-1-27
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

haven't ever really used mine.  when you have 5 batteries and you rarely go flying (in the winter), not seeing how it's useful other than a showpiece.  nice accessory for a small drone but i can't see doing it for mavic 2 size drones.
2020-1-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Looks cool, but found the charging hub so convinient...
2020-1-27
Use props
Reinis SkyHighFilms
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

The Saint Posted at 1-27 05:32
haven't ever really used mine.  when you have 5 batteries and you rarely go flying (in the winter), not seeing how it's useful other than a showpiece.  nice accessory for a small drone but i can't see doing it for mavic 2 size drones.

Well... you can charge more batteries that way. Charge one in the base. And other ones in the charging hub. That should be even faster to recharge all of them.
2020-1-27
Use props
Reinis SkyHighFilms
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-27 05:37

Yes, but with this you can charge two batteries at the same time if you have the charging hub as well. While charging with just the hub it will charge one at time.
2020-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-27 05:37

Really it’s not something you need but once you have it it’s very convenient, for instance if I want to go outside and test use up one battery, when I’m finished I jus come in pop it on this charger and it’s always ready to go, it’s not a necessity but it’s useful and I’ve found it’s a great talking point for visitors .
2020-1-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

Reinis SkyHighFilms Posted at 1-27 06:36
Yes, but with this you can charge two batteries at the same time if you have the charging hub as well. While charging with just the hub it will charge one at time.

I see, that is indeed very interesting!
2020-1-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 06:44
Really it’s not something you need but once you have it it’s very convenient, for instance if I want to go outside and test use up one battery, when I’m finished I jus come in pop it on this charger and it’s always ready to go, it’s not a necessity but it’s useful and I’ve found it’s a great talking point for visitors .

I see, it makes sense, I actually like the look of it a lot.
Personally I have been thinking eventually I may get another hub + 3 batteries, or even a second fly more combo... is just so convenient
2020-1-28
Use props
Alevpi
First Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Absolutely stupid thing!
I have already grown out of the age when I want to prove something to someone!
2020-1-28
Use props
Reinis SkyHighFilms
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

Alevpi Posted at 1-28 03:23
Absolutely stupid thing!
I have already grown out of the age when I want to prove something to someone!

what?
where does anyone is prooving anything here?
You weird...
+ Not a stupid thing. Looks cool. I enjoy cool looking things myself. And it sure looks cool. + I can charge batteries faster as I can charge two at the same time because I have the hub as well.
There is a saying in my country. If you can't say anything good. Be quiet.
As you did not have any constructive criticism in your comment. I would suggest to just stay quiet!
2020-1-28
Use props
Goldenfly
First Officer
Flight distance : 10109446 ft
Italy

I ask for advice ... the magnetic connector you leave it inserted in flight? Or is it better to take it off? (great inconvenience in this case). Thank you
2020-1-28
Use props
Reinis SkyHighFilms
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

Goldenfly Posted at 1-28 05:58
I ask for advice ... the magnetic connector you leave it inserted in flight? Or is it better to take it off? (great inconvenience in this case). Thank you

I just leave it.
2020-1-28
Use props
Goldenfly
First Officer
Italy

aren't you afraid of interference with the compass?
2020-1-28
Use props
Depster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10062 ft
Canada

Reinis SkyHighFilms Posted at 1-28 03:32
what?
You weird...

Even if you did not have the charging base, could you not charge one battery in the MM and one in the charging hub? Still charging two batteries at the same time and $50 still in your pocket. Just saying...
2020-1-28
Use props
Reinis SkyHighFilms
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

Depster Posted at 1-28 06:46
Even if you did not have the charging base, could you not charge one battery in the MM and one in the charging hub? Still charging two batteries at the same time and $50 still in your pocket. Just saying...

Yeah, but this looks cool. I got it for that reason. Because it looks cool and I can put it in the background of my videos.
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Goldenfly Posted at 1-28 06:06
aren't you afraid of interference with the compass?

I believe the connector itself doesn't contain the magnet. The magnet is in the base. And It was designed for that particular purpose.
2020-1-28
Use props
Goldenfly
First Officer
Italy

JodyB Posted at 1-28 06:53
I believe the connector itself doesn't contain the magnet. The magnet is in the base. And It was designed for that particular purpose.

the magnet is in the connector, in fact I am asking .. DJI assistance must be removed :-(
2020-1-28
Use props
Goldenfly
First Officer
Italy

JodyB Posted at 1-28 06:53

the magnet is in the connector I am just asking..DJI assistance says it must be removed :-(
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenfly Posted at 1-28 07:12
the magnet is in the connector I am just asking..DJI assistance says it must be removed :-(

hmm. that is odd. The connector included with my charge base won't stick to any other metal object. I've tried sticking it to my refrigerator before and it wouldn't do it. But it clicks right into the base though. But I still don't leave the connector in the mini though at any rate.
2020-1-28
Use props
Goldenfly
First Officer
Italy

JodyB Posted at 1-28 07:17
hmm. that is odd. The connector included with my charge base won't stick to any other metal object. I've tried sticking it to my refrigerator before and it wouldn't do it. But it clicks right into the base though. But I still don't leave the connector in the mini though at any rate.

my connector attaches to the refrigerator :-)) do we have the same thing?
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenfly Posted at 1-28 07:25
my connector attaches to the refrigerator :-)) do we have the same thing?

Could be made differently, not sure. But mine is the charging dome like in the video posted by sky high films. I did get mine the day it became available so I suppose it's possible there could be a couple of different revisions?
2020-1-28
Use props
Goldenfly
First Officer
Italy

JodyB Posted at 1-28 07:38
Could be made differently, not sure. But mine is the charging dome like in the video posted by sky high films. I did get mine the day it became available so I suppose it's possible there could be a couple of different revisions?

mine is also identical to that of the video .... Telesin mystery
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenfly Posted at 1-28 07:43
mine is also identical to that of the video .... Telesin mystery

Yes, brand is Telesin.
2020-1-28
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine also doesn't connect to the fridge.  The mystery continues.  Goldenfly, post a pic.
2020-1-28
Use props
Goldenfly
First Officer
Italy

Oracle Miata Posted at 1-28 10:20
Mine also doesn't connect to the fridge.  The mystery continues.  Goldenfly, post a pic.

connector pic...
connettore.jpg
2020-1-28
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I think the answer is don't leave it stuck into the back of your drone while flying regardless of what it is made out of.  can you just leave it with the dome?
2020-1-28
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Reinis SkyHighFilms Posted at 1-28 06:53
Yeah, but this looks cool. I got it for that reason. Because it looks cool and I can put it in the background of my videos.

I agree with you it is cool to look at and cool to have although I would suggest no one to overpay for it.

however, you are confusing some folks when you claim there is a charging advantage.  I have a ton of batteries and I see no advantage to including my dome in the mix/rotation.

since I cannot fly at home, I cannot take advantage of "take it right off the charger and go flying" which would be nice.
2020-1-28
Use props
Goldenfly
First Officer
Italy

The Saint Posted at 1-28 11:35
I think the answer is don't leave it stuck into the back of your drone while flying regardless of what it is made out of.  can you just leave it with the dome?

I bought the dome just to not stress the drone's microusb. But apparently this charging station is useless
2020-1-28
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenfly Posted at 1-28 11:40
I bought the dome just to not stress the drone's microusb. But apparently this charging station is useless

yes I have the hub/dome and I try not to charge the battery while in the drone.

there's no benefit to me for speed charging, I'm not running a business with my mm, so two rounds in the hub for 5 batteries that's fine.  like you, I try not to plug anything into the drone's microsd cable connector slot.
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-28 11:50
yes I have the hub/dome and I try not to charge the battery while in the drone.

there's no benefit to me for speed charging, I'm not running a business with my mm, so two rounds in the hub for 5 batteries that's fine.  like you, I try not to plug anything into the drone's microsd cable connector slot.

I'm the same way. I just use my dome for a place to put the mini during periods of time that I can't fly. Mostly just a show piece for conversation when I have friends over. Actual charging, I use the hub.
2020-1-28
Use props
Alevpi
First Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Reinis SkyHighFilms Posted at 1-28 03:32
what?
You weird...

Я не малолетний имбицил, в отличии от некоторых, которым нужно понтаваться!
I wanted to add more, but from your answers, I realized that this is enough!

понтаваться - values:
jarg. jewelry, expensive trinkets, items, as a rule, tasteless, which should emphasize the wealth of their owner , All in show-offs.
jarg., meganewton. CH. from Pont gonor, pretentious behavior; the desire to show off, make a strong impression on someone ; Take off the Pont

2020-1-28
Use props
Elnegron
lvl.1
United States

Hello how long dose it take to charge the battery in the Mavic Mini Charging Base?
2020-4-30
Use props
Elnegron
lvl.1
United States

dji mavic mini charging base is not charging
2020-5-22
Use props
Elnegron
lvl.1
United States

dji mavic mini charging base is not charging
2020-5-22
Use props
Sean-newbie
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-28 02:39
I see, that is indeed very interesting!

Then again you could of course simply stick a USB cable into the connector on the back of the drone, could you not?  If you don't wish to use the drone's USB why would you buy this in the first place? (not directed at anyone)

Besides you could use the money saved through not buying this towards another battery etc. or a/another triple charger.
2020-5-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules