Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M100 + N1 video coder HDMI and servo
1039 7 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UMXo5WbzBPrF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2103 ft
United Kingdom

I have a DJI M100 quadcopter and N1 Video adapter. I have attached a mid sized dslr camera and lightweight tilt mechanism to use for still and fpv. but cananot see anyway to control the tilt servo (or motor).

Are there any external ports on the M100 that could allow  control of a motor or servo from the hand controller (the “reserved port” on the N1 video module maybe?)
Presently I am very unhappy that I have spent a lot of money on a flexible platform that fails to offer any flexibility.

What use is the N1 video board if you cand move a HDMI camera?
2020-1-26
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Only DJI cameras/gimbals such as the X3, Z3, X5 or the Z30 can be remote controlled as you wish with an M100.
If you are using a 3rd party camera with the N1 encoder you have to use a 3rd party receiver and remote controller to be able to move the camera around.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_UMXo5WbzBPrF
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Surely there must be a way. What use is the N1video module otherwise.

I see Pulsekraft have developed a method of controlling servos and switches from the hand controller, using mobile and onboard SDK but I want a more lightweight solution.

I just need one TTL or signal of any type that I can use to trigger an event. (Raise/lower a tilt mechanism)

For a quadcopter that is marketed as flexible surely this is achievable?
2020-1-27
Use props
Keule
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_UMXo5WbzBPrF Posted at 1-27 01:37
Surely there must be a way. What use is the N1video module otherwise.

I see Pulsekraft have developed a method of controlling servos and switches from the hand controller, using mobile and onboard SDK but I want a more lightweight solution.

If you are willing to add the DJI Manifold onto the M100, then, of course, you have the capability to add electronic devices via UART, SPI, and I2C ports and control them via onBoard SDK and the mobile SDK.
2020-1-27
Use props
djiuser_UMXo5WbzBPrF
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Manifold again feels like overkill, I would effectively pulling a computer in to the air in order to get 1 signal from hand controller.

Even if I did this I would need to code a solution and decode the serial data from the serial interfaces.

Surely an STM32 solution with PWM would be preferable.

Alternatively has anyone looked at the I/O on the reserve port on N1 video system, the N1 receives gimbal control data, it would be logical for it to be passed through this port??
2020-1-27
Use props
djiuser_UMXo5WbzBPrF
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It really seems the N1 video module is completely redundant if we can’t control at least camera tilt... like literally completely useless??
2020-1-27
Use props
Keule
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_UMXo5WbzBPrF Posted at 1-27 04:27
It really seems the N1 video module is completely redundant if we can’t control at least camera tilt... like literally completely useless??

That's the way DJI planned to use the N1 video encoder ... Yes, it's useless in your case.
(You only feed an HDMI signal into the Lightbridge downlink, that's all)

You have to go with 3d party receivers and a secondary Remote Controller.

(Or sell the M100 and get an M600 with either a Gremsy gimbal or a Ronin-MX gimbal, that's the tool you need to accomplish your task easily)
2020-1-27
Use props
djiuser_UMXo5WbzBPrF
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I appreciate your thoughts, but the M600+MX is overkill for stills photography, I just don't need a 3kg gimbal to mount a sony A6500 or A7iii on especially when I dont need a gimbal at all.

Maybe will get an A2 and lightbridge 2 as from what I understand they do have servo control. or an A3 with the controller expansion module... both could be mounted on a relatively small custom quadcopter...

But still the main reason for the post was to find some way of making this simple setup work on a M100.
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules