Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First flight - two issues - any help?
689 5 2020-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MB Dronie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44970 ft

Portugal

So I got my mavic mini very recently and yesterday I did my first flight in a construction site and used OpenShot to create a short movie, and I found out I have two issues with it and I think it comes down to Mavic Mini.
The first one is regading the color of the movie, you can check in the YouTube video on 1:28 to 1:38. Look at the color of the river water. In real life the color is all the same but in the footage you can see a very different blue color from one side to the other of the river.

What's the reason of this and how can I solve this? It looks very strange in the final movie.

The second issue you can watch it twice in the end of the movie from 2:38 to 2:41 and then again from 2:48 to 2:52.

I pointed the camera full down and when I released the forward movement stick and the drone brakes the camera is pushed front. It happened twice - I was using Sport Mode.

Shouldn't the camera hold and resist the brake of the drone or there is some malfunction on my Mini?

Thanks for your help on this.

2020-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The first one could be an issue with white balance in auto mode, very little you can do if sun is blocked or pops out of a cloud.

The camera moving when breaking in sport mode is common with a lot of dji craft like M2 M Air etc, co nothing you can do about this .
2020-1-26
Use props
MB Dronie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44970 ft

Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 16:04
The first one could be an issue with white balance in auto mode, very little you can do if sun is blocked or pops out of a cloud.

The camera moving when breaking in sport mode is common with a lot of dji craft like M2 M Air etc, co nothing you can do about this .

Thank you for your help. Well the color issue is the most annoying really. I found a similiar issue from other person which had snow white color in the left and in the right color changed to light blue. This is the same issue I am facing with the water color in my video, so we must wait from some upgrade to our firmware from DJI to solve this.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to answer me.
2020-1-26
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

The exposure issue is probably due to a combination of the camera being more sensitive to light than your eye, along with the effect of reflections on the water from clouds & other objects.  On the second issue, the camera's max down angle is -90°.  If the camera is pointed straight down while you brake from full forward Sport mode, the drone leans back so far to brake that it takes the gimbal beyond the -90° limit.  I suspect the same would happen in that situation even in P-mode.  You'll sometimes experience the opposite effect if you fly directly into a strong wind.  The camera can't achieve level with the horizon becuse the aircraft is tilted so far forwards that it exceeds the gimbal's 30° maximum range.
2020-1-26
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
First Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Try using C-mode? It will slow everything down. Let us know how you're progressing?
2020-1-27
Use props
Ice_2k
Captain
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

MB Dronie Posted at 1-26 16:40
Thank you for your help. Well the color issue is the most annoying really. I found a similiar issue from other person which had snow white color in the left and in the right color changed to light blue. This is the same issue I am facing with the water color in my video, so we must wait from some upgrade to our firmware from DJI to solve this.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to answer me.

I am the other person but I don't think it's the same issue. In my video the camera was almost stationery and yet the color of the snow was shifting because the Mini decided to change it's WB at that point. In your movie I don't really see any color shift, it's pretty consistent as you're panning. Also, it's not really accurate to say that the color is different "in reality" as you're not looking at it from a few hundred feet up in the air, the light is probably hitting the water at completely different angles from that perspective.
As for the 2nd part of your question, Dirty Bird is pretty much right. When letting go of the stick in S mode, the drone will tilt backwards to brake as fast as possible. This probably means tilting backwards to about 30 degrees. It's not physically possible for the gimbal to go down that much to still be looking straight down at the ground. Furthermore, it doesn't really matter if you ask me. Any footage where you're going flat out and then instantly stop is not great footage anyway, you need to be smooth in your movements. Just release the stick gradually and it'll be fine.
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules