Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor housing gaps - normal?
1551 19 2020-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillyBionic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 956716 ft
United Kingdom

Hey all!

Total noob here so I'm hoping someone with some experience can help me out.

I have a pretty noticeable difference in the gap between the front arms and motor housing - is this normal? I contacted online support and showed them the photo, they said it's not a problem but it's bugging me as I've only had it a week...

Any help or advice appreciated!

BB
Mavic mini Gap v2.jpg
2020-1-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My MM also appears to have a very minimal gap difference between front motors.  It has never caused any issues and the MM has never thrown any motor errors and no noticeable difference in flying.  You can't go by my flight distance as I no longer sync flight distance due to security concerns.
2020-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BB. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. With regards to this matter. May we know if you are getting any error messages on the DJI Fly application or if you are having any issues when flying your DJI Mavic Mini? In addition, I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-27
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

when you rotate the motor 180 degrees does the gap remain the same?
2020-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Does it fly ok ? I look at many of my drones and they are not all asymmetrical in every department, I think as long as it’s not loose and working fine it’s ok, but if your OCD then go ahead and return it .
2020-1-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-27 07:56
My MM also appears to have a very minimal gap difference between front motors.  It has never caused any issues and the MM has never thrown any motor errors and no noticeable difference in flying.  You can't go by my flight distance as I no longer sync flight distance due to security concerns.

I noticed this from many users, what is the main thing to be worried about data sync?
I personally care about my data, or how could be used "against" me at any time, not that I'm doing anything illegal but drone flying seems a big risk in certain spaces.
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-28 10:17
I noticed this from many users, what is the main thing to be worried about data sync?
I personally care about my data, or how could be used "against" me at any time, not that I'm doing anything illegal but drone flying seems a big risk in certain spaces.

I think mine has just quit updating all together. I've logged out and back in on both app and forum. That used to force it to update, but it hasn't for a couple of weeks now. I'm not too worried about it though personally.
2020-1-28
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

I stopped syncing my flight records a while ago when we started receiving notifications of concern regarding Chinese manufactures electronic components. The agency I work for has what is considered by homeland security, "sensitive infrastructure" and we do not want anyone accessing our data or flight records. As a matter of fact, I have a post regarding the possibility of deleting previously synced flight records. Alas, there has been no reply. My situation is just one example of why one might not want to sync flight records.
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

1Eagle Posted at 1-28 11:17
I stopped syncing my flight records a while ago when we started receiving notifications of concern regarding Chinese manufactures electronic components. The agency I work for has what is considered by homeland security, "sensitive infrastructure" and we do not want anyone accessing our data or flight records. As a matter of fact, I have a post regarding the possibility of deleting previously synced flight records. Alas, there has been no reply. My situation is just one example of why one might not want to sync flight records.

It should be up to each individual as to whether or not to sync flight records and in a case like yours, should be able to request them to be deleted at a later date should one decide too. In the end, the choice should be ours to be able to make.
2020-1-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Posted at 1-28 11:06
I think mine has just quit updating all together. I've logged out and back in on both app and forum. That used to force it to update, but it hasn't for a couple of weeks now. I'm not too worried about it though personally.

Some users were experiencing this too, maybe server issues with so many new mavic mini owners...
Personally I like to "keep records" to myself, for analisis, but I understand that info may be going to lot of other places to be used for commercial purposes.

Would be nice to be able to select what happens, like cookies in browsers. Oh well
Happy flying Jody!
2020-1-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

1Eagle Posted at 1-28 11:17
I stopped syncing my flight records a while ago when we started receiving notifications of concern regarding Chinese manufactures electronic components. The agency I work for has what is considered by homeland security, "sensitive infrastructure" and we do not want anyone accessing our data or flight records. As a matter of fact, I have a post regarding the possibility of deleting previously synced flight records. Alas, there has been no reply. My situation is just one example of why one might not want to sync flight records.

I see that makes total sense, however then anything built in China with a camera or mic could be of concern, I don't own any smart TV and remember the news on LG tv's and Huawei being some sort of super spy thing, all my phone, tablet and laptop cameras have a 3D printed addon to "stop" the camera from seeing or recording when I don''t want to.

I mean it seems like collective paranoia, but then you talk to any software / hardware engineer and they all agree this data thing is real, affects our daily basis and moves more money than petrol already...

I guess I have to stop appearing naked in my mavic mini videos lol
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-28 11:37
Some users were experiencing this too, maybe server issues with so many new mavic mini owners...
Personally I like to "keep records" to myself, for analisis, but I understand that info may be going to lot of other places to be used for commercial purposes.

Absolutlely, I keep my own records as well. I thought it was neat at first seeing the flight distance under my avatar, not so much anymore.
2020-1-28
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-28 11:33
It should be up to each individual as to whether or not to sync flight records and in a case like yours, should be able to request them to be deleted at a later date should one decide too. In the end, the choice should be ours to be able to make.

Agreed, the decision was made for me by the agency I work for as we are held to federal standards.
2020-1-28
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-28 11:43
I see that makes total sense, however then anything built in China with a camera or mic could be of concern, I don't own any smart TV and remember the news on LG tv's and Huawei being some sort of super spy thing, all my phone, tablet and laptop cameras have a 3D printed addon to "stop" the camera from seeing or recording when I don''t want to.

I mean it seems like collective paranoia, but then you talk to any software / hardware engineer and they all agree this data thing is real, affects our daily basis and moves more money than petrol already...

LOL, yes, me too.
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-28 11:43
I see that makes total sense, however then anything built in China with a camera or mic could be of concern, I don't own any smart TV and remember the news on LG tv's and Huawei being some sort of super spy thing, all my phone, tablet and laptop cameras have a 3D printed addon to "stop" the camera from seeing or recording when I don''t want to.

I use a strip of black electrical tape on mine!!! LOL!!!!
2020-1-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Posted at 1-28 12:43
I use a strip of black electrical tape on mine!!! LOL!!!!

Equally effective! lol
2020-1-29
Use props
BillyBionic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 956716 ft
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 1-27 11:06
when you rotate the motor 180 degrees does the gap remain the same?

It seems to... although there sort of feels like the motor is a bit more 'jerky' (for want of a better word) when rotating by hand. No errors of warnings in the app though, and seems to fly fine, even in pretty strong wind so I think we're ok. Worst comes to worst I have care refresh so as long as I don't lose it I can get a replacement
2020-2-4
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-28 10:17

I'm afraid then you should never buy/register DJI/Apple/Android/Google devices/accounts. ;)

I don't trust any company nowadays as well but to be honest, I don't feel like there's anything you and me could do about it, as long as we use their products. Eventhough you can disable some stuff in my opinion this is just for the sake of silent customers but in reality they all have still full access if they want to.
2020-2-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Mizzu Posted at 2-4 06:35
I'm afraid then you should never buy/register DJI/Apple/Android/Google devices/accounts. ;)

I don't trust any company nowadays as well but to be honest, I don't feel like there's anything you and me could do about it, as long as we use their products. Eventhough you can disable some stuff in my opinion this is just for the sake of silent customers but in reality they all have still full access if they want to.

My thoughts are exactly like yours, I was asking just regarding DJI users ad what their concerns are regarding data sync. I'm well aware on how much privacy we give away by "accepting terms".

2020-2-4
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-4 07:49
My thoughts are exactly like yours, I was asking just regarding DJI users ad what their concerns are regarding data sync. I'm well aware on how much privacy we give away by "accepting terms".

Yes. Sad world...
2020-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules