Extension rod broken
1870 9 2020-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

Last summer I purchased the Osmo Pocket extension rod as soon as it went on sale. (Direct from DJI)
I've used it a few times, but not heavily so imagine my disappointment on Sunday when the retaining clip just snapped and broke off while taking the Osmo pocket back out again.

I'm really not impressed with the build quality of the retaining clip as something which isn't even a year old with very limited use should not have broken.
Has anyone else experienced the clip snapping off?
2020-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern, I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) for further assistance. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-1-27
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Which option am I supposed to select as the repair option only lists the Osmo Pocket and not the extension rod?
Do I need to e-mail to get the extension rod replaced?
2020-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dronieuk Posted at 1-27 10:02
Which option am I supposed to select as the repair option only lists the Osmo Pocket and not the extension rod?
Do I need to e-mail to get the extension rod replaced?

Hi. Thank you for the prompt response. With regards to the repair for your DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod. It would be best for you to send an email at support@dji.com indicating the issues that you are facing with the said extension rod and for us to be able to assists you and provide the proper resolution for this matter. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for support.
2020-1-27
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Feeling confident there, dronieuk ?

I'm thinking a couple rubber bands is your best hope. The pocket"attaches" by itself. The retainer simply keeps the pressure off the attachment.
2020-1-27
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Netherlands

Can't say I'm too happy.
Support replied and said they won't replace the broken extension rod as the warranty for accessories is only 6 months.
My warranty ran out on the 18th Jan only one week before the rod broke.

Thanks a lot DJI. I'd understand if I'd dropped it and broke it, but the thing broke through normal use.
I won't be purchasing anything from the DJI store that's for certain as any good UK retailer would have replaced the faulty item.

It reminds me of the trouble I had getting DJI to replace my Mavic air when it had a mind if it's own and tried to fly off into a tree. It took DJI weeks to accept it wasn't user error and finally completely replace the drone.
So I guess the osmo pocket will be my last dji purchase.
2020-2-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

dronieuk Posted at 2-11 09:42
Can't say I'm too happy.
Support replied and said they won't replace the broken extension rod as the warranty for accessories is only 6 months.
My warranty ran out on the 18th Jan only one week before the rod broke.

There you have it!
2020-2-11
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So would someone from DJI care to explain this??? The only item mentioned as only having a 6 month warranty is the battery itself??
2020-2-11
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with DJI that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product for less than 6 years and a previous attempt at repair or replacement has also failed, I am within my statutory rights to ask for it to be replaced at no further cost to me.

An extension rod where the plastic laterally crumbles is not of satisfactory quality.
2020-2-12
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I can't replace your extension rod. So, I'll leave you with this:

award.jpg
2020-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules