Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Won't Fly
3555 18 2020-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

I purchased the preferred setup DJI recommended,  DJI Air unit with F4+F55A PROII HD and T-Motor F40 KV2400.
The kit includes wire so you don´t need to soldering anything, I've activated all three pieces via DJI, and I've paired all devices with each other.  My ignorance comes in Betaflight. In the ports is has UART5 selected which I assume is the right UART. I've read that I need to UART 2 to configuration/MSP but when I connect everything and try to arm the rotors nothing happens. But here's where I'm probably messing up
1. I assume the arm gesture is to pull both sticks down and in, towards eachother (which doesn't work)
2. There's something more in Betalight that I need to do, and don't know to do.
3. I may hove done the wiring wrong but when I provide it power, each chip lights up, and the startup three-tone sounds comes on, along with a slight jolt in each rotor.

Any information you can provide this very amateur pilot would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Also, shout out to DroneAway Sweden. I'm learning from your thread.
2020-1-27
Use props
CJW1964
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912933 ft
United Kingdom

Try Joshua Bradwell. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwjrzaH8z6TnAhUySEEAHSRCBAIQwqsBMAF6BAgJEAc&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DN8oMMG2kmns&usg=AOvVaw2_o7uub9SlYn5gCxm0cEtT
2020-1-27
Use props
CJW1964
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Try Joshua Bradwell. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwjrzaH8z6TnAhUySEEAHSRCBAIQwqsBMAF6BAgJEAc&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DN8oMMG2kmns&usg=AOvVaw2_o7uub9SlYn5gCxm0cEtT
2020-1-27
Use props
CJW1964
lvl.4
United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mX6gIdIrZ4

Try Joshua Bradwell
2020-1-27
Use props
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

CJW1964 Posted at 1-27 12:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mX6gIdIrZ4

i checked out his stuff and he has very good trouble shooting techniqes but I think my problem is further rooted than this step. I do not know how to make it so my DJI Controller is what flys my quadcopter. I need to find out how to set it so that the controller, controls the drone. Since there's no sodering, i do not know what UART's I'm supposed to configure
2020-2-1
Use props
Kreeze
Second Officer

United States

KingKimo Posted at 2-1 11:28
i checked out his stuff and he has very good trouble shooting techniqes but I think my problem is further rooted than this step. I do not know how to make it so my DJI Controller is what flys my quadcopter. I need to find out how to set it so that the controller, controls the drone. Since there's no sodering, i do not know what UART's I'm supposed to configure

Arming your FPV quad is done by flipping a switch, not by moving the sticks like on DJI drones. To find out which switch is your arming switch, plug in your quad to a battery and then to your computer (make sure your propellers are OFF so you can't get hurt), turn on your controller and go look at the receiver tab in Betaflight. Once there you can confirm if your controller is successfully bound to your flight controller by moving around your sticks. If the bars don't move when you flip your switches and move your sticks you will know that you're either not bound correctly to your air unit or your flight controller is not properly configured to accept input from the air unit. If the bars DO move, take note of which switches change which AUX channels and then go to the modes tab and look for the ARM range which should already be bound to an AUX channel. That will tell you which switch you need to flip to arm your quad. Please note that your throttle must be all the way down and your quad must be flat on the ground before it will arm.
2020-2-1
Use props
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

Kreeze Posted at 2-1 14:18
Arming your FPV quad is done by flipping a switch, not by moving the sticks like on DJI drones. To find out which switch is your arming switch, plug in your quad to a battery and then to your computer (make sure your propellers are OFF so you can't get hurt), turn on your controller and go look at the receiver tab in Betaflight. Once there you can confirm if your controller is successfully bound to your flight controller by moving around your sticks. If the bars don't move when you flip your switches and move your sticks you will know that you're either not bound correctly to your air unit or your flight controller is not properly configured to accept input from the air unit. If the bars DO move, take note of which switches change which AUX channels and then go to the modes tab and look for the ARM range which should already be bound to an AUX channel. That will tell you which switch you need to flip to arm your quad. Please note that your throttle must be all the way down and your quad must be flat on the ground before it will arm.

Thank you. You spoke of the problem I'm having, or at least how far I've gotten. The bars do not move, and I assume (like you said) that something isn't configured properly. Therin lies my problem, I'm not sure what to check, change, or properly config (since I'm new to all this)
2020-2-2
Use props
Kreeze
Second Officer

United States

KingKimo Posted at 2-2 08:59
Thank you. You spoke of the problem I'm having, or at least how far I've gotten. The bars do not move, and I assume (like you said) that something isn't configured properly. Therin lies my problem, I'm not sure what to check, change, or properly config (since I'm new to all this)

Ok, so your controller isn't talking to your flight controller. Give this video a watch (ignoring the soldering parts since yours is already connected via a plug) and follow Drew's instructions: You should be able to get your controller working.
2020-2-2
Use props
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

Kreeze Posted at 2-2 14:57
Ok, so your controller isn't talking to your flight controller. Give this video a watch (ignoring the soldering parts since yours is already connected via a plug) and follow Drew's instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA9eAroS_6I. You should be able to get your controller working.

Can you post the link, the embedded player isn't working or sending me to the YouTube video. Thanks again.
2020-2-2
Use props
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

Kreeze Posted at 2-2 14:57
Ok, so your controller isn't talking to your flight controller. Give this video a watch (ignoring the soldering parts since yours is already connected via a plug) and follow Drew's instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA9eAroS_6I. You should be able to get your controller working.

Can you post the link, the embedded player isn't working or sending me to the YouTube video. Thanks again.
2020-2-2
Use props
Kreeze
Second Officer

United States

KingKimo Posted at 2-2 18:57

sure, sorry about that youtube.com/watch?v=mA9eAroS_6I
2020-2-3
Use props
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

Kreeze Posted at 2-3 16:15
sure, sorry about that youtube.com/watch?v=mA9eAroS_6I

Thank you. This did give me a little more info but still not what I'm missing. Thank you though.
2020-2-4
Use props
Kreeze
Second Officer

United States

KingKimo Posted at 2-4 15:08
Thank you. This did give me a little more info but still not what I'm missing. Thank you though.

I would recommend watching through Rotor Riot's Learn to FPV series. Tons of fantastic info about FPV. Keep in mind it was made before the DJI FPV System existed but it should get you up to speed https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXKJ80BTT1lZcALEDN6KZIHH3eoTbV7KD
2020-2-4
Use props
TechnoCore
lvl.3

United States

1. When you power the controller and the air unit does the controller light turn green after a few seconds?
    If not then it wasn't paired properly
2. Ports - Serial Rx
    Tmotor F4 HD uses UART5 for the SBUS connection to the controller. Make sure Serial Rx is on for UART5, no other UART should have Serial Rx enabled.
    Link to tmotor doc that shows UART port
    Save and Reboot
3. Configuration - Receiver
    In Configuration tab, select Serial-based in the 1st dropdown, and select SBUS in the 2nd. There is a highspeed mode but I suggest you get it working normally first. Looking through the goggles make sure in Settings > Device > Protocol it says "Normal", unless of course you've ran this command into betaflight cli "set sbus_baud_fast = ON"
    Save and reboot
4. Receiver
    With your quad on and the controller on + green light, check for movement in the Receiver tab. Moving the sticks should move the bars. The correct channel map (if the wrong bars move) is AETR1234
5. Modes
   To arm the quad you must setup arming on a switch, you should use a switch that's really easy for you to flip, and I think it's safest to use the middle position on a 3 position switch, so moving it either towards you or away from you will disarm, nice if you are panicked.
   In Modes tab, if ARM already is there, remove it with X in the upper right. Then Click Add Range below the ARM mode, it will say Auto in the dropdown. Move the switch you want to use and AUTO will change to the correct AUX channel. Use the sliders to specify the range in which it should be armed.

Save, disconnect, powercycle and see if it works!
2020-2-6
Use props
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

TechnoCore Posted at 2-6 12:28
1. When you power the controller and the air unit does the controller light turn green after a few seconds?
2. Ports - Serial Rx

I do have a green light and I will try this when I get home. Thank you ahead of time, you gave me the exact information I was looking for. I'll update later today.
2020-2-7
Use props
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

2. Ports - Serial Rx

THAT WORKED! Exactly what I needed. Thank you....but now, it seems like my throttle is way too touchy. When I arm and tap the throttle just barely, it goes nuts and spins in a circle.  If you're willing to provide more help for the eager beginner I would be immensely grateful
2020-2-8
Use props
BULGE_IN
New

United States

KingKimo Posted at 2-8 13:27
THAT WORKED! Exactly what I needed. Thank you....but now, it seems like my throttle is way too touchy. When I arm and tap the throttle just barely, it goes nuts and spins in a circle.  If you're willing to provide more help for the eager beginner I would be immensely grateful

Hey,

I had the same issue with my iFlight DC3... spent several hours messing around with BetaFlight and trying firmware flashes...

I would arm the quad, the motors would spin, and the slightest throttle would make it go haywire. Finally noticed in the first screen that the picture of the quad that (is supposed to) mirror the attitude (pitch forward, roll, yaw, etc.) wasn't tracking correctly. Ended up that the gyro's weren't setup correctly in the configuration tab. Mine has a dual gyro setup, so I turned off one at a time and figured out the correct setting... for me it ended up 270CW on gyro #1 and 90CW on Gyro #2. Then it flew perfectly!!

2020-2-14
Use props
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

BULGE_IN Posted at 2-14 22:14
Hey,

I had the same issue with my iFlight DC3... spent several hours messing around with BetaFlight and trying firmware flashes...

Thank you. I'll look into that today and report back.
2020-2-15
Use props
KingKimo
lvl.1
United States

2. Ports - Serial Rx

Would you mind sharing what correct firmware flash you know of? I'm currently using TMOTORF4 4.1.4
2020-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules