I Found A Solution For Noisy Night Shots
3183 14 2020-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneMrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49938 ft
Turkey

Hi everyone. I created a tutorial video for reducing the noise in Manic Mini's night shots. I used Final Cut Pro but Adobe Premiere can do the same thing.   
Thanks to Mavic Mini's little camera censor and native oversharpened settings, Mavic Mini's footage is quite noisy at night shots. But i found a little little trick will solve both problem without compromising nearly no quality. Because normally noise reduction reduces quality with blurring the video. But this is an advantage for us. This blurring balances the Mini's oversharpened camera. Hope you guys like it.

MAVİC MİNİ NOISE REDUCTION TUTORIAL</d
2020-1-27
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Very interesting tutorial

I can speculate 1080p 25fps slowed down to 24fps or 1080p 30fps might look even better providing the scene doesn't move too quickly to avoid camera blur and possibly gaining a little bit more light if exposure times are regulated accordingly or the ISO lowered to maintain the same EV.
2020-1-27
Use props
DroneMrone
lvl.1
Turkey

Thx for the reply!
I suspected maybe 1080p 30fps has more room in 40mb/s bandwidth and provide a better picture with less compression.
And checked 1080p 30fps, 1080p 60fps, 2.7k. 30fps with same night scene shots.  And cant see any clear difference. So i continued with 2.7k 30fps.
2020-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey thank you very much, great tip .
2020-1-27
Use props
DroneMrone
lvl.1
Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 15:17
Hey thank you very much, great tip .

I hope its useful for you. This is my first video tutorial. Positive feedbacks are great!
2020-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good tip, thanks for sharing.
2020-1-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Cool thanks for sharing!
2020-1-28
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

If you have video editing software that does not include noise reduction, Neat Video is a great plugin for many video editors. I've been using it for a while to reduce noise in video with Vegas/Sony Movie editor.

https://www.neatvideo.com/home

On a side note, I can't imagine why they are trying to regulate drones out of existence.
2020-1-28
Use props
DroneMrone
lvl.1
Turkey

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-28 04:30
If you have video editing software that does not include noise reduction, Neat Video is a great plugin for many video editors. I've been using it for a while to reduce noise in video with Vegas/Sony Movie editor.

https://www.neatvideo.com/home

Great tip. Neat is maybe the best third party solution about noise reduction as I heard.
BTW none of the ND tools is a magic pill. If we try to compensate our poor lightning choices with ND. Mostly result will be bad.  
First we need to learn mavic minis limits. Then we need to adapt our videography skills to mini.  With that way ND is a cool tool.
2020-1-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice, thank you for taking the time to put it together and sharing it!! As always, safe and fun flying!!
2020-1-28
Use props
DroneMrone
lvl.1
Turkey

JodyB Posted at 1-28 05:43
Very nice, thank you for taking the time to put it together and sharing it!! As always, safe and fun flying!!

Thx for the feedback! Hope you like it. By the way. Noise is a lot more obvious in 2.7k on computer screen. Youtube compression makes it a little bit less noisy.
2020-1-28
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94580 ft
Spain

Very sad to see there are idiots flying drones above cars / people.  Now, i understand why needs drone laws and regulations everywhere.  Because of stupid drone pilots this small drone must be registered soon.
2020-1-28
Use props
DroneMrone
lvl.1
Turkey

MM_Pro Posted at 1-28 09:02
Very sad to see there are idiots flying drones above cars / people.  Now, i understand why needs drone laws and regulations everywhere.  Because of stupid drone pilots this small drone must be registered soon.

Hello MM_Pro. I think I am the idiot who you are talking about. Btw you should calm down. No need to drama.

I shot this video in TURKEY. So in Turkey there is no permission to fly a drone. (there is. but only in little fly zones which there is only one in every city. So """  the laws. If i live in a country with which restrictions makes sense, i think i can agree with them. But not here..

On the other hand -250g law is about  the damage it can give to properties. I dont think its about flying above people.  

No offense. Have a great day.
2020-1-28
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

MM_Pro Posted at 1-28 09:02

FYI, in the US is not illegal to fly drones over cars or people. FAA simply asks recreational pilots to "never fly over groups of people, public events, or stadiums full of people". I would personally avoid flying directly over a busy road, but technically I don't think it's illegal.
2020-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I always shoot -EV in low light.
Not only on my drone.
Rather have less noise than the good (average) exposure.
2020-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules