2592 5 2020-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was thinking about getting a cheaper phone with a large screen to fly my Mini with.

Does LG V40 ThinQ work with Fly App?

It's not coming up on compatible list ??

Cheers

Marty
2020-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Marty. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( LG V40 ThinQ ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. There is a possibility that the LG V40 ThinQ will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.
2020-1-28
Use props
DangerZone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98061 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 07:34
Hello and good day Marty. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( LG V40 ThinQ ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. There is a possibility that the LG V40 ThinQ will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

Hello Stephen,

I’m using the LG V40 thinQ with my Mavic mini and everything seems to work fine other than the real time position gauge.  Any updates on this matter yet?  It makes my Mini appear that it’s on the wrong side even when it’s right in front of me and the controller.  It’s frustrating at times when I have no visual of the drone  and lose connection when I’m not pointing the antennas directly to the drone.  Any info or updates will be greatly appreciated.  Be safe and thanks in advance.  

Al
2020-3-14
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Marty; my sister is using the V40 with the Mini and the Fly App without issue.  I am using the V50 without issue too. If it doesn't appear in the Play store, just download the app directly from DJI.com/downloads and install it that way.  

Cheers
Ian
2020-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DangerZone Posted at 3-14 20:16
Hello Stephen,

I’m using the LG V40 thinQ with my Mavic mini and everything seems to work fine other than the real time position gauge.  Any updates on this matter yet?  It makes my Mini appear that it’s on the wrong side even when it’s right in front of me and the controller.  It’s frustrating at times when I have no visual of the drone  and lose connection when I’m not pointing the antennas directly to the drone.  Any info or updates will be greatly appreciated.  Be safe and thanks in advance.  

Hello and good day Al. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information about using the LG V40 thinQ when flying your DJI Mavic Mini. As of the moment we still have no updates if there are additiona mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-3-15
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ian in London Posted at 3-14 23:36
Hi Marty; my sister is using the V40 with the Mini and the Fly App without issue.  I am using the V50 without issue too. If it doesn't appear in the Play store, just download the app directly from DJI.com/downloads and install it that way.  

Cheers

Thanks, Ian
2020-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules