No FPV Update- Android (Downgraded from Lollipop)
2102 11 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbuhler
lvl.1

United States

Ever since I got my Phantom, I was never able to get a video feed and fly with FPV.  Upon receiving my P3, I immediately updated to:
Firmware 1.19
Pilot App 1.10

I was also running a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Lollipop 5.0.1

Today I just tried downgrading from Android 5.01 to Android 4.4.2 with the same firmware and pilot app.

Success!!   

So there appears to be an issue between the DJI Pilot 1.1.0 app and Android 5.0.1 because it ran just fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4 on that version of Android.

Working in the technology industry and having quite a bit of knowledge on hardware specs, I have always been skeptical of people saying that you need to upgrade to more modern hardware, Nvidia Shield tablet.  People kept saying that older mobile handset devices were too slow to stream 720p video, which would be odd since I can stream it just fine from other sources.

So I hope this helps the DJI development team in figuring out how to address the issue.   At this point I'm just glad I can fully utilize my Phantom for the time being.

2015-6-12
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I never had a freezing issue on my android , tonight I'm updating to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop  23.1.A.1.28 firmware on my Sony Z2 . Will let you know if I have any issues .. And thanks for your info .
2015-6-12
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great observation mbuhler, I'm sure this will help others. Thanks.
2015-6-12
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Netherlands

i can try downgrading my note 3 back to 4.4.2 and see if that solves the issue
2015-6-13
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

Can't fly - rain and more rain here ...  Soon I will do some testing ...
2015-6-14
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Total Posted at 2015-6-13 08:08
I never had a freezing issue on my android , tonight I'm updating to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop  23.1.A. ...

Dont do it you will be sorry wait!! wait!!
2015-6-14
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

I did have D6503_23.1.A.0.726_R7C_Customized HK  with no issues ...     that is 2 versions above what I have installed now ......
2015-6-14
Use props
chasd.harris
lvl.2

United States

I discovered this 2 weeks ago when my Samsung Galaxy Tab S updated to Lollypop 5.01.  The Pilot app kept freezing and crashing in FPV and I could not change video or camera settings.  The tablet had worked fine before the upgrade. I am still having these issues and flying very carefully while waiting for an update to the Pilot app to (hopefully) take care of this.
2015-6-14
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

chasd.harris@gm Posted at 2015-6-15 09:16
I discovered this 2 weeks ago when my Samsung Galaxy Tab S updated to Lollypop 5.01.  The Pilot app  ...

checked out the Sony Z2 phone with the new Android 5.02 23.1A.1.28 firmware and the Dji Pilot 1.1.0 app , worked as before . But I never had the app freeze / shutdown , etc ...  same old ....
2015-6-14
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I just finished flying my P3P for perhaps the last time, Its dangerous, something is going to happen and its going to damage itself. I cannot afford that, I haven't even received my second battery yet.  I have had this thing for a month now and the situation just keeps getting worse.  I am contacting where I got this and pay pal to be certain I do not run out of time to send it back, it is parked.  The last update made things worse.  Every time I come back and land from a flight I still have 20 to 60 ft. showing on my alt,  with the lag so bad now on my tab s 4.4.2 that I cant fly it.  I could at least fly it on the 4.4.2 tab s before this update, this is to much, I have a tab s with lollipop on it also, may as well not even turn it on. Check to see how long you have to return,  I am contacting seller on ebay and pay pal right now, this puppy is going back.  I'm done stick a fork in me.  Do not let the return time run out, contact your credit card company.
2015-6-16
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

How do you down grade the Lollipop 5.0.2 back to Kit-Kat 4.4.2? I have a Samsung Tab-S 8.4  Using P3P Firmware 1.2.6
Also, what does Google play services do for the P3 P, Anything, Details please.
2015-6-16
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

You have to root the phone or tablet and use custom firmware...    Go to xda developers web site and search for your device and there will be instructions and the files you need to root the android device and install a custom recovery and firmware
2015-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules