Crazy Gimble Dance
880 5 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

So all has been going absolutly great with my Inspire, till today.
I got ready to go out for a little zip around the fields and while I was calibrating the compass, I noticed the camera gimble go limp. And I had "No Signal" displayed. Strang, it never did that before. So I turned off the bird and turned it back on. Well it scared the crap out of me, the gimble spun so hard I thought it would throw the camera across the yard. Strange, never did that before either. One more time, I turn it off and back on, and brace myself, it does exactly what it's supposed to do and everything is working fine. I take off and fly low and slow, everything works great, no problems. I burn off that battery without a hic up, I did some video recording and I took a fwe still pictures, everything working great, right, NOT.
I turn it off, put in a new battery, turn it on and POW the gimble goes into the funky chicken again. That's it no more flying till I figure this one out!!!

I took her into the house, pulled the gimble and camera off and cleaned and inspected every contact point and harness connection I could find without tearing her apart.
I calibrated the IMU, Compass, and Gimble. Turn it off and back on (this time I set up my GoPro) as you will see in the clip it does the dance 4 times then it works properly but the gimble calibration takes twice as long as usual. It seemed like it didn't know where to look.

If anybody has experianced this and knows of a fix I'd sure like to hear about it. At this point I'm really hoping it's hardware and not software related. I don't want to send it in for repairs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fred

2015-6-12
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Check the cables connecting the camera and gimbal...I am not sure if the gimbal and camera are faulty since it did a successful calibration already...I would check the cables because that is my first guess...let us know
2015-6-12
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

mountmotor Posted at 2015-6-13 08:46
Check the cables connecting the camera and gimbal...I am not sure if the gimbal and camera are fault ...

Thank you, I plan to tear the body off tomorrow and check everything, I will definitely keep everyone posted.
2015-6-12
Use props
Shawnd
lvl.2
United States

Wow. That smacks pretty hard. Waiting to see what you find. I have one that reacts way worse than that.
2015-6-12
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Sorry, hope you fix it without send it in...
2015-6-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the contact pins on the top and bottom of the gimbal connector.  They are fairly fragile.  It has also been suggested that you check the ribbon cables where they plug into the mount.  If you have someone nearby that has an Inspire you may want to see if their gimbal reacts the same way.  That would help isolate the problem.
2015-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules