12Next >
4373 68 2020-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

Ive get my new MM yesterday, and make my first flight today in my lunch pause.

After switching the first time ever to sport mode and flying 50 meters the drone droped.

https://app.airdata.com/share/pdHdSn

luckyly it was just 2m abouve ground and nothing bad happend.

I made further investigations and notices that this drone climbs ~5m / 50m in sport Mode what my old has not done.
After flying some rounds in sport mode it drops again and recovers 30cm above ground.

I could see this ca 5 times during 2 akkus flight time.

2020-1-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2. Please check the propellers for any damages and if damages are found, please replace them to avoid any issues when flying the drone. In addition, please try to fly your drone in different location with less or no interference to see if issue persists. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-28
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

This was the first flight direct from the Bag of the Combo, the Props are absoulutly perfect.
I have tried to use DJI Assistent 2 on 2 Windows 10 Computers and on both it shows only "Waiting for backend..." yes i tried also with antivirus and firewall off...
Ill re-try this on another location. But it was on an field without telegraphic or power lines near.
2020-1-28
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

You could try reverting to firmware v01.00.0300. This drop issue started happening after v01.00.0400 and I specifically didn't update my mini because of it. I am still on v01.00.0300 and it flies flawlessly.
2020-1-28
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Bjord Posted at 1-28 13:18
You could try reverting to firmware v01.00.0300. This drop issue started happening after v01.00.0400 and I specifically didn't update my mini because of it. I am still on v01.00.0300 and it flies flawlessly.

Its a bit hard to do that without working DJI Assistent 2 ;)
I will see if i get it running on my workign pc.

I thougth it could be also an Battery issue, the most of my batterys has shown an possible update with this drone. (No idea why on my "old" drone this update never shown up)
So i updated all Batterys yesterday evening (the one i had in the drone during update to 1.0.4 was ok)
But the Test flight today morning shows that the issue still persists.
2020-1-28
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

RE: Another "drop"

I think I've noticed the "climbs ~5m / 50m" problem too, but isn't my main concern at the moment.

Far more life threatening problems clasp my Mini. Like lost connection between MD (mobile device) and RC announced as RC connection lost with AC and Failsafe RTH initiating (which is not).
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

m80116 Posted at 1-29 00:06
I think I've noticed the "climbs ~5m / 50m" problem too, but isn't my main concern at the moment.

Far more life threatening problems clasp my Mini. Like lost connection between MD (mobile device) and RC announced as RC connection lost with AC and Failsafe RTH initiating (which is not).

For me its other way around.
Ive noticed the diconnects between RC and Mobile but just re-inserting the Connector fixes this every time to me. After the second RC that has this problem i can also confirm that its an problem of the series and abter 3 cables i can also confirm its an problem of the RC (i think the connector is bad).

But the drop after flying 5 mins in sport mode is more scary to me. Espiecially flying over water is not possible with this issue. At leat when DJI dont replaces the drone if you cant recover it from the water.
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Downgraded to 1.0.3 (just the AC, have others downgraded the RC also ?)
Taken an flight 10 mins ago, and i had the same issue after flying straight lines after 5 mins
so i can NOT CONFIRM that downgrading to 1.0.3 solves this issue (for me)

Even the Climb rates flying forward seems to be nearly the same on 1.0.3 (maybe its a bit better on 1.0.3 but that could be just an feeling)

2020-1-29
Use props
Lipscombe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 507854 ft

Canada

Christian U Posted at 1-29 03:37
Downgraded to 1.0.3 (just the AC, have others downgraded the RC also ?)
Taken an flight 10 mins ago, and i had the same issue after flying straight lines after 5 mins
so i can NOT CONFIRM that downgrading to 1.0.3 solves this issue (for me)

I don't believe it is a 1.0.4 issue.  I have been hearing about, and experienced this issue once, with firmware 1.0.3.  I haven't had a chance to fly with 1.0.4 yet myself due to the weather.

2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

My best idea is that its an overheating issue, but yesterday this happens 30secs after switching to sport mode and today ive flown 2x5mins in sport mode befor it happend.
I hope all the time DJI could give more clearence here, iam pretty sure the developers must be able to reproduce it but seems that the admins have no clue.
2020-1-29
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Christian U Posted at 1-29 04:11
My best idea is that its an overheating issue, but yesterday this happens 30secs after switching to sport mode and today ive flown 2x5mins in sport mode befor it happend.
I hope all the time DJI could give more clearence here, iam pretty sure the developers must be able to reproduce it but seems that the admins have no clue.

It isn't over heat and .0400 firmware (released on 31 Dec). I flew in Jiuzhai Valley China on the 25th Dec. It was bearly above zero C.  I had a scary drop over water after flying in sport mode. It is all documented in this post. Sadly no real solution so far because it is very hard to replicate, only happened that one time. DJI said it is a barometer fault and free repair is to be offered. I did not accept their repair. I think the barometer was ok (the data was ok). I had a theory that the reduction in pressure due to a quick change of airspeed  was misinterpreted as unwanted ascend so mini 'drops' to correct itself. I tried to replicate it back in Australia but nothing that extreme occured ever again. I could only see a noticeable climb when mini goes full speed ahead in S mode, when it stops it slowly drops to the start height. That behavior had been seen in other DJI drone like MP2 though.
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Guorium Posted at 1-29 05:34
It isn't over heat and .0400 firmware (released on 31 Dec). I flew in Jiuzhai Valley China on the 25th Dec. It was bearly above zero C.  I had a scary drop over water after flying in sport mode. It is all documented in this post. Sadly no real solution so far because it is very hard to replicate, only happened that one time. DJI said it is a barometer fault and free repair is to be offered. I did not accept their repair. I think the barometer was ok (the data was ok). I had a theory that the reduction in pressure due to a quick change of airspeed  was misinterpreted as unwanted ascend so mini 'drops' to correct itself. I tried to replicate it back in Australia but nothing that extreme occured ever again. I could only see a noticeable climb when mini goes full speed ahead in S mode, when it stops it slowly drops to the start height. That behavior had been seen in other DJI drone like MP2 though.

I upload flight data fro 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 flights from today this evening.
I cannot confirm that airspeed changes when this issue occours, ive flown in ~2m height full spped in sport mode with constant speed (flown lines for and back) and the drop happens on both flights after 5m doing this. At time i think i can reproduce it for my Mini always this way.

I have also an Log doing the same on my old mini and there i didnt get this after flying an whole battery down (flying back and for).
(my old mini is in repair at time cause one arm is broken due fall of my hand (really idiotic issue))
2020-1-29
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

Christian U Posted at 1-28 23:34
Its a bit hard to do that without working DJI Assistent 2 ;)
I will see if i get it running on my workign pc.

How did you update your batteries?  I ran the firmware update yesterday via DJI Fly and nothing was mentioned about the battery, nor was there a prompt to update it.
2020-1-29
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Tervist Posted at 1-29 06:52
How did you update your batteries?  I ran the firmware update yesterday via DJI Fly and nothing was mentioned about the battery, nor was there a prompt to update it.

Don’t go directly to camera view in the app, go to the launch screen, if there are updates you’ll see the prompt there
2020-1-29
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-29 08:19
Don’t go directly to camera view in the app, go to the launch screen, if there are updates you’ll see the prompt there

My app opens with the launch screen and I saw the firmware update message there and went ahead and updated. Would you know how I can verify if my batteries are in sync with the firmware?
2020-1-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Christian U Posted at 1-29 00:14
For me its other way around.
Ive noticed the diconnects between RC and Mobile but just re-inserting the Connector fixes this every time to me. After the second RC that has this problem i can also confirm that its an problem of the series and abter 3 cables i can also confirm its an problem of the RC (i think the connector is bad).

We're talking about the very same problem judging by your description.

Let's keep in touch with in PM.
I have the same problem with disconnection between RC and MD, and I too believe it's not the cable. I've noticed it can happen many times in a raw but so far to pile up so many times just happened in the very same place twice (series of disconnection) or sporadically near it. Tbh the palce is quite remote so I have no idea what is at play there but seems like the RC is affected picking up some noise that causes disconnection.
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Tervist Posted at 1-29 08:41
My app opens with the launch screen and I saw the firmware update message there and went ahead and updated. Would you know how I can verify if my batteries are in sync with the firmware?

in that case you cannot do anything, for me it was the same with my old mini but with my new the update message appear for all batteries.
i thought my batteries where updated before cause ive get them after 1.0.4 was out from dji
you also can try with dji assistent 2 it tells an firmware incostent message then
2020-1-29
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tervist Posted at 1-29 08:41

Only the prompt screen, nothing in the app or Airdata app unfortunately
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Flight today Morning with Firmware 1.0.4(00)
Drop happend after 12min in Sport Mode

Flight today lunch with Firmware 1.0.3(00)
Drop happend after 13min20 in Sort Mode
2020-1-29
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Christian U Posted at 1-29 13:41
Flight today Morning with Firmware 1.0.4(00)
Drop happend after 12min in Sport Mode
[view_image]

I have two questions for the two flights you recorded.

1. The 1.0.4 flight had a drop for about 2m according to the data. Could you visually confirm that it was about 2m?

2. Did you notice in the 1.0.3 flight your down stick command at 7650 did not cause a change in altitude at all?
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Guorium Posted at 1-29 17:01
I have two questions for the two flights you recorded.

1. The 1.0.4 flight had a drop for about 2m according to the data. Could you visually confirm that it was about 2m?

Your right, maybe i misinterpreted the 1.0.4 log. I remember surely that i had an drop issue during the morning Flight but that might not be the situation ive marked.
The marked Situation is during flying backwards.
I remember that the morning drop was not so deep and recovered 20-30cm over the ground.

The 1.0.3 situation was much more clear since it endes in the Motor blocked issue the motors are stopped grom the grass on the ground.

My plan was to redo the 1.0.4 Test since i have updated 1.0.4 with DJI Assistent yesterday (Before 1.0.4 was updated with the App). And also i will see if i can reproduce the issue in P-Mode, if iam save in P-Mode thats an situation i can accept (temporarily).
2020-1-29
Use props
dutch937
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322461 ft
Mexico

Lipscombe Posted at 1-29 04:00
I don't believe it is a 1.0.4 issue.  I have been hearing about, and experienced this issue once, with firmware 1.0.3.  I haven't had a chance to fly with 1.0.4 yet myself due to the weather.

For me, it only happened in the latest FW update.
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Hers the 1.0.4 Log from 2 days ago on the maiden flight of this mini its much more clear, and ive learned that Frap can mark this situations ;) (The red area in Altitude)
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

i have to revert that my old mini dont had the issue, seems to be ive found it also on logs from that mini
but it never ends on the ground there

2020-1-29
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Christian U Posted at 1-29 20:04
[view_image]
Hers the 1.0.4 Log from 2 days ago on the maiden flight of this mini its much more clear, and ive learned that Frap can mark this situations ;) (The red area in Altitude)

Again that data reports a 4 meters drop. Did you see that with your eyes? Was it dropping fast?
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Guorium Posted at 1-29 20:58
Again that data reports a 4 meters drop. Did you see that with your eyes? Was it dropping fast?

Yes, its dropped in i would think 2 secs, we can look in the flight record for an exact time. But those drops are i would think nearly the speed like an emergency langing when the battery is down.

I was flying half an hour ago and have produced the next 2 logs. I think i can safely reproduce the issue.
First time it happend again after ~12min
Then i recalibrate the IMU and flied further with an fresh akku.
I think after ~6min the next drop with fresh calibrated IMU occours.

Ill add the Logs this evening.
2020-1-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

dutch937 Posted at 1-29 19:52
For me, it only happened in the latest FW update.

could you please confirm that with 1.0.3 and flying an battery down in sports mode only ~100m straight away and back in ~2-5m height that should be minimal risk for your device and doing that i could reproduce the issue every flight.
importand is to not have pauses between the lines so that cooling down is impossible
2020-1-30
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Tried one full Battery in P-Mode in same manner as in S-Mode and ther was no issue, so it seems in P-Mode we are save.
I think the advice should be: Dont fly in S-Mode after Flight Minute 10 over Water or nearby Trees where you dont get the drone recovered
2020-1-30
Use props
Miixxa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280682 ft
Finland

You might still want to test it with another prop set. Props can be (and have been for many people) bad straight out from the box...
The props can be faulty in ways you can't really see.
2020-1-30
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Miixxa Posted at 1-30 07:37
You might still want to test it with another prop set. Props can be (and have been for many people) bad straight out from the box...
The props can be faulty in ways you can't really see.

If you can tell me an Fact based Reason, ill do.
1. This is an brand new Drone directly from Package that has surely been tested in the Factory. I cannot imagine that the props should have Problems by factory.

2. It happens after ~12mins Flight Time every time ill try it to reproduce in different Locations on different Places in that Locations. How will you explain an aerodynamic Problem that behave like this ?
2020-1-30
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

This whole change your props is clouding the issue, my props have been in terrible state with scratches and chips (chips from prop hitting AC body... another issue), with over 60 flights I’ve never had a drop issue, I’m sure this is a bug in the firmware and waiting for DJI to fix it so I can fly with some confidence again.
2020-1-31
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-31 02:57
This whole change your props is clouding the issue, my props have been in terrible state with scratches and chips (chips from prop hitting AC body... another issue), with over 60 flights I’ve never had a drop issue, I’m sure this is a bug in the firmware and waiting for DJI to fix it so I can fly with some confidence again.

Maybe my english is to bad to understand your first sentense part, or its an phrase.
So you want to tell me that you dont belive that this issue exists, correct ?
2020-1-31
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Christian U Posted at 1-31 05:08
Maybe my english is to bad to understand your first sentense part, or its an phrase.
So you want to tell me that you dont belive that this issue exists, correct ?

I absolutely believe this issue exists, but I don’t believe it’s propeller related.  I believe it’s an issue with software and we’ll see a firmware fix (hopefully very soon) as DJI cannot ignore those issue.
2020-1-31
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

The problem you're talking about has been highlighted several times, including a post where I isolated it. I've even found a way to reproduce it, happens usually every time at the end of a long full stick ahead run in S (with a full stick down in my case).

I believe it's not a straight wrong programming in the logics. My conclusion is that likely it might be same value measured by the IMU (presumably the pressure measurement) that gets inconsistent data because of the air speed around the AC. With the wrong measurement the AC is commanded a descent to keep its height stable. Because of sensor choice and body design I believe it might be impossibile for DJI to modify this reading, thus a firmware fix might be the only solution and not an easy one.

I am far more hassled by the disconnection... not only ruins my experience but also my videos, when that happens I have to stop and resume later after cable unplug/replug.
2020-1-31
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

I have done Flights where it happens at the end of an long line but in the mid of it.
2020-1-31
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

m80116 Posted at 1-31 07:49
The problem you're talking about has been highlighted several times, including a post where I isolated it. I've even found a way to reproduce it, happens usually every time at the end of a long full stick ahead run in S (with a full stick down in my case).

I believe it's not a straight wrong programming in the logics. My conclusion is that likely it might be same value measured by the IMU (presumably the pressure measurement) that gets inconsistent data because of the air speed around the AC. With the wrong measurement the AC is commanded a descent to keep its height stable. Because of sensor choice and body design I believe it might be impossibile for DJI to modify this reading, thus a firmware fix might be the only solution and not an easy one.

You mean the problem only occurs when very specific and very special flight maneuvers are flown in a very specific environment and that it therefore occurs very rarely? Because if it would be a general firmware problem, hundreds of thousands of minis would have the same problem and everyone should have it. In this case I think rather of NO firmware, but of a hardware problem (IMU Unit). As I say in another thread, I have had 0,0% problems in about 70 flights (App and Firmware 1.03)
2020-1-31
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Probably less environment specific that you think. Problem incidence reporting is quite consistent with a widespread behaviour, whether the user can tell it or not depends on many factors.

I suggest we keep complaining to DJI. As I was saying the random disconnect is far more disheartening for me.
2020-1-31
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

The IMU dont measure Airspeed by Pressure. On the MM is only an Height Sensor that measures Barometric Height.
2020-1-31
Use props
Miixxa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280682 ft
Finland

Christian U Posted at 1-30 23:38
If you can tell me an Fact based Reason, ill do.
1. This is an brand new Drone directly from Package that has surely been tested in the Factory. I cannot imagine that the props should have Problems by factory.

Okay:
1. Some MM's have had defective props from the factory, or more specifically props have been warped in transit because of the way DJI packs them, especially in Fly More Combo. There's no real factual explanation BUT it's a fact that some users have had bad props straight out of the box. Myself included.
2. Like I said, I had bad props straight from the box. I didn't even notice it on the first few flights until these drops (and some other issues) started to happen. I inspected the props thoroughly and discovered one single blade to be warped an more flexible than others. Caused random erratic flying, drops and clattering sound and didn't happen consistently. Since I changed the props (or that one pair of blades on the motor that had the warped one) I haven't noticed anything as bad as I had first.
(But yes, there are lots of stuff in the firmware that DJI needs to fix, not denying that!)

Of course these are not DJI confirmed facts rather than empiric data and similar occurrences from forums etc.
Changing the props in your case would eliminate one of the most common faults and help the troubleshooting.
It's also the easiest and cheapest way to maybe fix, or atleast improve the flying characteristics of your MM...
2020-1-31
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

The IMU dont measure Airspeed by Pressure. On the MM is only an Height Sensor that measures Barometric Height.
Hers the Log from the Drop Maiden Flight of my new Mini. The Barometric pressure Height measures the same like the VPS Height.
2020-1-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules