1026 14 2020-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm contributing to this Forum since the beginning of the Phantom and Inspire era, sharing my experience and knowledge ... Sadly, once vibrant community of avid enthusiasts and professionals evolved into gathering of spammers, points collectors and - apparently - even mentally challenged individuals. Although naive ignorance is tolerable in any civilized society, deliberate sharing of worthless internet garbage, rumours and sensational rubbish doesn't help us at all. Posters like cutis are recently notorious for publishing confusing, misleading or plain absurd content, articulated in hard to understand jargon. Unfortunately DJI's automated moderating mechanism is not able to distinguish such absurdities or nuances, irritatingly encouraging these individuals in result ...

This Forum has a vital role to fulfill in our community of hobbyists, enthusiasts or professionals, seasoned or novices. We are here to help each other, answer questions, solve problems, discuss and - perhaps most importantly - enjoy the participation. IMHO, at least.
2020-1-28
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I concur, fully. They just need to install and "ignore" function, so one can just block any content from, well, you said it, I didn't.
2020-1-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for putting this to our attention. With regards to this matter this has been escalated to the designated DJI Forum department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-1-28
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree on the issues but still feel that the forum is useful for me. Its not limited to this forum as I have found the same issues on the others I am on.  
2020-1-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hello and good day Matthew. I am sorry to read of your unfortunate forum experience. Since this unfortunate issue happened. Kindly please contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for your disappointment and thank you for your understanding.
2020-1-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Labroides Posted at 1-28 14:53
Hello and good day Matthew. I am sorry to read of your unfortunate forum experience. Since this unfortunate issue happened. Kindly please contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for your disappointment and thank you for your understanding.

Oh, you funny ...
2020-1-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I'm with you Matthew, and I am disappointed to see the usual pointless, automatic reply from the "Super Moderator". I too would welcome an ignore function on this forum, but sadly I would not hold my breath waiting for it to happen.
2020-1-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-28 15:54
I'm with you Matthew, and I am disappointed to see the usual pointless, automatic reply from the "Super Moderator". I too would welcome an ignore function on this forum, but sadly I would not hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

automatic reply from the "Super Moderator". I too would welcome an ignore function on this forum

For ignoring forum members, moderators, or both?   
2020-1-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-28 17:14
automatic reply from the "Super Moderator". I too would welcome an ignore function on this forum

For ignoring forum members, moderators, or both?

Maybe both??
2020-1-28
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

These forums do still provide info and guidance, though, the point grabbers, spammers, naysayers and condescending trolling are all ridiculous.
2020-1-29
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Used to love coming onto these forums, but since they switched over to the new format forums I have found that the majority of posts have been about complaints. Used to love browsing the old forums looking at photos and videos people had shot. Now I just see an overwhelming amount of complaints and spam etc... You post what you think are nice photos that you want to share with the community, only to have your post lost in a sea of rubbish. Maybe it is just me but that is how I feel.
2020-1-30
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Couldn’t agree more, add an Ignore feature please. Could make the forum experience much better.
2020-1-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Duncandonut Posted at 1-30 05:11
Used to love coming onto these forums, but since they switched over to the new format forums I have found that the majority of posts have been about complaints. Used to love browsing the old forums looking at photos and videos people had shot. Now I just see an overwhelming amount of complaints and spam etc... You post what you think are nice photos that you want to share with the community, only to have your post lost in a sea of rubbish. Maybe it is just me but that is how I feel.

It's more complex issue than you may think. DJI Forum evolves as new products are released. Recently, however, DJI focused on mass-manufactured consumer toys and gadgets. As a result, relatively small group of avid hobbyists and enthusiasts of aerial imagery is pushed away from the main stage. The number of complains is directly related to the amount of new product hitting the market, and Mavic Mini is the star for now. This product is targeting huge population of selfie shooters, people with minimal or next to none knowledge about drones and photography. It will take a time to iron most wrinkles out and fade away ...

On the other hand, the future of bigger, more advanced consumer drones is uncertain as for now due to much debated flying restrictions. This may explain evident stagnation in DJI's development of new models, reflecting on all related forums ...
2020-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey Matt, I think the fact that it’s a long time since we’ve seen a release of a new drone (except mini) I mean bigger drones, people just fade away, with new release we see many of the older guys surfacing because they have something new to talk about, I’m hoping this year 3 new drones .
2020-1-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 1-31 10:48
Hey Matt, I think the fact that it’s a long time since we’ve seen a release of a new drone (except mini) I mean bigger drones, people just fade away, with new release we see many of the older guys surfacing because they have something new to talk about, I’m hoping this year 3 new drones .

"I’m hoping this year 3 new drones ..."

I would love to share your optimism, but I just can't see it happen on DJI side. Others are trying to wiggle into their territory and milk this dying cow as much as possible, but consumer class drones are in no fly zone (pun intended) ...
2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules