Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GEO (aka FlySafe) Updates
1411 2 2020-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdzac
lvl.3

United States

I fly a P4 RTK.  Like many of you, I got a message that said something along the lines of "GEO system needs to be updated soon", and just ignored it, because I could still fly.  Well, the next time I went to fly - at a pretty critical time - I got the same message, but it informed me that the P4 RTK wouldn't take off until the GEO system was updated.  (The GEO system on the GS-RTK controller is, I believe, the same thing as the FlySafe database described on other systems).  
So I looked everywhere in both my owners manual and DJI website, and couldn't find anything on updating the GEO system / FlySafe database.  Struck out everywhere.  I contacted my dealer - and here's a well-earned plug for them:  NOAR Technologies in Clawson, MI is an absolutely first-rate operation. Their after-sale support (thanks mainly to technical wizard Tyler McMillin) is simply outstanding. Tyler gave me a link to a Youtube video by Ken Heron, that describes the process.

His drone is a P4 Pro (I believe), so it's a little different than what you have to do for the P4 RTK, but if you just adjust what he says for the differences in the two systems, it'll work just as he says.  
Meanwhile, it's been 48 hours since I submitted my request to DJI on this issue (email is the only support method for the P4 RTK), and they still haven't responded.  Unfortunately, that's typical.

2020-1-28
Use props
guillermomeiner
Captain

Argentina

You can share wifi with your phone with hotspot tool so your controller has internet access and the you just press on update geo zone. And thats all. In my case i need to update it really often (1 time per week)
2020-1-28
Use props
jdzac
lvl.3

United States

guillermomeiner Posted at 1-28 14:24
You can share wifi with your phone with hotspot tool so your controller has internet access and the you just press on update geo zone. And thats all. In my case i need to update it really often (1 time per week)

Good to know, @guillermomeiner - thanks.  I'll try that method next time.  Since I'm connected to my MiFi the entire time (since that's what  I use for RTK), I'm not sure why it didn't give me that option when the warning popped up.  I'll pay close attention to that next time, and update the post.
2020-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules