799 17 2020-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm wondering how come my images aren't as good as when I first started.  I was crazy with AEB I think so when you HDR merge LR merges the sharp parts of the image but it never says anything.
2020-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive noticed that sometime I get a little bit of movement between the shots and then when merged they don't have the quality they would normally have.
2020-1-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 01:41
Ive noticed that sometime I get a little bit of movement between the shots and then when merged they don't have the quality they would normally have.

The NYC pix I had way way back were extremely good but the day was super bright so the shutter speed was cranked out on auto.
2020-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They are not correlated.
Only the merging function will add some kind of post processing sharpness (local contrast will do)
2020-1-29
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So can you post an example, maybe the final merged picture and the shots you used to create it.
2020-1-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KEJ Posted at 1-29 09:37
So can you post an example, maybe the final merged picture and the shots you used to create it.

Elitecaptures7.com under NYC.  Those are all AEB photos then panoed.
2020-1-29
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-29 11:39
Elitecaptures7.com under NYC.  Those are all AEB photos then panoed.

Thanks.

Generally, they don't look bad and of course the skyline of NY is always impressive.

But it would still be interesting to know your camera settings and number of AEB for each section before you stitched them.

Also what has been touched on before along with the F-Stop is where are you focusing?

Slight motion blur, I was thinking if you were taking your AEB in batches of 5 for example, before,  I have made a mistake of moving to the next position possibly too early, before the animated counter had finished and now I do try and settle the drone for second or two longer before I fire off the next batch, keeping my fingers well off the sticks or if your shutter speed was slow(movement/wind etc) could be a factor.

So it would still be interesting for example,  if for one of your pano middle sections, if that part is made up of 3 or 5 shots to have those pictures, just to see if one of them is slightly duff and then we can reconstruct and see what results we get.
2020-1-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KEJ Posted at 1-30 03:25
Thanks.

Generally, they don't look bad and of course the skyline of NY is always impressive.

The night shots aren't AEBed.  Only the day time.  It was a 5-shot.  I did the pano photos manually then stitched it in LR.  It was bright out so the shutter speed was high.  I've edited them a bunch in LR and photoshop.

It was all done in auto as I pretty much had no idea about photography at the time.
2020-1-30
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-30 03:55
The night shots aren't AEBed.  Only the day time.  It was a 5-shot.  I did the pano photos manually then stitched it in LR.  It was bright out so the shutter speed was high.  I've edited them a bunch in LR and photoshop.

It was all done in auto as I pretty much had no idea about photography at the time.

Well,  even the daytime shots,  I would have had a go at them.

If you still have them, send me a link or post them and I will have a play, might be no better or on the other hand.

Cheers
2020-1-31
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KEJ Posted at 1-31 09:17
Well,  even the daytime shots,  I would have had a go at them.

If you still have them, send me a link or post them and I will have a play, might be no better or on the other hand.

I lost all the originals
2020-1-31
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-31 20:00
I lost all the originals

In that case, I suppose not a lot we can do.

I would have thought a man of your calibre would have backed everything up, but if they are gone, then they are gone.

Cheers

2020-2-1
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

I always shot panoramas with AEB 3 or 5 depends from the location, then merged to HDR picture in Photoshop and finally in a complete panorama but I never had any problem...personally I don't understand very well the thread problem..
2020-2-1
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Manu P4P Paris Posted at 2-1 04:44
I always shot panoramas with AEB 3 or 5 depends from the location, then merged to HDR picture in Photoshop and finally in a complete panorama but I never had any problem...personally I don't understand very well the thread problem..

I got the impression they are not as good as when he first started creating them.

So I thought,  if we had the original pictures(3 or 5) we could look at the camera settings(exif) and the pictures themselves and there might be something obvious, maybe his starting shutter speed is pretty slow, so when he take the 3 or 5 shots, the longest exposure(brightest) would be even slower and could be causing a slight blur, so when they are combine causes issues etc.

Hey ho!
2020-2-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

With AEB, I think Adobe selects the sharp parts of the image and keeps them so if you one shot and have blur, you are stuck with it but if you have 2 or 4 more images and at least 1 of them doesn't have blur, Adobe keeps those pixels and just keeps the color information from the other images.  I wonder why my first photos when I got the drones were tack sharp but All of them were 5x AEBed.  The ones I do now aren't AEBed and don't look as sharp.
2020-2-2
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 2-2 07:28
With AEB, I think Adobe selects the sharp parts of the image and keeps them so if you one shot and have blur, you are stuck with it but if you have 2 or 4 more images and at least 1 of them doesn't have blur, Adobe keeps those pixels and just keeps the color information from the other images.  I wonder why my first photos when I got the drones were tack sharp but All of them were 5x AEBed.  The ones I do now aren't AEBed and don't look as sharp.

All I would suggest,  is the next time you are out take a bracketed set and then do your magic.

Also with most programs you have to select the ghosting option, I don't know if the default is always on in PS?

Anyway, if you are then happy, end of story.

If on the other hand, they look odd or not as good, then post the bracketed set and your end result and I am sure a few people will then have a play or might have some useful comments, providing there are any issues.

2020-2-2
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

exactly, PS offers the ghost option but I don't know how much blur it needs to warn you of that..
I'd suggest to post a picture..
2020-2-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KEJ Posted at 2-2 09:42
All I would suggest,  is the next time you are out take a bracketed set and then do your magic.

Also with most programs you have to select the ghosting option, I don't know if the default is always on in PS?

yeah, it fixes the ghosting in the merge I think, that's why

I don't use PSD to HDR merge.  I use LR as it's faster.
2020-2-2
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 2-2 21:47
yeah, it fixes the ghosting in the merge I think, that's why

I don't use PSD to HDR merge.  I use LR as it's faster.

Fair enough, there are a few programs out there and everyone has their preferred options.

Watch this space!
Also something that has previously been mentioned in posts by other people, focus.
It's easy to forget if you are in manual mode or you change a setting midway through etc.
2020-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules