How do you reduce focus mode artefacts and increase image qu...
3338 6 2020-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

Hi,
I'm searching for infos on how to increase my image quality and reduce focus mode artefacts.

I use to fly at park like lot of people not even bando and I always have the focus mode compression that appears even with a good osd numbers. No matter what power I'm using from 25mW to 700mW. To be honest I can't see any relavant difference.

I'm digging around the antenna theory but it seems that the gain is going to affect the distance and my goal is to enhance the quality of my dvr recording and google image.

What would you suggest ?

Here is a video that shows how it looks à 700mW

Thanks
2020-1-28
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

A quick addition, I did try a True RC X-Air on the left side of my google without any noticeable improvement...
2020-1-28
Use props
Bruxx3d
lvl.2
Canada

Turn Focus mode AUTO or off ?
what I prefer is using High quality with Auto focus, the latency is acceptable for the better amount of visual details that you get so, its kinda a trade off
2020-1-29
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

Bruxx3d Posted at 1-29 05:40
Turn Focus mode AUTO or off ?
what I prefer is using High quality with Auto focus, the latency is acceptable for the better amount of visual details that you get so, its kinda a trade off

Thanks for your answer,

Focus is ON.

I didn't try to deactivate the low latency but I'll do to see if it can give better results.

I'll report here my thoughts.

Thanks.

Do you use stock antennas or third party ones ?
2020-1-29
Use props
pRo_lama
lvl.2

Czechia

Turn on HIGH QUALITY mode (turn off LOW LATENCY mode) and turn off FOCUS MODE. This option will give you the best image,
2020-1-29
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

pRo_lama Posted at 1-29 07:11
Turn on HIGH QUALITY mode (turn off LOW LATENCY mode) and turn off FOCUS MODE. This option will give you the best image,

I'll definitely give a try.

Thanks mates
2020-1-29
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

Hi guys,

As promise I come back with my results.

Here is a DVR of a flight at 25mW with focus mode on and low latency deactivated.

https://youtu.be/AENZwmpnO7M

The result is far better as you said. Thanks again.

Note that I also changed my antennas to 2 furious fpv combos (long pagodas on top and poker patch at the bottom) in rhcp. I changed the antennas on the quad to 2 max nano.

I felt the radio range quite low but I may be wrong. I'm not really familiar with such distant flights.
I ask myself if the radio signal is polarized like the video, if so by switching from lhcp to rhcp I did add a lot of signal loss in the radio feed I presume.

Here is a flight at 700mW

https://youtu.be/xjGDGfRq5J4

Once again thanks for your advises on the Google settings, they makes me reach what I did expect from my DVR footages.

I'll switch back to lhcp and do the same flights to compare stock vs alternative antennas (furious combo here which is not common with the dji system) and radio range.
2020-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules