4802 15 2020-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zefBgT6RPnpV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7680 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello. I own the samsung tablet tab a (sm-t515), which although its configurations should have been compatible with the Dji fly application, none the less it doesn't perform the installation. I tried to download it from dji's site, installation goes as far as 80%, and then a message appears: “the application has not been installed”. Is there a suggestion or/and a solution to this problem? A configuration I must do on the tablet?  Thank you.
2020-1-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Upon checking the Samsung Tab A is not listed on the compatible device list. This may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said mobile device when using the DJI Fly application. Rest assured that our DJI R&D are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said lists in the future. In addition, I will be posting an image for more information about the compatible device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2020-1-29
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-29 09:04
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Upon checking the Samsung Tab A is not listed on the compatible device list. This may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said mobile device when using the DJI Fly application. Rest assured that our DJI R&D are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said lists in the future. In addition, I will be posting an image for more information about the compatible device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Dear DJI R&D,
3 months have passed!
The list has never changed
2020-1-30
Use props
velihukka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6421 ft
Finland

It seems that the tablet is running a 32-bit version of Android and the app reuires a 64-bit version. That means your tablet will most likely never be compatible.
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI_Super_Fly
lvl.2

Israel

Did you check that you have enough space? Had the same problem with S9 and had to clear some files to install it. If I remember correctly I had to clear at least 400mb app store.
2020-5-3
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, had the same problem, 32bit android, you need 64bit, its a bummer, apparently the 8" version works. Install AIDA64 it will show that you only have 32bit.
2020-5-3
Use props
DJI_Super_Fly
lvl.2

Israel

So I tried to install the DJI Fly on my Tab A SM-515 LTE and you're right it will not install because of the 32bit OS. It's a new tablet so it really frustrating.
2020-5-5
Use props
DJI_Super_Fly
lvl.2

Israel

Decided to cancel my Air 2 order, I will not buy a new tablet. I read users posts from more than 6 months that complained about lack of support about this manner and DJI ignored them. That's not acceptable.
2020-5-10
Use props
DJI_Super_Fly
lvl.2

Israel

Manner=matter
2020-5-10
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I dont understand why there is any samsung tablet listed , I have a tab A  that i cant use and I have a crystal sky  that I cant use   WTF

Old product like S6 is there but barely new Tab A 10 inches are not there , on what planet do you live DJI , again very disapointed should buy the EVO 2

2020-5-14
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flash a Custom Recovery (TWRP) to your Samsung Tab using ODIN, then flash a Custom Rom that actually is 64bit and you can then install it from the DJI website. You can find tutorials on how to do this via Google or YouTube. It's not as bad as you think, you don't actually need to buy a new tablet
2020-5-17
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeterPan007 Posted at 5-14 10:26
I dont understand why there is any samsung tablet listed , I have a tab A  that i cant use and I have a crystal sky  that I cant use   WTF

Blaming DJI for Googles Play Store requirements is laughable.
2020-5-17
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DubSound Posted at 5-17 03:56
Blaming DJI for Googles Play Store requirements is laughable.

Why?

Cant use my Crystal sky ...
Cant use my Samsung tab A....

Its not google play its DJI fault....
2020-5-17
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeterPan007 Posted at 5-17 08:45
Why?

Cant use my Crystal sky ...

1. The Crystalsky will require an update from DJI - Okay that is on DJI's part
2. Samsung Tab A - Down to a, Samsung stupidly only putting a 32bit version of Android on a 64bit chip, that and b, Googles Play Store Requirements literally requiring 64bit applications moving into the future

So yeah, still laughable
2020-5-17
Use props
DJI_Super_Fly
lvl.2

Israel

DubSound Posted at 5-17 09:58
1. The Crystalsky will require an update from DJI - Okay that is on DJI's part
2. Samsung Tab A - Down to a, Samsung stupidly only putting a 32bit version of Android on a 64bit chip, that and b, Googles Play Store Requirements literally requiring 64bit applications moving into the future

Most developers have 2 versions 32bit and 64bit of the same app. To do just a 64bit app for a midrange drone it's just laziness. They should revoke DJI FLY and stay with DJI GO, just update it to support any new drone...
2020-5-17
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DJI_Super_Fly Posted at 5-17 13:17
Most developers have 2 versions 32bit and 64bit of the same app. To do just a 64bit app for a midrange drone it's just laziness. They should revoke DJI FLY and stay with DJI GO, just update it to support any new drone...

i agree 100%
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules