Any ETA on next firmware (v01.00.05.00)
2935 17 2020-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usera8b7b83b34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57339 ft
United States

I'm eagerly waiting for the next update, specifically excited for home arrow OSD element as I want to do mid/long range and it'll be nice to not get lost on my return back
2020-1-30
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

And I'm eager to see what kind of HDMI output they'll be supporting! AndyRC made a note in his Caddx Vista review of the release notes:
2020-1-30
Use props
TechnoCore
lvl.2

United States

Kreeze Posted at 1-30 13:29
And I'm eager to see what kind of HDMI output they'll be supporting! AndyRC made a note in his Caddx Vista review of the release notes: https://youtu.be/sJq8H6vmCQY?t=836

This would be awesome but I think it's the other way around, we'll gain the ability to receive Mavic 2 video feeds through the smart controller and into the FPV goggles. Meaning, an HDMI(ish?) input on the goggles.

It might mean we can use a 720p computer output and get HD in a sim, hard to say. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong and we get goggle HDMI out!
2020-1-30
Use props
TechnoCore
lvl.2

United States

I wanted to fly up through the fog today so badly, but without that arrow I could get too disoriented when I loose sight of the ground!
2020-1-30
Use props
djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yep this totally. Shake a leg DJI. Obviously we'd like every OSD element to be available but if you just want to squeeze out a few for the next release let it please be:

Home arrow
Distance from home
Total distance travelled
Speed
Link quality

Bonus suggestion:

mAh per KM

Calculated every ten meters on the headset using speed and distance travelled.

Thanks

2020-3-1
Use props
djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK Posted at 3-1 11:25
Yep this totally. Shake a leg DJI. Obviously we'd like every OSD element to be available but if you just want to squeeze out a few for the next release let it please be:

Home arrow
Watts and speed *

2020-3-1
Use props
Bruxx3d
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK Posted at 3-1 11:25

Home arrow

I couldnt agree more, it is all it need to play in the long range'' territory
2020-3-2
Use props
Cobaki
lvl.2

Switzerland

Doing a lot of long range and eagerly waiting for this as well.
2020-3-3
Use props
YodaFPV
lvl.1

Portugal

please consider including the "warnings" osd element.
it´s essential for safety and troubleshooting.
thanks
2020-3-3
Use props
djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bruxx3d Posted at 3-2 16:40
I couldnt agree more, it is all it need to play in the long range'' territory

Would be nice if one day DJI added a system so we could create our own OSD elements. Then we could have all kinds of things like the mAh per KM above or even distance till empty at current speed.

Another useful one I think would be Air unit temperature. With summer coming up folks will be worried about how the Air unit will cope. Last thing you want is an unexpected overheat miles out. Would be good if they added a feature that made the Air unit run cooler to prevent shutdown so if you do overheat it tries to maintain the signal rather than just shutting down the link. It could bump down to 400x300 pixels at 15fps or something. Maybe even stop transmitting video but keep pinging keep alive packets for a second every ten seconds to reduce heat.
2020-3-3
Use props
Bruxx3d
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK Posted at 3-3 07:32
Would be nice if one day DJI added a system so we could create our own OSD elements. Then we could have all kinds of things like the mAh per KM above or even distance till empty at current speed.

Another useful one I think would be Air unit temperature. With summer coming up folks will be worried about how the Air unit will cope. Last thing you want is an unexpected overheat miles out. Would be good if they added a feature that made the Air unit run cooler to prevent shutdown so if you do overheat it tries to maintain the signal rather than just shutting down the link. It could bump down to 400x300 pixels at 15fps or something. Maybe even stop transmitting video but keep pinging keep alive packets for a second every ten seconds to reduce heat.

- Would be good if they added a feature that made the Air unit run cooler to prevent shutdown so if you do overheat it tries to maintain the signal rather than just shutting down the link. It could bump down to 400x300 pixels at 15fps or something. Maybe even stop transmitting video but keep pinging keep alive packets for a second every ten seconds to reduce heat.

Dji already implanted something like that I think, first you need to enable auto - protection on. When your DJI FPV Air Unit overheats, it enters Low Power mode, the frame rate and control distance will drop, the latency will increase, and videos cannot be recorded BUT the air unit will not shut down instantly

I already experimented this and its flyable but not ideal at all, it give you a fews time to land.
2020-3-3
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

DJI, let me make this easy.....just put EVERYTHING from Betaflight into the DJI FPV OSD.

Thanks
2020-3-4
Use props
djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bruxx3d Posted at 3-3 09:56
- Would be good if they added a feature that made the Air unit run cooler to prevent shutdown so if you do overheat it tries to maintain the signal rather than just shutting down the link. It could bump down to 400x300 pixels at 15fps or something. Maybe even stop transmitting video but keep pinging keep alive packets for a second every ten seconds to reduce heat.

Dji already implanted something like that I think, first you need to enable auto - protection on. When your DJI FPV Air Unit overheats, it enters Low Power mode, the frame rate and control distance will drop, the latency will increase, and videos cannot be recorded BUT the air unit will not shut down instantly

Yes but my suggestion does not involve lowering the link tx power. If you are kilometers out the current low power mode will disconnect you.
2020-3-9
Use props
djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bruxx3d Posted at 3-3 09:56

Yes but my suggestion does not involve lowering the link tx power. If you are kilometers out the current low power mode will disconnect you. Still an Air unit temperature OSD element could help massively so you at least have a pre warning.
2020-3-9
Use props
Bruxx3d
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK Posted at 3-9 15:12
Yes but my suggestion does not involve lowering the link tx power. If you are kilometers out the current low power mode will disconnect you. Still an Air unit temperature OSD element could help massively so you at least have a pre warning.

If the quadcopter actually fly and the air unit has good air flow, It shouldnt overheat at all, if it do, you could call it a defect unit I guess or your air flow on the quad isnt good enough.

I seriously doubt DJI will do anything to redesign a new system that could prevent it, maybe on a DJI air unit 2...
2020-3-9
Use props
djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bruxx3d Posted at 3-9 16:45
If the quadcopter actually fly and the air unit has good air flow, It shouldnt overheat at all, if it do, you could call it a defect unit I guess or your air flow on the quad isnt good enough.

I seriously doubt DJI will do anything to redesign a new system that could prevent it, maybe on a DJI air unit 2...

They should make an Air unit 2.

4K60 stabilised video recorded on unit
High quality microphone
Almost the same broadcasted video quality but true not stretched 16:9 available
Smaller lighter air unit 20x20 inside but fully encapsulated like Air unit 1.

Goggles 2

OLED screens
Fully customisable HUD featuring full colour
Comes with 4x patch antenna possibly internal
Reduced video latency even if just 5ms less
Live audio
GPS map overlay / corner minimap
Augmented reality waypoint overlays
Fixed bitrate / latency high consistency race mode

2020-3-10
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Audio in the goggles

External Monitoring of the image.

Return Home Arrow
2020-3-20
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

It sure would be nice if DJI could at least give us some kind of hint on the arrival of the next update.  Please?  Why does everything always have to be so secretive?  
2020-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules