The joy of droning destroyed ....
996 3 2020-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XRV 750
lvl.2
Czechia

Dear DJI Forum

unfortunatelly I feel the need to share an experience after buying a Mavic Air in September 2019 and maybe finally someone is able to give a helpfull hint or it helps oher that maybe had to make the same experience. I´m kind of very very sad and dissapointed.

In the beginning it was a very nice, phantastic and interresting time learning the techniques, expirience the droning and slowly training how to fly and the first videos. The it went worse.

End of November, after still very carefully and quite few use of the Mavic Air started to make some strange noise from somewhere direction of a motor. For those who maybe ask - there was no crash with the drone.
Call to support and answer was I have to send it to repair center. So far so good. Mavic went to repair center.

Middle of December it returned under some *quite uncommon circumstances* as repaired/changed, which I don´t want to explain further for a reason.

The report said kind of some not in detail explained *defective arm*.

Switching on the drone, activating and connecting and happy to be soon up in the air again the second rough wakeup began. Again the strange noise. Without any flight. Because of a then possible crash due to the same strange noise known from the drone before, so possibly the same defect and also another circumstance to clearify immediately the support was contacted again.
The drone was lying since then unused and waiting for a decission. 2 holydays and christmas and new years eve without possibility to record or picture with the drone passed.

This took until January 2020, then finally someone decided to take the drone back to the service center for a check and - surprise- again an *arm defective* at an *unused* drone.
Now the drone has been exchanged and sent back and arrrived now. Despite the activation process took now a lot of different trys and error messages  (3hours) to finally lead to a success in activation (level of dissapointment increases), but still the APP wants me to switch from GOAPP 4 to Go and activate some drone model called expire (which I never owned)
Meanwhile it was luckily possible to activate the drone. (By the way thx to NL service center to not send back and keeping the flash drive with the evidence soundfile and movie of the noise that was sent as help to locate the source, but I know - my fault, I should not have sent it with the drone).

But to get any connection to the controller or getting the drone to a lift off - Impossible. I tried all manuals and hints from forums I cold find. Manually the controller can be connected but no fly possible and the tablet as screen is not usable. Also I can connect to the tablet but then not to controller use possible and a flight also not. No succes...at all.
The same setup was working perfectly with the first drone.

If anyone has an idea I would appreciate that and be happy to get the Mavic Air working so I can sell it with knowledge I finally can sell a good and working piece because the fun and joy of drone flying got totally destroyed and lost during the whole process.

This is one of the sadest stories I hat to experience in buying a drone. I didn´t expect this in the beginning.

Any helpfull ideas - Thank you

2020-1-30
Use props
XRV 750
lvl.2
Germany

Update:
In the meanwhile I visited a shop because I got the hint to use the USB port in the middle of the Controller. So I went to a shop asking for such cable from remote to I-Pad. The emloyee of the electronics shop took a look to the controller and said, that his would maybe not work out. Inside the USB port there is a pin horizontal,blocking the port and the small part or bar for preventing inserting the plug wrong is also not there. Now I got an exchange cable for the small side port to the drone and surprise it was possible to connect just one time. Then again lconnection lost and you cannot choose to fly with Controller and pad as monitor. So it now additional turns out that the big USB port is defective, the small side cable was aslo a problem (but possibly solved) and some other issue with connecting still existing.

If here is anyone from  DJI reading this and feels the need to restore trust in DJI, because this is now truely an absolute terrible and unbelievable situation and far away from anything regarding to quality, and promises of DJI in  advertisements, and product descriptions, please contact me.

2 Mavic Air drones, all proven to be defective,  a third one not able to connect , adefective controller and cable, also turning out to be not working and already more than 2 month unsuccessfull trial and error techniques of DJI (sending out defectice drones  as swap).This is not the way how Business should work or  a customer should be treated. There should be a point when really a working solution has to be found.
especially when it os Always said we have absolute qualified technicans, support and qualitycontrol. For me at the Moment hard to believe.
2020-2-1
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

Hi XRV,

Sorry to hear you have issues, however, I have a hard time identifying what exact problem you experience (noise, connecting?). As for the cables, I'm sure you could have used the cable you use for charging your ipad. Is you pad compatible with the app? ... What's the relevance of: "*quite uncommon circumstances* as repaired/changed, which I don´t want to explain further for a reason"?

Hope you get it sorted soon - perhaps try another device/phone to connect ...
2020-2-1
Use props
Xyz_Zyx
lvl.2
Czechia

5 month in total passed since 1st submission and acceptance of warranty / case and the the tragedy began. DJI service center NL does nothing than countinously sending defective swap items, taking them back with as "sorry", take weeks for "we have to decide with the management" and sending next damaged drone/controller. Latest action refering the customer after 4 month by surprise now to the seller, then accepting again the case and charge a fee for a warranty case.
Since 5 month no possibility due to the mistakes of service center to use the product or take even not one flight!
Good job DJI! This is true interest in your customers.
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules