Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Pro + RTK - Altitude variation in UGCS planned flight
1232 2 2020-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JayP23
New

Australia

Hi,

I have a matrice 600 pro fitted with the D-RTK system. I am attempting to perform planned flights using UGCS, for a comparison to the flight path the position reported by the RTK system is logged during these flights. When a circular flight path at a fixed altitude is flown (altitude = 12.7m, radius = 30m) the altitude of the drone 'drifts' away from the pre-determined path by ~2m before returning to the starting point. The graph below illustrates this behaviour for two consecutive flights; one flown clockwise and one flown counter-clockwise, both of which show this behaviour is reproducable. It should be noted that I have observed this behaviour in previous planned flights and the GPS-Fused system also reports a similar altitude variation.

4HZ_RTK_3D_NormalisedPositionvsFP.png
Has anyone come across this issue before or have any insights into why this drift may be occuring?
2020-1-30
Use props
mctaylor
lvl.1
United States

Hello.  I too fly the same rig and though I do not have a definitive answer, I have a few SWAGs.
2020-2-10
Use props
mctaylor
lvl.1
United States

mctaylor Posted at 2-10 11:05
Hello.  I too fly the same rig and though I do not have a definitive answer, I have a few SWAGs.

Sorry there, misfire...

When using UgCS, are you flying terrain aware?  If yes, that could be something to investigate.
The Z axis is a wildcard at times, regardless if flying RTK but I have not experienced an ~2M difference.
Have you re-calibrated the aircraft prior to flight?

Regards.
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules