Defective Mavic Pro 2
1197 12 2020-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clevercard
lvl.1

United States

I've bought a Mavic Pro 2 a couple of months ago and only flew it for at most 4 times.

Yesterday, I tried to fly it again and received the following error message:

Gimbal cannot receive main controller data

I also received a message that the Imu needed calibration. So I've made a factory reset on my aircraft and calibrated the IMU and the Compass.

I didn't receive the Imu error message again, but I still receive the gimbal one, which doesn't allow my drone to fly.

My drone never had an accident or crashed. It's almost new!

I've paid almost $1800 for this drone with the DJI Remote controller and I'm extremely disappointed with this situation. Apparently this is a factory problem with a lot of Mavic and DJI doesn't want to admit. I've found several threads in this forum with the same problem.

As my product is under warranty, I want my drone fixed for free. Otherwise I'll contact my lawyer and all the other members of this forum with the same problem  to get their testimonial about this problem. It's totally unacceptable that DJI charges this problem as a malfuction by bad use.

2020-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience with Mavic 2 Pro, if the error persists after refreshing the firmware, it is recommended to send in the drone to our repair center for the diagnosis. The warranty service will be provided if it turns out to be product issue. Our repair center will help take care of it.
If you still have any concern, please don't hesitate to keep us updated with the case number.
2020-1-31
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suggest you open up a case with their technical team, their phone support may be ble to help you clear this up, if not, they will ask you to ship it to their repair center in California, they will provide a UPS ground shipping label, which if you live in the East Coast, it will take a week to get there, plus another week for them to get to it, plus another week to come to a resolution, plus another week for them to ship it back to you.

If they determine it is a warranty covered issue, they will not repair YOUR drone, they will send you one that has already been repaired, meaning a refurbished unit, this is their standard operating procedure, your drone will be fixed and given to another customer.
Let us know how you make out
2020-1-31
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can call them:

UNITED STATES & CANADA

+1 (818) 235 0789

Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)
2020-1-31
Use props
clevercard
lvl.1

United States

SupBro Posted at 1-31 07:04
I suggest you open up a case with their technical team, their phone support may be ble to help you clear this up, if not, they will ask you to ship it to their repair center in California, they will provide a UPS ground shipping label, which if you live in the East Coast, it will take a week to get there, plus another week for them to get to it, plus another week to come to a resolution, plus another week for them to ship it back to you.

If they determine it is a warranty covered issue, they will not repair YOUR drone, they will send you one that has already been repaired, meaning a refurbished unit, this is their standard operating procedure, your drone will be fixed and given to another customer.

Hello,

I already opened a case, but I can't wait 4 weeks for a resolution. I don't live in the US and I'm leaving the country before that.

Also, I won't accept a refurbished drone, I bought a NEW drone and I won't accept anything better than that. My lawyers will take care of the case...
2020-1-31
Use props
clevercard
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-31 00:21
We are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience with Mavic 2 Pro, if the error persists after refreshing the firmware, it is recommended to send in the drone to our repair center for the diagnosis. The warranty service will be provided if it turns out to be product issue. Our repair center will help take care of it.
If you still have any concern, please don't hesitate to keep us updated with the case number.

Did you read my post?

I already tried refreshing the firmware and had no success at all.

I opened a case but had no answer... The number is 2578866.

It is a product issue as I flew only 4 times and my drone is not working. It never crashed or had an accident.

I don't live in the US (but I bought the drone here) and I'm leaving the country in the next 2 weeks. I need my drone to be replaced otherwise I'll contact my lawyers to take care of the case.

DJY customer service has a terrible feedback here and I won't accept your excuses to avoid covering the warranty.
2020-1-31
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

clevercard Posted at 1-31 07:19
Hello,

I already opened a case, but I can't wait 4 weeks for a resolution. I don't live in the US and I'm leaving the country before that.

I applaud you. Don't give up!
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

clevercard Posted at 1-31 07:24
Did you read my post?

I already tried refreshing the firmware and had no success at all.

Hi there, I am sorry for the confusion, I only saw the factory reset and didn't realize it was the firmware refresh. As the issue persists, please kindly send in for diagnosis, if it is confirmed the issue is covered within warranty, you will not need to pay for the service. Please start an online repair service request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav.
Besides, please kindly note that global warranty service is not supported. Please kindly send in soon for service as you purchased it in the US and you are now in the US. Thank you. warranty.png
2020-1-31
Use props
clevercard
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-31 21:14
Hi there, I am sorry for the confusion, I only saw the factory reset and didn't realize it was the firmware refresh. As the issue persists, please kindly send in for diagnosis, if it is confirmed the issue is covered within warranty, you will not need to pay for the service. Please start an online repair service request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav.
Besides, please kindly note that global warranty service is not supported. Please kindly send in soon for service as you purchased it in the US and you are now in the US. Thank you. [view_image][Image]

I already sent the drone to Dji yesterday. I hope you can take a look at my case and Dji can send me a replacemente before I leave the US.
2020-2-1
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

When do you leave? Their shipping is horribly slow. It will take about a month for you to get it back depending on wheee you are and if you fight them on the flight analysis outcome
2020-2-1
Use props
clevercard
lvl.1

United States

SupBro Posted at 2-1 21:41
When do you leave? Their shipping is horribly slow. It will take about a month for you to get it back depending on wheee you are and if you fight them on the flight analysis outcome

I'm leaving in two weeks. If they don't ship it to me fixed and before that... i'll contact my lawyers.

I'm a music video director in Brazil with more than 10 million views on youtube. If they don't work right with me... at least I'll make a video telling my experience with DJI.
2020-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

clevercard Posted at 2-1 16:24
I already sent the drone to Dji yesterday. I hope you can take a look at my case and Dji can send me a replacemente before I leave the US.

I am terribly sorry for the late reply, I will keep an eye on the case process. If there is any further help needed, please let me know, I will try my best to help.
2020-2-4
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

clevercard Posted at 2-4 05:12
I'm leaving in two weeks. If they don't ship it to me fixed and before that... i'll contact my lawyers.

I'm a music video director in Brazil with more than 10 million views on youtube. If they don't work right with me... at least I'll make a video telling my experience with DJI.

Please do it, maybe someone with some pull will get them to listen.
2020-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules