Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trouble syncing drone to controller Blinks Red/Green
12Next >
57414 55 2020-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenKernGolf
lvl.1
United States

Hello
Ive had this mini for a few weeks now and have loved it. When I unboxed it I did the firmware update etc and have been flying since. Ive used it the last 5 days in a row but today I am unable to sync?
When I power on the mini it blinks red and green at a steady speed. Any imput would be great on being able to get past the issue of not being able to connect to the DJI Fly app and controller.

Thanks

Ben
2020-1-31
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

Linking process like this doesn't work ?

or this

2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ben. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini and it's remote controller can be linked by either the DJI Fly app or power buttons. Kindly please follow these procedures and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

Linking by DJI Fly
1. Power on the remote controller and aircraft.
2. Open DJI Fly on a mobile device, go to the camera view page, enter the "Shortcuts" or "Control" menu, and then tap the "Connect to Aircraft" button. The remote controller's battery level indicators will blink from left to right and the remote controller will make beeping sounds, indicating that it has entered the linking state.
3. Press and hold the aircraft's power button for about four seconds until the battery level indicators blink from left to right, which indicates that the aircraft has entered the linking state.
4. Wait for a few seconds, and then the aircraft will link to the remote controller.

Linking by Power Buttons
1. Power on the remote controller and aircraft.
2. Press and hold the power button of the aircraft and remote controller for four seconds respectively. The aircraft's battery level indicators will blink from left to right, indicating that it has entered the linking state. The remote controller's battery level indicators will blink from left to right and the remote controller will make beeping sounds, indicating that it has entered the linking state.
3. Wait for a few seconds, and then the aircraft will link to the remote controller.
2020-1-31
Use props
fansad5aec2b
New
Flight distance : 131650 ft
  • >>>
Qatar

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-31 09:43
Hello and good day Ben. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini and it's remote controller can be linked by either the DJI Fly app or power buttons. Kindly please follow these procedures and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

Linking by DJI Fly

hello i have the same problem and i try the both way and still not connecting to the drone
2020-1-31
Use props
davidms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Unplug the cable from your mobile device to the RC and plug it back in. I’ve found it’s finicky and often times does not sync unless I play with the cable.
2020-1-31
Use props
BenKernGolf
lvl.1
United States

Yes I’ve tried both of those ways of syncing with no success.
I’ll mess with cables but I feel like it’s something more.

Curious to know exactly the blinking green and red lights mean. As this is what the drone is doing when I turn on. It will not allow it to go into Bluetooth syncing mode when I hold it for 4 seconds.
2020-1-31
Use props
BenKernGolf
lvl.1
United States

Well I just took my micro as card out and it worked.
Then I wiped the card clean and put back in and still worked.
2020-1-31
Use props
big lou
lvl.4
Canada

When the micro card is full the link is not made ??
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansad5aec2b Posted at 1-31 09:49
hello i have the same problem and i try the both way and still not connecting to the drone

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to follow what BenKernGolf did on post #7 to see if the issue will be fixed. Kindly please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-1
Use props
qtr69
New
Flight distance : 131650 ft
  • >>>
Qatar

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 10:06
Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to follow what BenKernGolf did on post #7 to see if the issue will be fixed. Kindly please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

hi even that one not working
2020-2-1
Use props
djiuser_ofkyDmZitEjL
New
Flight distance : 115787 ft
Puerto Rico

BenKernGolf Posted at 1-31 10:49

I will try this trick; and I will let you know, if  fix  same problem... thank!
2020-2-3
Use props
phtevendoge
lvl.1
Germany

Having the same issue with my mini. Got it yesterday, tried it out for a few minutes and it worked totally fine.
Today I can't even link the RC with the drone, connecting my phone / DJI Fly App with the RC works fine though.
Also tried to connect both with my Macbook with the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (version 2.0.10) - the RC is detected, but not the Mavic Mini.
Don't know what to do now, I'm having the exact same problem with green/red lights.
2020-4-4
Use props
KangaTank
lvl.1

United States

I took the memory card out and downloaded / deleted and put it back in Betty and it connected right away.
2020-5-31
Use props
aswift
New
Flight distance : 604626 ft
United States

I am having the same issue. Got my Mini yesterday. Worked fine out of box. Firmware was most recent. Now it wont pair with controller. Mini wont show up in mavic assistant on two seperate computers. Following all the directions I have found on DJI and other websites. Mini wont go into pairing mode. Not sure if I have a bad USB port on the mini or what is going on. Is there any way to hard reset the mini without using mavic assistant? Or any way to force push firmware? I have tried everything I and other experts know and nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated.
2020-7-8
Use props
David Geens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213934 ft
Belgium

Same problem. Tried everything and nothing is working
2020-8-16
Use props
Jason Beck
lvl.1

United States

This is a memory card issue. Clean out anything that isn't from your drone from the DCIM folder on your memory card. I'm not 100% sure what can and can't be in that folder, but removing anything that isn't named something like DJI_###.mp4 will fix the issue. You can even move it to a different folder on the card, it just can't be in the DCIM folder.
2020-8-27
Use props
DigitalDjAddcit
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue and after trouble shooting on the website, with chat and phone calls, they advised me to send in my drone.   I was unable to connect to the aircraft with PC also,    it would just sit and flash red green?   Anyway I sent it in as instructed,stated" your air craft is still under warranty"    Now I am charged 81.00 for a power esc, and I didn't even do anything, I thought this would be under a warranty or something being a defect and not a user error.  I not sure, but hopefully they fix my Air Craft and send it back because I only flew it twice before all this trouble...
2020-8-28
Use props
Peter M Puchkowski
New

Canada

linking to Remote difficulties

Also a newbie,  On Saturday it took me a couple minutes to connect, Today the 8th, I tired for an hour,  Ran down at least one battery and some power from the controller.  I sent everything for a recharge, and after a little prayer (15) hitting the start buttons, got it the connection going but too late it out.  To get it going I placed the drone on the two antenna and it connected.   I will check out the mini SD disk comments to see if this helps.  (p.s.) I suffered all the other problems indicated by the previous owners.   (On the 7th, I thought everything was charged and took the package out to a remote area, had an impossible time to even turn on the drone or the RC - package home and recharged everything and refreshed the firmware in both units)   Wednesday is another day to  use the MINI.  
I suspect, I was trying to link the drone and RC in the same room as the Smart TV and Modem/Router and it might have been confusing the linking process.  Any thoughts on this last projection of mixed signals. 9Th Wed -  I was hoping to get it connected first thing today, been on it since 15h00 not connecting tried all the tricks, separate starts, turning the drone off waiting and the drone makes the noise but the RC just blinks with 2 lights.  have cleaned up the sd mini card.  and now hoping for the best

16h09 drone blinking  1617 turned off drone :  RC finally off -  It seems to drain the battery on the drone trying to connect - RC drains even faster. as the cell is also charging.

PeterM: / Kapuskasing, On
2020-9-8
Use props
paperpusher
New

Canada

I have a video that is about 4 min long on how I tried to get the RC and Drone to Link - during that period that I tried for two hours no connection was obtained.
Later in the evening, I did get a connection and pressed the relink button hoping the drone/RC would remember each other. and lost everything again
I tried to post a url from Google photo on my attempts , but when I added as an upload or add link, I was informed, URL was not permitted from my post.How do I get permission to add URL's
2020-9-9
Use props
djiuser_I6dtBiqfwFz1
New

Canada

Hello and good day Ben. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini and it's remote controller can be linked by either the DJI Fly app or power buttons. Kindly please follow these procedures and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

Linking by DJI Fly

Hello DJI Stephen or anybody out there.....
I hope you can help me too. Just got my Mavic Mini from Amazon. Watched all the vids on preparation , pairing etc etc but I am having the same problem as described above. Controller and drone is fully charged. I am pairing controller with drone. I am NOT using the Fly App. Pairing initiated. Drone light turns flashing GREEN BUT drone can't start/propellers won't start. Then several seconds later, the RED light starts blinking steadily! Pls help...
2020-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic Mini. May we know what mobile device you are using please and please download the DJI Fly application for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, are you able to post a sample video of the said issue for us to see and assist you further. Thank you.
2020-9-14
Use props
djiuser_ivj5ucaTgqQt
New

United Kingdom

Jason Beck Posted at 8-27 20:11
This is a memory card issue. Clean out anything that isn't from your drone from the DCIM folder on your memory card. I'm not 100% sure what can and can't be in that folder, but removing anything that isn't named something like DJI_###.mp4 will fix the issue. You can even move it to a different folder on the card, it just can't be in the DCIM folder.

Thanks - sorted it for me.

I had renamed the files in the DCIM folder to what the video was about - and stopped working straight after that.

As soon as I moved those files out of the DCIM folder in to another folder, works fine.

Appreciate your help!
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_ivj5ucaTgqQt
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_I6dtBiqfwFz1 Posted at 9-12 14:55
Hello DJI Stephen or anybody out there.....
I hope you can help me too. Just got my Mavic Mini from Amazon. Watched all the vids on preparation , pairing etc etc but I am having the same problem as described above. Controller and drone is fully charged. I am pairing controller with drone. I am NOT using the Fly App. Pairing initiated. Drone light turns flashing GREEN BUT drone can't start/propellers won't start. Then several seconds later, the RED light starts blinking steadily! Pls help...

If you haven’t already solved this, check the post about the memory card and the name of files.
I had exactly the same problems as you describe.
2020-9-21
Use props
Sebastian Fuentes
New
Flight distance : 37513 ft
Mexico

phtevendoge Posted at 4-4 02:16
Having the same issue with my mini. Got it yesterday, tried it out for a few minutes and it worked totally fine.
Today I can't even link the RC with the drone, connecting my phone / DJI Fly App with the RC works fine though.
Also tried to connect both with my Macbook with the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (version 2.0.10) - the RC is detected, but not the Mavic Mini.

I have that same problem, any solution now? I have been searching for a solution for 2 months
2020-10-6
Use props
fellizzz
New
United States

Hello and good day Ben. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini and it's remote controller can be linked by either the DJI Fly app or power buttons. Kindly please follow these procedures and see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

Linking by DJI Fly

I have the same problem after using it just once yesterday. I tried everything you mentioned up here. I also reinstalled the DJI fly app. I removed the sd card and tried to link it without the sd card.
I believe I received a defective unit.
2020-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fellizzz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done multiple troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue but still the issue persists. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-20
Use props
paperpushere
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15554 ft
Canada

From previous posts, I was able to have DJI Canada to review my problems and after discussion by DJI USA, It was authorized to replace the RC unit.  After a shaky start it seems to be working as it should.  
2020-10-25
Use props
Cients
First Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I noticed that when the SD card is almost full the Mini flashes red lights.
2020-10-25
Use props
fans6c689263
New
Flight distance : 57195 ft
United States

My Mavic mini wont connect. It tries but eventually goes to a red and green blinking lite
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_n1BQp3W09fBD
New

United Kingdom

phtevendoge Posted at 4-4 02:16

I am facing the same issue as Mavic Mini aircraft is not connecting to RC or to Laptop via DJI assistant 2. Did anyone receive confirmed solution on this.
2020-11-18
Use props
Mho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119885 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem. No connection between Remote Controle and the Mini.

The mini is flashing red / green all the time.
I have tryed to reconnect by:
* DJI Fly app (With and without a memory card) and also by
* pressing the pauze button at the RC (4 sec) and the powerbutton on the mini (4 sec) (With and without a memory card)

Nothing is working.
By the way: The Mavic Mini aircraft is not connecting to Laptop (Windows 10) via DJI assistant 2.

Has someone a solution on this?
2021-1-3
Use props
MikeMikeMikeMik
lvl.1

United States

BenKernGolf Posted at 2020-1-31 10:49

Thanks Ben!  Removing the SD card fixed the same problem for me.  

I had to delete the files on the SD card to get the MM to recognize it.  

Hard to believe this isn't documented by DJI somewhere.  Very frustrating.
2021-3-11
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

BenKernGolf Posted at 2020-1-31 10:49

Awesome that you found a solution
2021-3-11
Use props
MartellXO
Flight distance : 37582 ft
Russia

Hi,
I also had similar problem last year. I try to report it here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217353
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_WS3Ljta3jgiq
lvl.1

United States

Benkerngolf, just curious if you got your connection issue worked out? I just received my replacement mini 2 and this one still wont connect.
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_JcmWjF5aHcgK
New

United States

What does it mean having all colors light up on the drone. Yellow, green, blue, red, purple?

Connects but won't let me calibrate?

2021-9-13
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89820 ft
United States

I have exactly the same problem, just happened, hope we get an answer to this one.
2021-9-15
Use props
rohitingale
lvl.1

India

Hello Stephen... i am experiencing the same problem with my mavic mini... its flashing red and green continuously.  i think this happened after the failed Fly safe update... now its not getting detected by RC or by DJI assistant 2 for mavic on my pc.... please help me out
2021-11-11
Use props
Ozmini2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83940 ft
Australia

I had the same problem but it ended up being a faulty lightning socket of my iPhone.
2021-11-13
Use props
weikianng
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Mini 2

I am having a problem where the 1st and 4th battery led on the drone is lit all the time with red light flashing.

Connected my phone to the controller and can actually view what the camera sees. The RC/Aircraft is not connected though.

Try to either power off the drone or get it into pairing mode and could not do so.

Any idea what I should do next?
2022-4-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules