Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help! Cannot download videos from Mavic 2 Zoom
4257 21 2020-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9793 ft
United States

Help! I'm about to pull my hair out - when I view my videos on my phone after a flight they look fantactis, super clear, love it. But when I try to download them from my SD card they are crappy quaily, glitchy, and they all look like it's snowing. I've had this problem since I got the drone over a year ago and thought it was something I was doing wrong but I've tried three different high quailty SD cards and it still doesn't work. I've also tried plugging the drone straight into my computer and using a micro SD card adapter to plug into my computer. Neither way work. Yet when I view them straight from the app, they look awesome.

I have no idea why this is happening and it makes my videos basically useless because I can't get them off of the SD card! HHHHEEEELLLLPPPP.

Computer view - looks crappy

Computer view - looks crappy
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try a different video player like VLC media player to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-31
Use props
theothernt
Captain
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Also, what settings are you using to record the video? (this will affect what kind of video is produced, which can have playback issues on certain PCs)
2020-1-31
Use props
EFRPIC
Captain

United States

I'm assuming you have formatted the SD cards in the drone with the APP? Otherwise, I would say it is a hardware issue with the drone.
2020-1-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The correct technique is to remove the SD card from the aircraft, and plug it into an SD card adapter and connect the adapter to your computer. Then copy the files off the card on to the HDD/SSD of the computer. If they still look 'crappy' when you play them, then your computer is not up to the task. It is also wise to use a modern player to view the files, try downloading a free copy of VLCPlayer.
2020-1-31
Use props
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-31 11:59
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try a different video player like VLC media player to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Downloaded the VLC media player. It won't play the videos. It freezes immediately.
2020-2-1
Use props
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-31 13:19
The correct technique is to remove the SD card from the aircraft, and plug it into an SD card adapter and connect the adapter to your computer. Then copy the files off the card on to the HDD/SSD of the computer. If they still look 'crappy' when you play them, then your computer is not up to the task. It is also wise to use a modern player to view the files, try downloading a free copy of VLCPlayer.

Like I said in the post, that is how I'm downloading the videos to my computer. Tried the VLC player, still doesn't work.
2020-2-1
Use props
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
United States

Alright. So I downloaded all of the videos to my external hard drive and then transferred a few to my phone and they look great. So it's definitely the computer! Time for a new computer. Any recommendations of what I should look for when I get a new one? I bought the drone specifically for the photo capability and didn't have much use for the video but now that I've shot some video on it, I love it and want to have the ability to use it.
2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Idahoflyer Posted at 2-1 10:05
Downloaded the VLC media player. It won't play the videos. It freezes immediately.

Thank you for the update you have given. Upon reading the entire thread. It seems that the issue we are facing today could be related to the PC that you are using. Please try using a different computer with compatible specification to see if the issue will be fixed. In addition, I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI forum members on what PC is the best with regards to this matter. Again, thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-3
Use props
Dioden
Second Officer
Sweden

Take out the card from Mavic, put it in a computer, I use that way all the time, it works!
2020-2-13
Use props
Dioden
Second Officer
Sweden

Idahoflyer Posted at 2-1 10:05

What are you playing on, the phone? Use a computer, with VLC, I have for many years, works fine.
2020-2-13
Use props
Dioden
Second Officer
Sweden

Idahoflyer Posted at 2-1 10:26
Alright. So I downloaded all of the videos to my external hard drive and then transferred a few to my phone and they look great. So it's definitely the computer! Time for a new computer. Any recommendations of what I should look for when I get a new one? I bought the drone specifically for the photo capability and didn't have much use for the video but now that I've shot some video on it, I love it and want to have the ability to use it.

Depends of the resolution, 4k MAX, use an i7, could be lag otherwise, if you use lower resolution, you could use an i5, above that, a lot of memory!
2020-2-13
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 560472 ft
Australia

It makes no difference whether you remove the SD card or leave it in the drone to transfer data. Both methods transfer exactly the same way.

I'd be more inclined to look at what video codecs you have available on your PC. If they play fine on your phone but not your PC, then that's the first thing I'd be looking into.

The easiest way to get all required codecs is from a reputable pack that installs and registers them to whatever video player you are using. I personally use K-Lite Codec pack along with Media Player Classic (which can be installed and set as the default media player during the install process). You can find it here -

https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

I usually use the "Full" pack. You really don't need the "Mega". Install and restart your PC then try your videos again. If you're not happy with K-Lite, it can simply be uninstalled and your PC will fully revert to the previous codecs installed.

EDIT: - Here's a link that decribes what exactly a codec is as well as its function.

https://www.lifewire.com/what-exactly-is-odec-2483426

2020-2-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TRiPWiRE Posted at 2-13 13:19
It makes no difference whether you remove the SD card or leave it in the drone to transfer data. Both methods transfer exactly the same way.

I'd be more inclined to look at what video codecs you have available on your PC. If they play fine on your phone but not your PC, then that's the first thing I'd be looking into.

K-Lite are notorious for over-writing other, better codecs on your computer. You don't need them anyway, if you download a copy of VLCPlayer, it has all the latest codecs needed to operate properly. VLCPlayer is the best free media player around.
2020-2-13
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TRiPWiRE Posted at 2-13 13:19

I'd be more inclined to look at what video codecs you have available on your PC. If they play fine on your phone but not your PC, then that's the first thing I'd be looking into.

No difference except one way is awkward, slow and overheats your drone while the other way is quick and simple.
2020-2-13
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.3
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2-13 14:41
No difference except one way is awkward, slow and overheats your drone while the other way is quick and simple.

How is it more awkward? You remove a cover, plug a USB cable in and transfer your files.

Compare this to removing a cover, removing an SD card, plugging said SD card into a card reader, connect card reader to your PC (assuming its an external and not internal card reader), and browse to / copy files. Then, you repeat this process in reverse to refit the SD card back into your drone. I honestly can't see how this is easier!

As for heat issues, well, I've never encountered my drone getting any warmer than it has after a flight or two whilst transferring data and honestly, it takes very little time to copy files across anyway. I mean, unless you have 256GB of files to transfer on a PC from the stone-age, it's minimal effort.
2020-2-13
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.3
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2-13 13:57
K-Lite are notorious for over-writing other, better codecs on your computer. You don't need them anyway, if you download a copy of VLCPlayer, it has all the latest codecs needed to operate properly. VLCPlayer is the best free media player around.

OP clearly stated in a post in this thread that VLC player did not resolve the issue for her.
2020-2-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TRiPWiRE Posted at 2-13 18:02
OP clearly stated in a post in this thread that VLC player did not resolve the issue for her.

Yes, I know, but a bunch of K-Lite codecs is not going to solve the issue either. The K-lite pack has been completely superflous for many years now, as all applications that handle video playback supply their own code to handle video playtback anyway. K-lite has a very bad reputation among those in the professional editing community, as it often contains unwanted malicious malware. If you do any sort of search on K-lite, you will find many warnings about the package.

The fact is her computer is too slow to properly play back the files, and she has already come to that conclusion.

Oh, the other thing is that VLCPlayer is a far more capable player than the ones supplied with thr OS.
2020-2-13
Use props
Dioden
Second Officer
Sweden

TRiPWiRE Posted at 2-13 18:02

That is really strange, I use it and have done so in many years, works like charm and I have never used K-Lite codex on this computer, only VCL player.
2020-2-13
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.3
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2-13 19:49
Yes, I know, but a bunch of K-Lite codecs is not going to solve the issue either. The K-lite pack has been completely superflous for many years now, as all applications that handle video playback supply their own code to handle video playtback anyway. K-lite has a very bad reputation among those in the professional editing community, as it often contains unwanted malicious malware. If you do any sort of search on K-lite, you will find many warnings about the package.

The fact is her computer is too slow to properly play back the files, and she has already come to that conclusion.

There's a major difference between False Positives and actual malware. Malwarebytes themselves have found their software threw out false positives and rectified the situation without K lite having to change a thing. Norton did the same (personal experience). Just this week I encountered a false positive from a company known as Ezybill. They're a reputable company that offer billing services for companies and organisations. Our council uses them for rates payments. Does this mean Ezybill is malicious? No. Antivirus Heuristics are sometimes far too aggressive.

As far as reputation, hmmm. I'm in the same country as you (going by your location), and work for one of the main TV channels as a video / animation editor. I have done so for 20 years. This puts me in direct contact with a professional editing community. In all of K-Lites existence I've never heard of this bad reputation you talk about, nor have I ever had anyone who uses it in the industry mention this either.

I mean, we can back and forth this for hours but ultimately, we're of 2 different opinions. I appreciate and respect yours, but personally, I find K-Lite to be fine.

Capture.JPG
2020-2-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TRiPWiRE Posted at 2-13 21:31
There's a major difference between False Positives and actual malware. Malwarebytes themselves have found their software threw out false positives and rectified the situation without K lite having to change a thing. Norton did the same (personal experience). Just this week I encountered a false positive from a company known as Ezybill. They're a reputable company that offer billing services for companies and organisations. Our council uses them for rates payments. Does this mean Ezybill is malicious? No. Antivirus Heuristics are sometimes far too aggressive.

As far as reputation, hmmm. I'm in the same country as you (going by your location), and work for one of the main TV channels as a video / animation editor. I have done so for 20 years. This puts me in direct contact with a professional editing community. In all of K-Lites existence I've never heard of this bad reputation you talk about, nor have I ever had anyone who uses it in the industry mention this either.

I replied to you by Personal Message.
2020-2-15
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.3
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2-15 13:57
I replied to you by Personal Message.

Cheers!

That's certainly a very impressive career. You've successfully made me feel like a rookie here!

Thanks for your reply.
2020-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules