Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal crooked mid flight
1434 6 2020-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leeblynchgmail.com
lvl.1
United States

I just received the Mavic 2 pro and the gimbal is centered and straight when I take off, but after flying for various amounts of time, the gimbal horizon is crooked to the right.  I have calibrated the gimbal (4 times), and even while I'm flying if I adjust the roll of the gimbal to make if straight, as soon as I fly between a second and two minutes the gimbal is once again no longer level.  What do I need to do to fix this?????????
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day leeblynchgmail.com. I am sorry to know that the gimbal of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro is not working properly. May we know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened and have you tried to refresh the firmware of the said drone as well. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-1
Use props
leeblynchgmail.com
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 07:33
Hello and good day leeblynchgmail.com. I am sorry to know that the gimbal of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro is not working properly. May we know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened and have you tried to refresh the firmware of the said drone as well. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

This issue occurred brand new right out of the box.  Not 1 flight on the aircraft.  I have refreshed the firmware, I have calibrated the IMU, etc.  Todays flight I had to adjust the gimbal straight before taking off, but first I calibrated gimbal, when it finished and said it was calibrated the gimbal was still crooked.  So I adjusted ROLL axis to straight 1.3 is what it took to straighten it out.  I took off and gained altitude to 200 feet, the gimbal was crooked, so I opened the roll app.  It was on 2.2 when I opened the adjustment app, I readjusted it to .6 and it was straight again.  I flew out 1700 feet and noticed the gimbal was crooked again.
2020-2-1
Use props
leeblynchgmail.com
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 07:33
Hello and good day leeblynchgmail.com. I am sorry to know that the gimbal of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro is not working properly. May we know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened and have you tried to refresh the firmware of the said drone as well. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

Flight number two for today with the crooked gimbal.  After a flight of 10 minutes the camera view in the smart controller was bouncing all over the place.  Rolling left and right, etc.  After almost a minute of this the Gimbal Overload warning popped up on the screen.  
2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

leeblynchgmail.com Posted at 2-1 09:38
This issue occurred brand new right out of the box.  Not 1 flight on the aircraft.  I have refreshed the firmware, I have calibrated the IMU, etc.  Todays flight I had to adjust the gimbal straight before taking off, but first I calibrated gimbal, when it finished and said it was calibrated the gimbal was still crooked.  So I adjusted ROLL axis to straight 1.3 is what it took to straighten it out.  I took off and gained altitude to 200 feet, the gimbal was crooked, so I opened the roll app.  It was on 2.2 when I opened the adjustment app, I readjusted it to .6 and it was straight again.  I flew out 1700 feet and noticed the gimbal was crooked again.

Thank you for the given update leeblynchgmail.com. Since after doing these troubleshooting steps and still the issue is still persisting and you have recieved a Gimbal Overload warning. I would recommend you contact our support team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have a team who would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to help you as soon as possible. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2020-2-2
Use props
RSW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

I presume you remembered to remove the clear plastic dome - the gimbal lock. That would cause both a tilted horizon and gimbal overload.
2020-2-11
Use props
AEROKAMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

There are few posts about it. Look here
2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now